How much are you earning per annum? - Page 783 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #7821 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2015, 07:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As an outsider, I can see your struggle whether to give up HH $500k pa income for less. It will be a major adjustment to your life style.
I don't think it is a big deal. He can adjust his lifestyle easily. My HH income is only $160k pa but we still manage to service our condo's mortgage (only $200k mortgage loan remaining, paying by CPF) and we have no problem buying a new car, paying off in cash.

We chose a cheap car (so that we can fully pay off in cash) and not one of those expensive conti cars. We don't care that it is a cheap car as long as it can bring us from one place to another. There are people who likes to show off driving an expensive conti car but they are heavily in debt.

We are frugal when it comes to spending but generous in our donations to meaningful causes.

Reply With Quote
  #7822 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't think it is a big deal. He can adjust his lifestyle easily. My HH income is only $160k pa but we still manage to service our condo's mortgage (only $200k mortgage loan remaining, paying by CPF) and we have no problem buying a new car, paying off in cash.

We chose a cheap car (so that we can fully pay off in cash) and not one of those expensive conti cars. We don't care that it is a cheap car as long as it can bring us from one place to another. There are people who likes to show off driving an expensive conti car but they are heavily in debt.

We are frugal when it comes to spending but generous in our donations to meaningful causes.
that's not a true reflection - I drive a conti and have had a few brands. most people in the sales room pay full cash. sales force not that happy about it, since they get a commission for selling a car loan. most people pay off 100% in PML/PA/CnC.

Reply With Quote
  #7823 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2015, 12:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
that's not a true reflection - I drive a conti and have had a few brands. most people in the sales room pay full cash. sales force not that happy about it, since they get a commission for selling a car loan. most people pay off 100% in PML/PA/CnC.
I paid my new car in cash too. I find the COE price today very affordable, in view of rising household incomes.

Reply With Quote
  #7824 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2015, 02:19 PM
SiaOLiaO
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Household income

Me: Earn 70K pa full time + 20K pa part time Age: 34+
Spouse: 45K pa
Owns 1 car
Flat still have 2/3, about 240K to pay off.
My Credit card debts about 40K.
Just started to save.
No kids.
Studying Part time degree.
Not feeling stressful but don't like be bonded by CC debts.
Hope to clear debts in 2 year's time.
Reply With Quote
  #7825 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2015, 05:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiaOLiaO View Post
Me: Earn 70K pa full time + 20K pa part time Age: 34+
Spouse: 45K pa
Owns 1 car
Flat still have 2/3, about 240K to pay off.
My Credit card debts about 40K.
Just started to save.
No kids.
Studying Part time degree.
Not feeling stressful but don't like be bonded by CC debts.
Hope to clear debts in 2 year's time.
Part time 20K pa. You referring to those events kind of projects eg wedding photography? Can give some details? I am sure interested to know hehehe
Reply With Quote
  #7826 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2015, 06:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hubby, 47, $76k pa.
Wife, 44, $70k pa.
Condo, bought for $560k in 2006, fully paid up. Now worth $1m.
Car, 5 years old, fully paid up.
Expenses, $106k pa.
2 children in secondary schools
Total net worth, including condo, cash and CPF, $1.5m.
How are we doing?
Can we retire at 60?
Reply With Quote

  #7827 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hubby, 47, $76k pa.
Wife, 44, $70k pa.
Condo, bought for $560k in 2006, fully paid up. Now worth $1m.
Car, 5 years old, fully paid up.
Expenses, $106k pa.
2 children in secondary schools
Total net worth, including condo, cash and CPF, $1.5m.
How are we doing?
Can we retire at 60?
Tbh, I think you have done quite well considering 2 facts i.e. You have 2 kids and your HH income is about the 60th- 65th percentile.

Given your HH income, you did not have a huge amount to save annually. Adding to that the kids who are, in singapore context, very expensive.

So to have a 1.5million net worth is really quite good
Reply With Quote
  #7828 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Objectively, you have done well because

1. You own a condo which is fully paid up. You are among the top 15% living in a condo in Spore as 80% live in HDB flats. Assuming only one third of condo owners have fully paid up their condo, hen you are among the top 5% who own and live in a fully paid up condo. There are those who own a condo but rent it out and they live in their HDB flat, these are not considered among the top group.

