SP Group - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




SP Group

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2022, 11:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think this is true.
So average performer will get 3 to 4 months?

Do they provide transport allowance since the engineers need to drive around to sites?

Executives will have their own cubicles with partitions?
SP offer highest mileage claim of $0.70 per km for car
The cubicles will depend on the office location u work at

Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 16-11-2022, 09:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SP offer highest mileage claim of $0.70 per km for car
The cubicles will depend on the office location u work at
Oh, $0.70/km is high. Previously I heard was only $0.65/km.

If work at NGCC, do the engineers have their own cubicles with partitions?

Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2022, 11:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Promotions are slow unless you are the chosen ones. Lousy career progression.
Unlike in other companies I worked at, this company do not provide cubicles for executive staff! You work at shared workspaces and even your Director do not have their own rooms. They seat literally beside you. It's ridiculous! And they cut bonuses this year. Morale is very low after several electricity incidents and it's very obvious they focus on profits instead of staff benefits.. Sometimes this company feels like an IT company, neglecting it's core business. Those non core business staff like programmers or HR seem to be promoted faster and better paid than engineers. They dominate the promotion list yearly. Instead of hiring more engineering staff to cope, they implemented a manpower freeze to save costs. There are many obvious cost savings measures implemented. Very high turnover rates. Many people are leaving the company or trying to join EMA or somewhere else. Look at their senior management, they have 2 HR heads and still cannot sense the poor morale. I left the company few months back and never regretted. Overall, a **** place to work at. Avoid at all cost.
very well said.. couldn't agree more.
besides, lots of seniors also encouraged to get out before 3-5 years if there's a opportunity. Or else there's high chance you will just get stuck inside forever and if u're not the chosen one then goodluck to you.. Not many employers outside are willing to match your pay package for having such a specialised skillset and also its not so relevant to outside SP. Quite bad actually..

Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 27-11-2022, 08:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
very well said.. couldn't agree more.
besides, lots of seniors also encouraged to get out before 3-5 years if there's a opportunity. Or else there's high chance you will just get stuck inside forever and if u're not the chosen one then goodluck to you.. Not many employers outside are willing to match your pay package for having such a specialised skillset and also its not so relevant to outside SP. Quite bad actually..
What is the issue if get stuck inside forever?
I tot SP Group is the company meant to work till retirement?
There are many employees inside working from their 20s to 60s.
There are benefits and its annual leave is 24 days after working for 10 years.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 27-11-2022, 03:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the issue if get stuck inside forever?
I tot SP Group is the company meant to work till retirement?
There are many employees inside working from their 20s to 60s.
There are benefits and its annual leave is 24 days after working for 10 years.
The issue is, by being stuck inside, your year to year increment will never catchup to people who hop (15-20%) every couple years. Opportunity to learn new thing and up ranks also will be lost. This will have huge snowball effect and you will fall behind your peers. Of course this is only referring to the not 'chosen one'. Salary is pathetic. Annual leave 24 days after 10 years is a joke... Other MNC can already get 24 days after 4 years of work. The 20s to 60s ure referring to is belong to those boomer generation who don't really care about achieving higher earning power. If you're comfortable and don't want to progress in career and enjoy being in retirement village, that's fair.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 30-11-2022, 08:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The issue is, by being stuck inside, your year to year increment will never catchup to people who hop (15-20%) every couple years. Opportunity to learn new thing and up ranks also will be lost. This will have huge snowball effect and you will fall behind your peers. Of course this is only referring to the not 'chosen one'. Salary is pathetic. Annual leave 24 days after 10 years is a joke... Other MNC can already get 24 days after 4 years of work. The 20s to 60s ure referring to is belong to those boomer generation who don't really care about achieving higher earning power. If you're comfortable and don't want to progress in career and enjoy being in retirement village, that's fair.
How much is the average annual increment there?
I heard the skills learnt in SP Group are not useful outside. Anybody can elaborate more on this?
Reply With Quote

  #17 (permalink)  
Old 30-11-2022, 11:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The issue is, by being stuck inside, your year to year increment will never catchup to people who hop (15-20%) every couple years. Opportunity to learn new thing and up ranks also will be lost. This will have huge snowball effect and you will fall behind your peers. Of course this is only referring to the not 'chosen one'. Salary is pathetic. Annual leave 24 days after 10 years is a joke... Other MNC can already get 24 days after 4 years of work. The 20s to 60s ure referring to is belong to those boomer generation who don't really care about achieving higher earning power. If you're comfortable and don't want to progress in career and enjoy being in retirement village, that's fair.
Which are the companies that would offer 24 days of leave after 4 years of work? Please name a few of the MNC, we would like to know. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pay and bonuses at Partners Group handclips Income and Jobs 1 22-02-2022 11:16 AM
PrimePartners Group hewett Income and Jobs 0 08-01-2016 11:38 AM
ARC 380 by Tong Eng Group newlaunchsingapore General Discussions 0 20-08-2014 10:10 AM
Group writers Dayer Marketplace and Find Work 0 22-03-2013 07:09 PM
Benchmark your pay by age group Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 26-02-2008 10:12 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Working in NEA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
94 Replies, 117,252 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,850 Replies, 7,982,870 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,522 Replies, 1,206,060 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,032 Replies, 2,798,144 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,563 Replies, 5,661,001 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,055 Replies, 539,458 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,251 Replies, 1,063,348 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,051 Replies, 4,472,829 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,828 Replies, 923,721 Views
MOH Holdings ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 13,911 Views
Digital Academy Program at ST...
2 Replies, 149 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,672 Replies, 1,417,643 Views
ST engineering starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
118 Replies, 83,728 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,142 Replies, 10,306,741 Views
Compare Your Annual Income ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 10,481 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,264 Replies, 1,027,108 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
111 Replies, 54,173 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,038 Replies, 3,608,430 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 24,689 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,184 Replies, 409,760 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
475 Replies, 232,230 Views
BCA (Building and Construction...
1 Replies, 176 Views
MOH (Ministry of Health) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 43,863 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
663 Replies, 272,855 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 37,777 Views
Singapore Power EDGE Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 7,438 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,127 Replies, 802,499 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
884 Replies, 272,184 Views
Singapore Examination and...
2 Replies, 4,214 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2