PSA International - Page 11 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

PSA International

Old 22-03-2023, 09:55 PM
Selfsnook

Red face

Those working in PSA will know whether is the truth or not. But I strongly advise against joining this company. It may sound ironic since I'm still working there but it is more of not much choices as when age catches up, other companies are not so willing to hire u cos ur title is like. Mgr only ah. I have a dozen over there waiting for interview also. Promotion is slow af. But one thing for sure. It is stable.
The company is under temasek. Hence dont expect high increments or pay adjustments for loyal staffs. Unless u join finance. The left pocket right pocket of 8.33% is the biggest joke of all by HR. Overall ur annual is an artificial increase. U need to compare based on the next 2 years. Which is a smart move by HR. And even for promotees u need to serve additional 1+1 month notice. Desperate move to retain ppl, which is counter intuitive and makes people wanna quit even faster. And remember. They froze our pay. The increment last year does not compensate for that 1 year freeze. Do not be blinded by the 8.33%. The management is pretty good at repackaging the bonus slides to make it looks like the company recognises your efforts. Blah blah. End of the day, we are not stupid. We also know how to calculate. Grab earns me much more. Oh.. The benefits are like crap too. Zoo passes ratio is like 1-5000? Bungalow/ chalet rental? Is rigged. Priority is given to higher management. How do I know? Guess which dept I'm working at.

Old 02-07-2023, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfsnook View Post
Those working in PSA will know whether is the truth or not. But I strongly advise against joining this company. It may sound ironic since I'm still working there but it is more of not much choices as when age catches up, other companies are not so willing to hire u cos ur title is like. Mgr only ah. I have a dozen over there waiting for interview also. Promotion is slow af. But one thing for sure. It is stable.
The company is under temasek. Hence dont expect high increments or pay adjustments for loyal staffs. Unless u join finance. The left pocket right pocket of 8.33% is the biggest joke of all by HR. Overall ur annual is an artificial increase. U need to compare based on the next 2 years. Which is a smart move by HR. And even for promotees u need to serve additional 1+1 month notice. Desperate move to retain ppl, which is counter intuitive and makes people wanna quit even faster. And remember. They froze our pay. The increment last year does not compensate for that 1 year freeze. Do not be blinded by the 8.33%. The management is pretty good at repackaging the bonus slides to make it looks like the company recognises your efforts. Blah blah. End of the day, we are not stupid. We also know how to calculate. Grab earns me much more. Oh.. The benefits are like crap too. Zoo passes ratio is like 1-5000? Bungalow/ chalet rental? Is rigged. Priority is given to higher management. How do I know? Guess which dept I'm working at.
So true, PSA management will give whatever excuses just not to adjust the pay of the staff. Typical state-owned company.

Old 11-07-2023, 06:44 AM
Ipman314

Thumbs down Unsatisfied job offer

Went to interview for the deputy manager/manager role and completed 2 rounds of interviews. Got informed of informal acceptance by the HR 2 days post second interview and that they are in the process of obtaining budget approval for the role.

HR only contacted me again 1.5 weeks later, telling me that I was accepted to an asst manager role (a position lower than the one I had applied/interviewed for) and gave me a salary package that's not even higher than what my current employer is giving.
I had then asked for a contract for me to view the terms but was refused by HR because "the company does not practised that".

I felt so insulted! If you no longer have budget for the role then just reject me right?! Hig

Old 31-07-2023, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

Default HR wasting ppl's time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipman314 View Post
Went to interview for the deputy manager/manager role and completed 2 rounds of interviews. Got informed of informal acceptance by the HR 2 days post second interview and that they are in the process of obtaining budget approval for the role.

HR only contacted me again 1.5 weeks later, telling me that I was accepted to an asst manager role (a position lower than the one I had applied/interviewed for) and gave me a salary package that's not even higher than what my current employer is giving.
I had then asked for a contract for me to view the terms but was refused by HR because "the company does not practised that".

I felt so insulted! If you no longer have budget for the role then just reject me right?! Hig
The are damn good at wasting ppl's time. You are not the first and won't be the last. If you can't even match the person salary, why waste ppl's time. Heard a few cases already. Problem is the HR still think they are damn competitive like ppl is begging to come PSA.
Old 17-08-2023, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The are damn good at wasting ppl's time. You are not the first and won't be the last. If you can't even match the person salary, why waste ppl's time. Heard a few cases already. Problem is the HR still think they are damn competitive like ppl is begging to come PSA.
Yup, the HR is very tradition and refuse to keep up with the outside world.
The benefits are not much nor fantastic anyway. Some can be hard to claim too!
Finally if you are in a team where your manager knows nothing, you will be screwed. Most are promoted either due to having good connections with higher-ups OR has done lots of CCAs.
Those who are good at their jobs ultimately left because of lack of progressions for them.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Default Bootlicking yes man

Quote:
Yup, the HR is very tradition and refuse to keep up with the outside world.
The benefits are not much nor fantastic anyway. Some can be hard to claim too!
Finally if you are in a team where your manager knows nothing, you will be screwed. Most are promoted either due to having good connections with higher-ups OR has done lots of CCAs.
Those who are good at their jobs ultimately left because of lack of progressions for them.
OMG yeah, you are so right. They prefer promoting those bootlicking yes man rather than those that are good at their job. You will be so surprised that the manager you work with is so out of touch and depth. Knows nothing but can be a manager.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

how's the cyber security dept in PSA?
Old 15-10-2023, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
how's the cyber security dept in PSA?
Join at your own risk. It's practically useless department, where they just patch every single thing. Doesn't matter any risk mitigation.
Old 24-10-2023, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

Default Salary negotiation

Just received an offer but was not the expected salary I wanted. I did an counter offer and the HR inform that they will review the matter. Do you think they will get back to me?
Old 28-10-2023, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Just received an offer but was not the expected salary I wanted. I did an counter offer and the HR inform that they will review the matter. Do you think they will get back to me?
For which position?