Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard Chartered - Page 3 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard Chartered

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2020, 01:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In other words, is difficult to determine how much one is making just base on the title and rank.

AVP in BnP can be 7k and can also be 12k
VP in HSBC can be 8k and can also be 13k
Associate Director in SCB can be 7k and can be 12k

Salary range for each pay grade will overlap with each other.
yes indeed, rank is never a good indication for pay, it's just your seniority in that department.

you can be a VP in a call centre and still earn less than a senior associate in say, corporate banking.

Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 21-12-2020, 03:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Fixed Bonus
Band 4 -> 200k+ ~30-50k
Band 5 -> 140K to 200K ~10-35k

Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 21-12-2020, 05:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fixed Bonus
Band 4 -> 200k+ ~30-50k
Band 5 -> 140K to 200K ~10-35k
back office?

Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 29-03-2021, 07:06 AM
Badoet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Band 5

I am band 5 in IT, 190k per annum base. This year bonus ~20k due to covid.
Last year bonus was ~40k.

Band 5 consists of M22 and M23.
M22 is equivalent to VP, M23 to SVP.
Band 4 is ED.
If an M22 like me gets 190k. I think 200k is a norm for M23, and 220k for B4.

You won't get Band 4 unless your last position is already an ED in a foreign bank.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 29-03-2021, 07:21 AM
Badoet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs down Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In other words, is difficult to determine how much one is making just base on the title and rank.

AVP in BnP can be 7k and can also be 12k
VP in HSBC can be 8k and can also be 13k
Associate Director in SCB can be 7k and can be 12k

Salary range for each pay grade will overlap with each other.
I seriously don't think you work in foreign banks before.
Nobody pays 8k for VP role in HSBC. And 7k for AD in SCB? An outright lie!
I work in SCB okay.

Also imagine being a VP with 8k reviewing performance of AVPs with 10k under him/her??!!?
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 29-03-2021, 10:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badoet View Post
I seriously don't think you work in foreign banks before.
Nobody pays 8k for VP role in HSBC. And 7k for AD in SCB? An outright lie!
I work in SCB okay.

Also imagine being a VP with 8k reviewing performance of AVPs with 10k under him/her??!!?
What is the salary range for AD at SCB. Looking at the data from Glassdoor and mycareersfuture. It is in the range of 8k to 13k. No?.
Reply With Quote

  #27 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2021, 07:07 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badoet View Post
I am band 5 in IT, 190k per annum base. This year bonus ~20k due to covid.
Last year bonus was ~40k.

Band 5 consists of M22 and M23.
M22 is equivalent to VP, M23 to SVP.
Band 4 is ED.
If an M22 like me gets 190k. I think 200k is a norm for M23, and 220k for B4.

You won't get Band 4 unless your last position is already an ED in a foreign bank.
you are looking at an outlier of yourself. most M22 annual total is 150k-180k. you don't have to be an ED in a foreign bank to get band 4 in SCB, SVP or high paying VP also can. at the end of the day (sadly) it's the previous job's pay that determine your next job.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2021, 12:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If the ranks are so different between all the banks, why are you guys still using the ranks as a comparison?? Just use the salary package to compare la dey.
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 14-04-2021, 06:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If the ranks are so different between all the banks, why are you guys still using the ranks as a comparison?? Just use the salary package to compare la dey.
exactly. salary is the only common denominator, hr only asks for previous salary, not previous rank which is meaningless

however, internally the rank does have added information that salary alone doesn't tell. take black/red bank for example, if possible one should ask for higher rank even at the cost of slightly lower salary. because once you are in, every year the benchmark is done at rank level. so if you take a lower rank of same salary, you'd appear to be well paid or overly paid, and end up with less increment/bonus. versus if you start with higher rank, hr will make sure you catch up soon. it's basically egalitarian although they call it balanced total compensation.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 14-04-2021, 07:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
exactly. salary is the only common denominator, hr only asks for previous salary, not previous rank which is meaningless

however, internally the rank does have added information that salary alone doesn't tell. take black/red bank for example, if possible one should ask for higher rank even at the cost of slightly lower salary. because once you are in, every year the benchmark is done at rank level. so if you take a lower rank of same salary, you'd appear to be well paid or overly paid, and end up with less increment/bonus. versus if you start with higher rank, hr will make sure you catch up soon. it's basically egalitarian although they call it balanced total compensation.
I can start preparing for semi retirement at black and white .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Standard Chartered International Graduate Program 2015 samtanjw Income and Jobs 375 22-02-2023 11:34 PM
Standard Chartered Bank Back Office brandon Income and Jobs 52 03-09-2022 09:26 AM
HSBC Band Progression nation Income and Jobs 1 02-05-2018 02:16 PM
Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst ook Education and Personal Growth 7 04-08-2015 07:27 PM
standard chartered finance management trainee program alwaysnforever Income and Jobs 3 07-02-2013 03:44 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Credit Suisse salary ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 23,305 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,610 Replies, 3,733,528 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,542 Replies, 4,740,054 Views
Credit Suisse ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
191 Replies, 132,280 Views
merit increment in civil service ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
91 Replies, 150,567 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,894 Replies, 1,555,090 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
19,023 Replies, 8,317,640 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,263 Replies, 2,947,553 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,796 Replies, 2,494,077 Views
How much yearly salary increment... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 17,336 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,303 Replies, 1,064,746 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,287 Replies, 1,117,334 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,786 Replies, 2,486,679 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
152 Replies, 82,866 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
667 Replies, 312,901 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,375 Replies, 711,541 Views
Julius Baer Graduate Program 2023
7 Replies, 1,703 Views
Schneider Electric - EGP (Grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
112 Replies, 72,954 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,047 Replies, 904,204 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
393 Replies, 173,780 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,124 Replies, 859,210 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
544 Replies, 266,600 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,590 Replies, 1,291,128 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
304 Replies, 201,355 Views
ByteDance / TikTok ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 12,966 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,057 Replies, 3,571,055 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,273 Replies, 10,624,223 Views
Working in NEA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
108 Replies, 124,808 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
406 Replies, 327,230 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,165 Replies, 3,742,777 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2