How rich/poor am I compared to people my age(27)? - Page 11 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Investments and Net Worth

Investments and Net Worth Talk all about money making exploits, shares, property and building net worth




How rich/poor am I compared to people my age(27)?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101 (permalink)  
Old 19-01-2022, 03:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yes very slow.

i am around 23 earning around 200k per year.

i have 200k in cash

500k in stocks.
you're 23 already and you only make 200k?

you really need to buck up dude.

Reply With Quote
  #102 (permalink)  
Old 20-01-2022, 12:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you're 23 already and you only make 200k?

you really need to buck up dude.
ok thankfully my parents put a million in my acct when i was born

Reply With Quote
  #103 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2022, 10:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Arrow

27 M

working experience 4 years in a European bank

160K+ current annual comps package (including CPF/Bonus)

650K Equities Portfolio
170K CPF (all 3 accounts)
60K Cash

*all figures in SGD

Reply With Quote
  #104 (permalink)  
Old 18-03-2022, 05:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yes very slow.

i am around 23 earning around 200k per year.

i have 200k in cash

500k in stocks.
Slow

How you going to survive in Singapore like that?

Leverage on property and rent out
Reply With Quote
  #105 (permalink)  
Old 18-03-2022, 05:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Spend money is enjoyed life

I already mid 30s and only have 60k of cash and 70k of stocks. But I spent my money to almost fully pay my apartment (600k) and spent to buy a 100k car + petrol + ERP.

Yes I stupid should not fully pay house and car. Maybe shouldn't even buy car. Should just invest more and earn more. I have poor man mentality but at least I save and buy the stuffs I want. Maybe tomorrow bang by truck and died. Might as well enjoy life every day as long as not taking loan.

If all of us die tomorrow but I experience more enjoyment than one who scrimp and save and torture own life to have 1million at 27, then IMHO I have lived a richer life.

If long game, maybe the guy who scrimp and save now will enjoy more. If he ever learns to enjoy.
Reply With Quote
  #106 (permalink)  
Old 18-03-2022, 08:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I already mid 30s and only have 60k of cash and 70k of stocks. But I spent my money to almost fully pay my apartment (600k) and spent to buy a 100k car + petrol + ERP.

Yes I stupid should not fully pay house and car. Maybe shouldn't even buy car. Should just invest more and earn more. I have poor man mentality but at least I save and buy the stuffs I want. Maybe tomorrow bang by truck and died. Might as well enjoy life every day as long as not taking loan.

If all of us die tomorrow but I experience more enjoyment than one who scrimp and save and torture own life to have 1million at 27, then IMHO I have lived a richer life.

If long game, maybe the guy who scrimp and save now will enjoy more. If he ever learns to enjoy.
how is buying a car called enjoying??

driving along the great ocean road is a joy. driving on PiE is a nightmare.
Reply With Quote

  #107 (permalink)  
Old 18-03-2022, 08:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
27 M

working experience 4 years in a European bank

160K+ current annual comps package (including CPF/Bonus)

650K Equities Portfolio
170K CPF (all 3 accounts)
60K Cash

*all figures in SGD
good for you. why are u lurking on this forum then? Obviously insecured
Reply With Quote
  #108 (permalink)  
Old 18-03-2022, 09:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Kelapa kepala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how is buying a car called enjoying??

driving along the great ocean road is a joy. driving on PiE is a nightmare.
Your thinking are very simple leh.

You like to sing mean everybody like to sing?
You like to swim mean everybody enjoy to swim?

Every one had different enjoyment. You went offed topic anyway, the point is must live your live today rather than extreme save and suffer then died.
Reply With Quote
  #109 (permalink)  
Old 29-03-2022, 04:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
27 M

working experience 4 years in a European bank

160K+ current annual comps package (including CPF/Bonus)

650K Equities Portfolio
170K CPF (all 3 accounts)
60K Cash

*all figures in SGD
so are you a poly grad, ceca, or csb bbfa?

either way, please tell more believable lies
Reply With Quote
  #110 (permalink)  
Old 29-03-2022, 01:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
27 M

working experience 4 years in a European bank

160K+ current annual comps package (including CPF/Bonus)

650K Equities Portfolio
170K CPF (all 3 accounts)
60K Cash

*all figures in SGD
170k in all 3 accounts haha ok. if you say its in some investment acct and you made money from investment it would have been believable.. LOL
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poor working class Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 25-03-2016 01:04 AM
is it a poor fit or just trying to adapt? autumsy Income and Jobs 4 07-09-2015 11:41 AM
New job - is it a period of transition or a poor fit? moonlightlover Income and Jobs 18 25-07-2015 11:33 AM
How have you done compared with the rest of your class ? Hermit Income and Jobs 9 02-07-2014 08:58 PM
Where does CFA stand compared with MBA rampa001 Education and Personal Growth 13 30-06-2013 11:21 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,436 Replies, 3,377,012 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
880 Replies, 225,258 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,512 Replies, 1,971,737 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,743 Replies, 819,057 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,695 Replies, 2,254,969 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
167 Replies, 61,615 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,003 Replies, 790,272 Views
is this tech job normal? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 4,147 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,009 Replies, 523,406 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,864 Replies, 6,237,144 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
857 Replies, 175,328 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
858 Replies, 391,241 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,847 Replies, 2,799,225 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,274 Replies, 876,214 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
439 Replies, 107,789 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
319 Replies, 209,862 Views
Reference Checks: Does SG HR... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
93 Replies, 150,219 Views
PSA International ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 23,980 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,048 Replies, 357,897 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,333 Replies, 2,231,878 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
311 Replies, 138,913 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
862 Replies, 596,037 Views
Management Consultant in Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 68,304 Views
Marriott International
0 Replies, 91 Views
Internship tips
5 Replies, 275 Views
HSBC Bank ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 57,858 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
199 Replies, 159,203 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,585 Replies, 3,025,851 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
352 Replies, 139,356 Views
ST Engineering Aerospace ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 35,836 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2