Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

Hmm ya, my starting pay is 3K with NS increments. A classmate of mine with roughly the same profile also secured a similar position(just different departments) 1 month before me. I also met up with another classmate who graduated last year, with a pass(merit) degree. His was MX13, but the starting pay is 2.9K.

Want to ask all the experienced ppl here, sometimes the pay grades different but the starting pay almost the same, so is there any difference actually? Maybe my MX13 classmate will get promoted to MX12 within 1-2 years, and maybe i will stay at MX12 for a longer period of time, with pay increments and only get promoted to MX11 in 3,4 years' time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have to say I am very surprised. As far as i know, all fresh graduates including returning scholars come into civil service as MX13.

Only for mid-career switch people, then does the exception come (they could come in as MX12 or 11 or 10, etc depending on their relevant work experience)

For someone who has 2nd lower, to get MX12 is very very rare and to the extent of strange. Can check whats your starting pay? I'm guessing $3000 for a 2nd lower guy with NS?