Compare civil service salary - Page 9 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #81 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Don't worry, my friend, we are all here to share some info about salary and job prospects. Besides, it is pretty discreet and safe here.

On to the main point, I'm as average as a singaporean male can get. JC(2yrs) -> Army(2.5yrs) -> Uni(4yrs) -> Start Work (25YearsOld). My part-time work experience is very lousy. Most credible part-time job i ever taken was a 2-weeks sales promoter job with Singtel. No CCAs, internship, FYP projects or whatsover. i'm 2nd Lower honours also.

So i guess i got a pretty good offer then? I also just started work and i have gotten to know that the person who recruiter(interviewed) me happened to be an alumni(NUS). So maybe it does helps also lah.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not to doubt you but think its very peculiar for a fresh graduate (with part-time work experience only) to start at MX12 and not MX13. How old are you?

Can elaborate on your part-time work experience?

Reply With Quote
  #82 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't worry, my friend, we are all here to share some info about salary and job prospects. Besides, it is pretty discreet and safe here.

On to the main point, I'm as average as a singaporean male can get. JC(2yrs) -> Army(2.5yrs) -> Uni(4yrs) -> Start Work (25YearsOld). My part-time work experience is very lousy. Most credible part-time job i ever taken was a 2-weeks sales promoter job with Singtel. No CCAs, internship, FYP projects or whatsover. i'm 2nd Lower honours also.

So i guess i got a pretty good offer then? I also just started work and i have gotten to know that the person who recruiter(interviewed) me happened to be an alumni(NUS). So maybe it does helps also lah.
I have to say I am very surprised. As far as i know, all fresh graduates including returning scholars come into civil service as MX13.

Only for mid-career switch people, then does the exception come (they could come in as MX12 or 11 or 10, etc depending on their relevant work experience)

For someone who has 2nd lower, to get MX12 is very very rare and to the extent of strange. Can check whats your starting pay? I'm guessing $3000 for a 2nd lower guy with NS?

Reply With Quote
  #83 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hmm ya, my starting pay is 3K with NS increments. A classmate of mine with roughly the same profile also secured a similar position(just different departments) 1 month before me. I also met up with another classmate who graduated last year, with a pass(merit) degree. His was MX13, but the starting pay is 2.9K.

Want to ask all the experienced ppl here, sometimes the pay grades different but the starting pay almost the same, so is there any difference actually? Maybe my MX13 classmate will get promoted to MX12 within 1-2 years, and maybe i will stay at MX12 for a longer period of time, with pay increments and only get promoted to MX11 in 3,4 years' time?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have to say I am very surprised. As far as i know, all fresh graduates including returning scholars come into civil service as MX13.

Only for mid-career switch people, then does the exception come (they could come in as MX12 or 11 or 10, etc depending on their relevant work experience)

For someone who has 2nd lower, to get MX12 is very very rare and to the extent of strange. Can check whats your starting pay? I'm guessing $3000 for a 2nd lower guy with NS?

Reply With Quote
  #84 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If I have a language degree from SIM, no honors, a couple of years of experience, completed NS, what pay should I expect if I join civil service?
Reply With Quote
  #85 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

1 of my male friend from ntu 2nd upper fresh grad in 2008 july, join MINDEF under DXO scheme (also civil service), getting $3600 starting pay(with NS included) that year.
Reply With Quote
  #86 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hmm ya, my starting pay is 3K with NS increments. A classmate of mine with roughly the same profile also secured a similar position(just different departments) 1 month before me. I also met up with another classmate who graduated last year, with a pass(merit) degree. His was MX13, but the starting pay is 2.9K.

Want to ask all the experienced ppl here, sometimes the pay grades different but the starting pay almost the same, so is there any difference actually? Maybe my MX13 classmate will get promoted to MX12 within 1-2 years, and maybe i will stay at MX12 for a longer period of time, with pay increments and only get promoted to MX11 in 3,4 years' time?
With a different MX grade, (higher) comes a yearly increment which is slight higher than the lower grade (MX 13 eg) and your salary scale will be higher than that of MX 13. That is difference. Other than that, pretty much the same
Reply With Quote

  #87 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1 of my male friend from ntu 2nd upper fresh grad in 2008 july, join MINDEF under DXO scheme (also civil service), getting $3600 starting pay(with NS included) that year.
DXO pays higher starting salary than MXO schemes because of the military jobscope. But thats for a reasonnce you go in, the work experience is not easily transferable. Would be an issue if you decide halfway that you cant see urself doing DXO work as a career. Similar to why uniformed groups pay higher. Its to attract people in.
Reply With Quote
  #88 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hmm ya, my starting pay is 3K with NS increments. A classmate of mine with roughly the same profile also secured a similar position(just different departments) 1 month before me. I also met up with another classmate who graduated last year, with a pass(merit) degree. His was MX13, but the starting pay is 2.9K.

Want to ask all the experienced ppl here, sometimes the pay grades different but the starting pay almost the same, so is there any difference actually? Maybe my MX13 classmate will get promoted to MX12 within 1-2 years, and maybe i will stay at MX12 for a longer period of time, with pay increments and only get promoted to MX11 in 3,4 years' time?
Assuming ur fren performs ok, he will get MX12 after 1 year (either offered perm or 3 yr contract). As for you, the fastest you can turn MX11 is at least 3 years time. But do take note that this is the exception rather than the norm.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #89 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Any idea wats a lecturer's pay scheme ? I understand that they recently change their pay scheme.
Reply With Quote
  #90 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any idea wats a lecturer's pay scheme ? I understand that they recently change their pay scheme.
Is there such a scheme in the civil service? Or are you referring to the various teaching schemes under MOE, or the polytechnic lecturer schemes?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,295 Replies, 234,206 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,815 Replies, 1,057,110 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,568 Replies, 1,250,743 Views
Cold calls/emails to HR ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 1,002 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
922 Replies, 739,038 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,656 Replies, 5,445,779 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 62,101 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
82 Replies, 11,723 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 113,624 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 16,155 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,699 Replies, 2,380,005 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
2 Replies, 977 Views
Mask price discount in cb period
0 Replies, 26 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 4,173 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
102 Replies, 23,544 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
327 Replies, 240,207 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
168 Replies, 169,199 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
244 Replies, 45,907 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,710 Replies, 779,721 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,156 Replies, 879,102 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,207 Replies, 1,858,366 Views
Dentist Salary
7 Replies, 6,031 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 10,332 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 21,170 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
124 Replies, 81,589 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
803 Replies, 533,474 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,315 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,974 Replies, 917,266 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 13,491 Views
Salary working for SEA FP&A... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 1,492 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2