I am worried about my future - Page 4 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Investments and Net Worth

Investments and Net Worth Talk all about money making exploits, shares, property and building net worth

I am worried about my future

Old 17-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
bad economy now, so not easy to get job
totally agree, I also havent found any job since graduated this month. some of my uni friends found their jobs before graduated (they have at least second upper), the rest of us are still fighting for going interview as our results sucks (last class/pass degree).

The world is so unfair.

Old 17-06-2016, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I am 27 years old, currently working for 3.5 years and my salary is 3k (I know it is considered low). Just completed my part time degree in Mechanical Engineering (non-local), 2nd upper. Engaged but currently still living with parents and doesn’t own a car; cash 25k.

Reading through this forum I realized that I am probably one of the poorest man in Singapore and I think it will be a really tough time for me to fork out the money for my wedding and hdb in the near future (in 1-2 yrs time).

I hope the experts and experienced people here able to give me some advice of what I can do to improve this situation. Investment?
Just be prudent and plan wisely. Continue to work hard. I am 28 years old with masters degree. Earning 4K plus. With bonus will be 6K plus. Nothing to shout at but I am happy.

Old 03-11-2016, 08:17 AM
Unregistered

Everyone have their own life. Wedding itself I think of it as celebration but remember not to spend too much which cause you in debt. You must manage it with your fiancée so that you won't exceed your Budget. Once you got your Budget out and plan out well, celebrate with a carefree attitude.

I would suggest you jump ship because based on your qualification you can get a better annual package, however there is always a risk in every jump which is the uncertainty of what's coming up next, the environment, the staff and etc.

I am around your age, this year 28. I am happy with my salary and also I try to earn some passive income like bank interest (ard $150 per month) and dividends (ard $20 per month). So there are many ways you can boost your income, like some rent out properties or investment in shares to get dividends and etc. So do not stress yourself too much

Old 03-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

I remember getting married at 32, when our combined income was 4.7 k, or 2.35 k per person.

It was tough, yes.

Now, 11 years later, our combined income is 18.8 k or 9.4k per person.

So, don't fret.

What happened in the 11 years? We both made sure we were learning as much in our jobs as possible, such that we picked up skills and were of value. My wife did it by staying with the same company. I did it by changing companies a couple of times - but each time it was for more responsibilities, which can happen only if you try and learn and do more than what your current job demands. Build your reputation and the jobs will come to you.

Cheers.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

I was earning close to 4K per month (including bonus) at age 28. 4 years down the road, my monthly salary is close to 9.4k (including bonus). In between, made a few job change which brings me to management level. Married early at age 28 and wonder does marriage brings me luck?
Old 06-11-2016, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I was earning close to 4K per month (including bonus) at age 28. 4 years down the road, my monthly salary is close to 9.4k (including bonus). In between, made a few job change which brings me to management level. Married early at age 28 and wonder does marriage brings me luck?
Indeed marriage brings luck to some while others are cursed by their wives...literally and not literally..i've seen close friends, after married, every meal and every expenditure needs to be accounted for to the wife, which brings me to wonder why they get married in the first place...living a life like never lived before..

Old 06-11-2016, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Marriage and finance are unavoidably intertwined. No matter how deep the love is, the foundation must be strong. And one of the cornerstones of a strong foundation of a good marriage is money - like it or not.

The ROM reported that a large of percentage of divorces in Singapore was due to financial issues, mostly the lack of money.

Building up your family finances early in married life is key to having a blissful life later in your marriage when the "love" element has lost its magic or is not as strong.

My wife and I have been married for close to 30 years and thankfully money has never been a worry for us except in 1998. It was the Asian financial crisis and we had just upgraded to a condo and taken on a huge loan as well as emptied our CPF money into the home. It was stressful times where we were worried about jobs and deciding on the schools for our young children. There were quarrels but we held on and now 18 years later, our children have started work, our loans all paid up and things are looking up for us. We are still working although we could retire and just live off our passive income.

If the wife is concerned about money, assure her. She needs financial security for herself and her children. I would rather have such a wife than one who is a spendthrift! You may not realize this, but once you are able to show/convince your wife that you can take of her and the family financially, she will be more relaxed and loving.

Quote:
Indeed marriage brings luck to some while others are cursed by their wives...literally and not literally..i've seen close friends, after married, every meal and every expenditure needs to be accounted for to the wife, which brings me to wonder why they get married in the first place...living a life like never lived before..
Old 06-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Marriage and finance are unavoidably intertwined. No matter how deep the love is, the foundation must be strong. And one of the cornerstones of a strong foundation of a good marriage is money - like it or not.

The ROM reported that a large of percentage of divorces in Singapore was due to financial issues, mostly the lack of money.

Building up your family finances early in married life is key to having a blissful life later in your marriage when the "love" element has lost its magic or is not as strong.

My wife and I have been married for close to 30 years and thankfully money has never been a worry for us except in 1998. It was the Asian financial crisis and we had just upgraded to a condo and taken on a huge loan as well as emptied our CPF money into the home. It was stressful times where we were worried about jobs and deciding on the schools for our young children. There were quarrels but we held on and now 18 years later, our children have started work, our loans all paid up and things are looking up for us. We are still working although we could retire and just live off our passive income.

If the wife is concerned about money, assure her. She needs financial security for herself and her children. I would rather have such a wife than one who is a spendthrift! You may not realize this, but once you are able to show/convince your wife that you can take of her and the family financially, she will be more relaxed and loving.
Thanks for sharing this. I do agree, especially the last paragraph.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 30-11-2016, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
totally agree, I also havent found any job since graduated this month. some of my uni friends found their jobs before graduated (they have at least second upper), the rest of us are still fighting for going interview as our results sucks (last class/pass degree).

The world is so unfair.
Why would you think this is unfair?

Your friends have good grades which is an indication of diligence or capability. Employers naturally feel more assured that they will perform if they are hired. May not be realized in future, but there is a higher chance.

You have lousy grades, that's why you have to fight for interviews to convince employers you have other redeeming qualities other than grades.

If you feel this is unfair, then you are getting off on the wrong foot in life. There will many many more things later in life that you will feel unfair about. Why is my colleague getting more than me? Why am I not getting my promotion? Why do I have end up with the girl next door? Why am I not striking Toto even after soending so much?

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 05-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

The world is so unfair.
Sorry to tell u but u are supposedly old enough to know that the world will never be fair.