Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19 Batch - Are your lowering your expectations? - Page 26 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19 Batch - Are your lowering your expectations?

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #251 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2020, 01:39 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 128
sinkingfeeling is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
OCBC had also in May lowered the minimum salary requirement to qualify for the 360 account's salary bonus interest to $1,800, from $2,000 previously. Half of the new accounts opened in May will now be able to earn the salary bonus interest, especially customers who are just entering the workforce, said OCBC head of deposits Gregory Cher in a statement.

Based on above stmt by OCBC, it suggests that for half of the new deposit accounts opened with them in May, the salary ranges from $2250 - $2500. I think it should consist mostly of poly grads/ private uni grads? Would be terrible if this is fresh grad local uni grad pay, as I think this was the fresh pay like abt 15 years ago?
What to do, just lan lan work like a dog whole life, have two char siew children and a once chio wife who becomes fat and naggy

Then after that, enjoy retirement as a cardboard picker

Such is the life of a Sinkie

Reply With Quote
  #252 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2020, 01:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling View Post
What to do, just lan lan work like a dog whole life, have two char siew children and a once chio wife who becomes fat and naggy

Then after that, enjoy retirement as a cardboard picker

Such is the life of a Sinkie
ok sinkingfeeling

Reply With Quote
  #253 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2020, 11:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling View Post
What to do, just lan lan work like a dog whole life, have two char siew children and a once chio wife who becomes fat and naggy

Then after that, enjoy retirement as a cardboard picker

Such is the life of a Sinkie
Eh this sinkingfeeling guy is seriously a mood dampener in the forums. Always see his name in the latest threads but never once providing any genuine advice or helping others out. Only spreading negativity and feeling shitty for himself.

Get off your fking ass and go work towards what you wanna achieve. There are numerous courses online you can take to learn new skills. Spend time upgrading yourself instead of coming onto this forum and looking down on others and yourself. Whining isn't going to magically land you a job of your dreams or accumulate any sympathy points for you.

This will sound harsh but this is the real world.

Reply With Quote
  #254 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2020, 12:32 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 128
sinkingfeeling is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Eh this sinkingfeeling guy is seriously a mood dampener in the forums. Always see his name in the latest threads but never once providing any genuine advice or helping others out. Only spreading negativity and feeling shitty for himself.

Get off your fking ass and go work towards what you wanna achieve. There are numerous courses online you can take to learn new skills. Spend time upgrading yourself instead of coming onto this forum and looking down on others and yourself. Whining isn't going to magically land you a job of your dreams or accumulate any sympathy points for you.

This will sound harsh but this is the real world.
It's true, I spread joy wherever I go
Reply With Quote
  #255 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2020, 01:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling View Post
It's true, I spread joy wherever I go
Posting senseless and useless responses isn't going to help you. But wtv man you do you. Can't help you if you don't even want to help yourself
Reply With Quote
  #256 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2020, 01:55 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 128
sinkingfeeling is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Posting senseless and useless responses isn't going to help you. But wtv man you do you. Can't help you if you don't even want to help yourself
OK to be serious.

I suffer from a lot of problems - social problems (pretty obvious), health problems, mental problems.

I have trouble holding down a job, I have trouble making friends, and I'm quite a sickly person.

And each time I try to solve my problems, I realise my problems are never ending and that some of them are insurmountable.

That's just talking about the problems that are supposedly within my controls by the way.

At least that's the way I see it.
Reply With Quote

  #257 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2020, 02:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling View Post
OK to be serious.

I suffer from a lot of problems - social problems (pretty obvious), health problems, mental problems.

I have trouble holding down a job, I have trouble making friends, and I'm quite a sickly person.

And each time I try to solve my problems, I realise my problems are never ending and that some of them are insurmountable.

That's just talking about the problems that are supposedly within my controls by the way.

At least that's the way I see it.
Okay first off, finally you are being serious and posting properly without using that stupid ass emoji. Posting those pointless comments isn't going to help your situation. With the current climate in the job market and the economy, the last thing everyone on this forum needs right now is another post infused with negativity.

Next, you have listed out quite a number of problems. You can do a self evaluation and find what is the underlying issue that is causing those problems. For example, is the reason why you cannot make friends due to your social awkwardness? If so, then you can work on your social and communication skills to eradicate that problem. If the reason you cannot hold on to your job is because of your education or skill level, then you will need to upgrade and learn new skills to stay relevant.

Problems are only insurmountable if you leave them unresolved. And no problem is ever resolved overnight. Every step you take to resolve them is a step closer to eradicating it. Always take one thing at a time, some progress is better than no progress at all. A very important thing is also the way we see problem. You can choose to see it as a hindrance to yourself, or you can see it as a challenge that will make you stronger when you overcome it. (At least that's how I choose to view obstacles)

This post may sound overwhelming but just take one thing at a time and go at your own pace. Don't bother how others are doing most important is how you are progressing relative to YOURSELF.

Anyway, hope this helps in some way.
Reply With Quote
  #258 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2020, 07:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Okay first off, finally you are being serious and posting properly without using that stupid ass emoji. Posting those pointless comments isn't going to help your situation. With the current climate in the job market and the economy, the last thing everyone on this forum needs right now is another post infused with negativity.

