Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard Chartered - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard Chartered

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 24-04-2020, 10:27 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1
tomatowi is on a distinguished road
Default Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard Chartered

Hi guys,

I'm nearing the negotiation stage and would like to get a feel of the numbers I can expect for a Band 4 / Band 5 in SCB. It is a Group role and is Not Front office.

Appreciate any guidance.

Cheers.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2020, 12:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Get over their hiring freeze first

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2020, 09:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatowi View Post
Hi guys,

I'm nearing the negotiation stage and would like to get a feel of the numbers I can expect for a Band 4 / Band 5 in SCB. It is a Group role and is Not Front office.

Appreciate any guidance.

Cheers.
In this climate, your hand is weak. Moreover, Stanchart is not doing well, even going so far as to scrap dividends (along with HSBC). Just take what you can get.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2020, 10:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In this climate, your hand is weak. Moreover, Stanchart is not doing well, even going so far as to scrap dividends (along with HSBC). Just take what you can get.
I really appreciate the response.

Would you be able to share why SCB is not doing well? Is this Internationally or in Singapore?

I know it's not the best climate now, but I'm keen to get a ball park around expectations. I've never worked in banking in Singapore (but I have overseas), so would be keen to hear some figures.

Also, would it be correct to say (for e.g. in DBS standards) Band 4 is the equivalent of SVP and band 5 VP.

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2020, 11:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I really appreciate the response.

Would you be able to share why SCB is not doing well? Is this Internationally or in Singapore?

I know it's not the best climate now, but I'm keen to get a ball park around expectations. I've never worked in banking in Singapore (but I have overseas), so would be keen to hear some figures.

Also, would it be correct to say (for e.g. in DBS standards) Band 4 is the equivalent of SVP and band 5 VP.

Thanks again.
temasek's ho ching went to scb CEO bill winter's office to knock some sense into him. so you think they are doing well?

local banks are 2 grades lower than foreign banks
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2020, 11:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
temasek's ho ching went to scb CEO bill winter's office to knock some sense into him. so you think they are doing well?

local banks are 2 grades lower than foreign banks
Will look and research on what you mentioned.

What did you mean by local banks being 2 grads lower than foreign bank? Does that mean SVP in Standard Chartered would be an AVP in DBS?

Also, would $200k+ for Band 4 be realistic?
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2020, 11:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Will look and research on what you mentioned.

What did you mean by local banks being 2 grads lower than foreign bank? Does that mean SVP in Standard Chartered would be an AVP in DBS?

Also, would $200k+ for Band 4 be realistic?
the other way round. AVP in SCB is equivalent to VP/SVP in DBS, for example. Band 4 200k should be the lower bound.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 27-04-2020, 02:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

People talking out of their ass again - SC doesnt even have AVP/VP/SVP positions. It's associated director/director/executive director. At associate director level 10k/mth for Middle office is the norm. Bonus really depends, but dont expect much in this climate.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 27-04-2020, 08:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
the other way round. AVP in SCB is equivalent to VP/SVP in DBS, for example. Band 4 200k should be the lower bound.
Iíve also heard about this local bank titles being lower than foreign banks - but Iíve heard itís 1 band lower... I.e. Foreign bank AVP/AD being the same in VP in the local banks. Can anyone verify this?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 27-04-2020, 11:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Iíve also heard about this local bank titles being lower than foreign banks - but Iíve heard itís 1 band lower... I.e. Foreign bank AVP/AD being the same in VP in the local banks. Can anyone verify this?
There are so many foreign banks that the difference depends on which you refer to. In any case, the local banks are almost always lower (i.e. inflated titles). This is one way they try to compete for talent with the big international banks, by giving "higher" ranks to boost ego. You know titles are inflated when there are more AVPs than Associates.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Standard Chartered International Graduate Program 2015 samtanjw Income and Jobs 476 18-03-2024 07:34 PM
Standard Chartered Bank Back Office brandon Income and Jobs 52 03-09-2022 09:26 AM
HSBC Band Progression nation Income and Jobs 1 02-05-2018 02:16 PM
Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst ook Education and Personal Growth 7 04-08-2015 07:27 PM
standard chartered finance management trainee program alwaysnforever Income and Jobs 3 07-02-2013 03:44 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,516 Replies, 1,978,059 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,397 Replies, 6,678,897 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,136 Replies, 4,975,033 Views
31 yo private uni grad. Is there... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 4,907 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,213 Replies, 2,614,327 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,782 Replies, 5,623,782 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
216 Replies, 197,104 Views
INL Agency? Brand Communication...
8 Replies, 933 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,979 Replies, 1,722,584 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,549 Replies, 13,045,668 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,646 Replies, 3,689,298 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,843 Replies, 7,286,887 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
937 Replies, 499,432 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,506 Replies, 10,940,635 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
952 Replies, 579,707 Views
Salary Calculation
8 Replies, 6,002 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,623 Replies, 4,039,774 Views
Salary increment
3 Replies, 276 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,442 Replies, 735,481 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,019 Replies, 517,778 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
367 Replies, 414,043 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,361 Replies, 1,206,302 Views
DSO (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 72,893 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,597 Replies, 1,279,791 Views
Rohde & Schwarz in Singapore
9 Replies, 8,964 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,969 Replies, 1,585,910 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
960 Replies, 480,754 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,210 Replies, 484,958 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,682 Replies, 2,682,218 Views
SLA (Singapore Land Authority) ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 11,485 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2