Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't worry, my friend, we are all here to share some info about salary and job prospects. Besides, it is pretty discreet and safe here.

On to the main point, I'm as average as a singaporean male can get. JC(2yrs) -> Army(2.5yrs) -> Uni(4yrs) -> Start Work (25YearsOld). My part-time work experience is very lousy. Most credible part-time job i ever taken was a 2-weeks sales promoter job with Singtel. No CCAs, internship, FYP projects or whatsover. i'm 2nd Lower honours also.

So i guess i got a pretty good offer then? I also just started work and i have gotten to know that the person who recruiter(interviewed) me happened to be an alumni(NUS). So maybe it does helps also lah.
I have to say I am very surprised. As far as i know, all fresh graduates including returning scholars come into civil service as MX13.

Only for mid-career switch people, then does the exception come (they could come in as MX12 or 11 or 10, etc depending on their relevant work experience)

For someone who has 2nd lower, to get MX12 is very very rare and to the extent of strange. Can check whats your starting pay? I'm guessing $3000 for a 2nd lower guy with NS?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app