Next, you have listed out quite a number of problems. You can do a self evaluation and find what is the underlying issue that is causing those problems. For example, is the reason why you cannot make friends due to your social awkwardness? If so, then you can work on your social and communication skills to eradicate that problem. If the reason you cannot hold on to your job is because of your education or skill level, then you will need to upgrade and learn new skills to stay relevant.

Problems are only insurmountable if you leave them unresolved. And no problem is ever resolved overnight. Every step you take to resolve them is a step closer to eradicating it. Always take one thing at a time, some progress is better than no progress at all. A very important thing is also the way we see problem. You can choose to see it as a hindrance to yourself, or you can see it as a challenge that will make you stronger when you overcome it. (At least that's how I choose to view obstacles)

This post may sound overwhelming but just take one thing at a time and go at your own pace. Don't bother how others are doing most important is how you are progressing relative to YOURSELF.

Anyway, hope this helps in some way.
@sinkingfeeling, the poster above is right. You can choose to break down each problem into bite sized pieces and take active steps to tackle it one piece at a time. Nobody can resolve a large complex problem at one go. If you are willing to share more actual details, perhaps someone may come up with ideas for you to work on. Posting silly comments with no insight into your issues is not gonna help you in any way. The most important thing to ask yourself is: Do you want to get out of the this hole? If you do, only you can make the first move. Feeling sorry for yourself is not going to advance your cause.
Reply With Quote
  #259 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2020, 11:16 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 128
sinkingfeeling is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Okay first off, finally you are being serious and posting properly without using that stupid ass emoji. Posting those pointless comments isn't going to help your situation. With the current climate in the job market and the economy, the last thing everyone on this forum needs right now is another post infused with negativity.

Next, you have listed out quite a number of problems. You can do a self evaluation and find what is the underlying issue that is causing those problems. For example, is the reason why you cannot make friends due to your social awkwardness? If so, then you can work on your social and communication skills to eradicate that problem. If the reason you cannot hold on to your job is because of your education or skill level, then you will need to upgrade and learn new skills to stay relevant.

Problems are only insurmountable if you leave them unresolved. And no problem is ever resolved overnight. Every step you take to resolve them is a step closer to eradicating it. Always take one thing at a time, some progress is better than no progress at all. A very important thing is also the way we see problem. You can choose to see it as a hindrance to yourself, or you can see it as a challenge that will make you stronger when you overcome it. (At least that's how I choose to view obstacles)

This post may sound overwhelming but just take one thing at a time and go at your own pace. Don't bother how others are doing most important is how you are progressing relative to YOURSELF.

Anyway, hope this helps in some way.
Thank you. Am now in the process of getting help for my many health issues. Hopefully will pave the path for resolving my career issues.
Reply With Quote
  #260 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2020, 11:18 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 128
sinkingfeeling is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
@sinkingfeeling, the poster above is right. You can choose to break down each problem into bite sized pieces and take active steps to tackle it one piece at a time. Nobody can resolve a large complex problem at one go. If you are willing to share more actual details, perhaps someone may come up with ideas for you to work on. Posting silly comments with no insight into your issues is not gonna help you in any way. The most important thing to ask yourself is: Do you want to get out of the this hole? If you do, only you can make the first move. Feeling sorry for yourself is not going to advance your cause.
First work problem I can think of: when I had a job I used to spend a lot of time writing and rewriting emails.

I was scared that people would interpret something I didn't mean. Also have a desire to make sure my writing is polished. But then I always spent maybe half an hour on that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salary expectations in Hospital Management ssoomro Income and Jobs 1 11-05-2018 12:15 AM
is 3rd class honors useful? YGYGYG Income and Jobs 71 27-10-2017 10:05 PM
Help in career path (low expectations) 1234567 Income and Jobs 9 19-01-2015 05:36 PM
PUB interview (June's Batch) pandayh Income and Jobs 0 16-06-2014 04:34 PM
Salary expectations for midlife career change of an Engineer singaporeteacher Income and Jobs 2 12-06-2012 10:00 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,908 Replies, 1,083,102 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,751 Replies, 268,907 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
98 Replies, 12,526 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
387 Replies, 286,561 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,184 Replies, 967,734 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 15,285 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,089 Replies, 498,931 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
667 Replies, 210,199 Views
Submitting My Resume To ST... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 21,834 Views
Anyone being hired during covid... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 670 Views
Please Share DBS Average Months... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,710 Views
Can share your your car...
2 Replies, 167 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,094 Replies, 5,577,302 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,546 Replies, 2,597,753 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
7 Replies, 2,114 Views
Any Kaplan students here can land... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 996 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,291 Replies, 906,237 Views
Sign On After 30? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 2,821 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,837 Views
Android, iPhone and iPad Apps For...
2 Replies, 2,346 Views
HR Career advice
2 Replies, 1,358 Views
where can i buy nintendo stock?
5 Replies, 3,292 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 12,733 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,728 Replies, 796,838 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,292 Replies, 1,904,135 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
156 Replies, 75,095 Views
need some info on CNB
0 Replies, 125 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
335 Replies, 263,204 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2