Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Old 02-02-2024, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I’m the previous poster on the resignation. Then what about managing these toxic managers’ expectation? All of them are trying to push me to clear whatever that is outstanding from my side (which is understandable). But those engagements that I’m plotted to barely one week, the in-charge keep using the manager’s name to threaten me. Like “the manager says you have to complete these, these and these”. The work keep piling no matter how hard I try to clear. I really don’t want to burn bridges in case my future employees want to do a background check.
Do you know the audit managers will never want be a referral of their ex-staff?

That's how toxic this audit industry is.

Because you sabo him !!

Old 02-02-2024, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I’m the previous poster on the resignation. Then what about managing these toxic managers’ expectation? All of them are trying to push me to clear whatever that is outstanding from my side (which is understandable). But those engagements that I’m plotted to barely one week, the in-charge keep using the manager’s name to threaten me. Like “the manager says you have to complete these, these and these”. The work keep piling no matter how hard I try to clear. I really don’t want to burn bridges in case my future employees want to do a background check.
You get referral from a peer 1 rank above you, so AM if senior. Or a previous manager who you havent worked with for 3 months. Even resigned managers work as referrals.

Old 02-02-2024, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hahah in charge scare they themself cant cope.
Who cares, just leave at 6. Employer wont find these small clowns.

Just do ur 8hrs a day.

Old 02-02-2024, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Is it just me or does anyone feel that the resignation process is damn tedious? First, the audit department will try to keep coming out with all sorts of excuses to persuade you to stay and purposely delay their release. Then HR cannot process cus the audit department haven’t approve your “separation”. Meanwhile those mean and toxic managers will keep trying to throw you tons of work at you and threaten you that they will not sign clearance if work is not done, and everyday they will talk to you like you owe them a living cus now you just cause them trouble as they can’t find replacement. This industry is truly toxic enough.

mid tiers trash..

we big 4 dont mix with those
Old 02-02-2024, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Hi guys,

I am looking for career advice.

Is it better to start as a consultant for example in Accenture or Auditor in Big 4?
Which has better exit opportunities?

Thank you in advance!
Old 02-02-2024, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi guys,

I am looking for career advice.

Is it better to start as a consultant for example in Accenture or Auditor in Big 4?
Which has better exit opportunities?

Thank you in advance!
if u had to ask this question, there isn't much exit opportunities for u given your IQ/EQ level since you wouldn't be able to pass interview during your exit

Old 02-02-2024, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
if u had to ask this question, there isn't much exit opportunities for u given your IQ/EQ level since you wouldn't be able to pass interview during your exit
So much for your own EQ for trashing people without giving actual advice
Old 03-02-2024, 07:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Bro managers are also just overworked employees like you. If you tahan a few years, you will become manager also. When that time comes, you will understand.

It’s not they have a personal vendetta to bully you but they themselves are piled with a huge mountain of work which is not possible to finish by themselves so they need to delegate. Just think of them as the group leader in your uni project work. If you don’t finish then they are the ones who also get in trouble together. Managers don’t have any power to go hire more staff to help you also, cannot be expect them to spend their own salary to go hire a temp right?

Just buddy buddy work together and see things through.
Old 03-02-2024, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Partner taichi all blame to managers and seniors since their excuse is they are not involved in anything about the running of the engagement so everything is your fault. But partners are the one deciding headcount so you get this mess.

You're getting double booked (whether formally or informally) because there's literally not enough staff due to no backfilling, high attrition, plus poor morale so not many want to OT on weekends. Gen Z doesn't want to work hard, seniors get burnt out from tanking everything, managers turn dead on the inside from not having enough resources to meet deadlines. Everyone is looking for a job right now so competition is super tough so you have zombies in the company. Anyway they're actually planning to PIP a good number of the staffs so yes that guy a few posts back might have been gotten wind of that from their manager. But I don't think it's to kick out foreigners to hire more managers because quite a number are locals.

Forget about the interns, only 2 guys signed a return offer. Which is good, because nobody in their right mind should think that a 3.6k job with 16 hours workdays is a great deal when admin and receptionist jobs can pay just as much at 9-6. Look at all the IT grads complaining about their 5k salary job offers...
Old 03-02-2024, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

I share similar sentiments as above poster

Just one more input… junior partners also have no say in headcount.

The core leadership team runs the show, and only the senior partners got strong power to influence them. Junior partner you can think of as minority shareholder, can submit feedback can suggest initiatives but cannot force action. This is not like small firm you only have 5 partners and need 3 to move forward.

Today you go buy some SingTel share… you also no power to do anything at AGM lol

The problem is I’m worried that by the time junior partners become senior partners, their interest changes and the cycle continues…