Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 07:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I’m the previous poster on the resignation. Then what about managing these toxic managers’ expectation? All of them are trying to push me to clear whatever that is outstanding from my side (which is understandable). But those engagements that I’m plotted to barely one week, the in-charge keep using the manager’s name to threaten me. Like “the manager says you have to complete these, these and these”. The work keep piling no matter how hard I try to clear. I really don’t want to burn bridges in case my future employees want to do a background check.
Bro managers are also just overworked employees like you. If you tahan a few years, you will become manager also. When that time comes, you will understand.

It’s not they have a personal vendetta to bully you but they themselves are piled with a huge mountain of work which is not possible to finish by themselves so they need to delegate. Just think of them as the group leader in your uni project work. If you don’t finish then they are the ones who also get in trouble together. Managers don’t have any power to go hire more staff to help you also, cannot be expect them to spend their own salary to go hire a temp right?

Just buddy buddy work together and see things through.