2. You own a car. This is another big achievement.

You can surely retire by 60 since you would have saved $520k over the next 13 years. This amount is more than you would require between 60 to 65 years old. Then when you reach 65, you will start receiving $1750 pm per person or $3500 pm per couple. If your kids contribute $1000 each in parents' allowance, then you will get $2000 pm as a couple, which means your total passive income as a couple will be $5500 pm. This more than cover your expenses on food, utilities, medical and holidays. So, yes, you can retire at 60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hubby, 47, $76k pa.
Wife, 44, $70k pa.
Condo, bought for $560k in 2006, fully paid up. Now worth $1m.
Car, 5 years old, fully paid up.
Expenses, $106k pa.
2 children in secondary schools
Total net worth, including condo, cash and CPF, $1.5m.
How are we doing?
Can we retire at 60?
Reply With Quote
  #7829 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 330
lazyplane is on a distinguished road
Default

Dude,
A piece of advice if you are serious about saving.
pls work on your credit card debt as your FIRST priority.

If i am in your shoes, i will work to get rid of this debt by 6 months.... not 2 years. The difference in interest payment can amount 8k for your debt.

I wont even bother to have any extra cash beyond next month expenditure for the next 6 months while i am doing this. You need to really focus on aggressive pay down of this CC debt with ZERO spending of credit card (regardless of the points that you think you may earn) until this debt reached zero.

I will also consider selling the car if i have to unless i really need this car to earn income . Consider getting the electric bike as a mode of transport since u mentioned that you have no kids and if you really need a means of transport for your work.

I know you may think what i am saying is drastic change for you. But if you ever want to break out from being broke to saving and investing , you need to do this basic step.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SiaOLiaO View Post
Me: Earn 70K pa full time + 20K pa part time Age: 34+
Spouse: 45K pa
Owns 1 car
Flat still have 2/3, about 240K to pay off.
My Credit card debts about 40K.
Just started to save.
No kids.
Studying Part time degree.
Not feeling stressful but don't like be bonded by CC debts.
Hope to clear debts in 2 year's time.
Reply With Quote
  #7830 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2015, 10:33 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 330
lazyplane is on a distinguished road
Default

Where can i find the statistic that 80% of Singaporeans live in HDB ?
I dont get that impression.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Objectively, you have done well because

1. You own a condo which is fully paid up. You are among the top 15% living in a condo in Spore as 80% live in HDB flats. Assuming only one third of condo owners have fully paid up their condo, hen you are among the top 5% who own and live in a fully paid up condo. There are those who own a condo but rent it out and they live in their HDB flat, these are not considered among the top group.

2. You own a car. This is another big achievement.

You can surely retire by 60 since you would have saved $520k over the next 13 years. This amount is more than you would require between 60 to 65 years old. Then when you reach 65, you will start receiving $1750 pm per person or $3500 pm per couple. If your kids contribute $1000 each in parents' allowance, then you will get $2000 pm as a couple, which means your total passive income as a couple will be $5500 pm. This more than cover your expenses on food, utilities, medical and holidays. So, yes, you can retire at 60.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 05:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,694 Replies, 2,629,766 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,094 Replies, 502,021 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
111 Replies, 15,581 Views
Third Party Contract From...
4 Replies, 221 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,137 Replies, 5,598,690 Views
Should I switch to a higher paying... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 741 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
100 Replies, 20,119 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
328 Replies, 99,834 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,930 Replies, 1,088,711 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
172 Replies, 78,550 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,076 Replies, 1,288,239 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,638 Replies, 785,286 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,681 Replies, 1,613,074 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
115 Replies, 136,847 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,300 Replies, 1,912,758 Views
Can anyone enlighten me on the... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 17,900 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,300 Replies, 910,909 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,201 Replies, 976,027 Views
Anyone being hired during covid... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 2,606 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
72 Replies, 113,029 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
394 Replies, 252,059 Views
Lendlease Graduate Program 2021...
0 Replies, 140 Views
Credit Risk Salary
0 Replies, 109 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,797 Replies, 274,735 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
2 Replies, 1,494 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 4,440 Views
Anyone work for Casino (RWS/MBS) ?... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 8,905 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
690 Replies, 213,126 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 13,601 Views
Tax ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 3,705 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2