How much are you earning per annum? - Page 503 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5021 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Living in a condo, yes even in MM unit, offers:

1. Prestige and social status
2. Security
3. Safety and peace of mind
4. Convenient access to facilities
5. No strangers lurking around
6. No O$P$ paint outside your unit wall

Reply With Quote
  #5022 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hello, you obviously think that family, health and being happy are mutually exclusive to wealth, car, condo and $$$. For the rich, they have all these. Only the borderline financial cases have to make this choice, and the fact that you raise this means you are on the borderline or worse.

The rich have the best of all worlds - good homes, good cars, good food, good health (backed up by good health care), happiness (except they are impatient, expecting to be served promptly all the time). Good family is not a given but statistics showed the financially disadvantaged have more cases of dysfunctional families.

That is the reality.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Everything listed here is related to $$$. Family, health and being happy and contented are more important than any of these materials.


Reply With Quote
  #5023 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, you obviously think that family, health and being happy are mutually exclusive to wealth, car, condo and $$$. For the rich, they have all these. Only the borderline financial cases have to make this choice, and the fact that you raise this means you are on the borderline or worse.

The rich have the best of all worlds - good homes, good cars, good food, good health (backed up by good health care), happiness (except they are impatient, expecting to be served promptly all the time). Good family is not a given but statistics showed the financially disadvantaged have more cases of dysfunctional families.

That is the reality.
Totally agree. When you're wealthy, you worry less. Have more time for more important things in life than to keep chasing $. They can afford to have a healthier lifestyle, afford healthier food etc. If you're poor, you'll be so stress out making ends meet.

Reply With Quote
  #5024 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2014, 09:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Totally agree. When you're wealthy, you worry less. Have more time for more important things in life than to keep chasing $. They can afford to have a healthier lifestyle, afford healthier food etc. If you're poor, you'll be so stress out making ends meet.
Doh! And here I am, always thinking that the wealthy are that way because they keep chasing $ hahahahaha
Reply With Quote
  #5025 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2014, 11:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, you obviously think that family, health and being happy are mutually exclusive to wealth, car, condo and $$$. For the rich, they have all these. Only the borderline financial cases have to make this choice, and the fact that you raise this means you are on the borderline or worse.

The rich have the best of all worlds - good homes, good cars, good food, good health (backed up by good health care), happiness (except they are impatient, expecting to be served promptly all the time). Good family is not a given but statistics showed the financially disadvantaged have more cases of dysfunctional families.

That is the reality.
you are so wrong, my friend
Reply With Quote
  #5026 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2014, 11:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Living in a condo, yes even in MM unit, offers:

1. Prestige and social status
2. Security
3. Safety and peace of mind
4. Convenient access to facilities
5. No strangers lurking around
6. No O$P$ paint outside your unit wall
another goondu
Reply With Quote

  #5027 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2014, 11:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you are so wrong, my friend
Some rich people, not all, are disillusioned by the material world and think everything can be brought, including health, happiness and family harmony. No point to argue, we have seen too many real life examples.
Reply With Quote
  #5028 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2014, 05:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Money, condo, car.
Only when you have experience near death or lost things that truely mattered to you, you'd know whats the most important things in life.
So dont stress about having not enough because everyone does.
Stop comparing wealth and status with others beacuse it only tires you, it only makes you lose focus on the important things.
Theres nothing worng to be wealthy but dont sacrifice other aspects of life to acquire them, dont make the mistake like i did. If i could turn back time i would give up all my money for the pple ive lost because of my blindness.

Wish all good health.
Reply With Quote
  #5029 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2014, 07:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think many people don't really understand that $$$ is not the root of all these problems. It is the greed, pride and stupidity in people that are causing miseries to people around them and themselves. This is especially true for people who are not used to having wealth. When they achieved a little wealth, greed takes hold. They want more and more. With wealth comes pride. They think they are one up on others and start to look down on those worse off than themselves. When they see neighbors having this and that, they also want those things. They are stupid when they don't know how and when to draw the line between having enough and having needless excess.

But they are many many rich people who are wise. They don't work themselves to the bone to achieve their wealth. They let their money work for them. When you are on the right track, your money will grow while you and your loved ones can enjoy the good things in life. The rich have choices and by and large they do more good (charitable acts).

Reading from the many posts here, I can see that quite a number of people are on the right track. They invested early and consistently and are now reaping the rewards of passive incomes that are more than adequate to cover their expenses giving them options to take it easy or work because they want to, not because they need to. On the other, those posters who kept saying money or wealth is causing problems are those who haven't achieve their wealth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Money, condo, car.
Only when you have experience near death or lost things that truely mattered to you, you'd know whats the most important things in life.
So dont stress about having not enough because everyone does.
Stop comparing wealth and status with others beacuse it only tires you, it only makes you lose focus on the important things.
Theres nothing worng to be wealthy but dont sacrifice other aspects of life to acquire them, dont make the mistake like i did. If i could turn back time i would give up all my money for the pple ive lost because of my blindness.

Wish all good health.
Reply With Quote
  #5030 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2014, 07:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

All these discussions on wealth will never end. Don't think too much about wealth because this world is temporary. We will eventually die and return back to our One and Only Creator. We will all be questioned what we did in this world, how we spend wealth, time and youth.

Don't waste your time in this world, seek the truth and be a true believer. Think of death often for death is the destroyer of worldly desires. This world is temporary, we are just travelers and the Hereafter is the only final, lasting destination.

Will it be Jannah or Jahannam?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 05:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,297 Replies, 1,908,639 Views
Feeling helpless, need advice... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 841 Views
Ceca
1 Replies, 100 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,106 Replies, 5,586,614 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,916 Replies, 1,085,592 Views
Anyone being hired during covid... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 1,473 Views
Tax ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 3,489 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,667 Replies, 1,608,147 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
379 Replies, 250,997 Views
Submitting My Resume To ST... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 22,245 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,620 Replies, 2,613,104 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,786 Replies, 272,543 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
395 Replies, 287,902 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
103 Replies, 14,055 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
159 Replies, 76,176 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
688 Replies, 211,909 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,633 Replies, 784,176 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,191 Replies, 971,323 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 13,144 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 4,135 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
91 Replies, 92,799 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,380 Replies, 565,121 Views
Please Share DBS Average Months... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 3,194 Views
Sharing my Passive and Active...
2 Replies, 543 Views
where can i buy nintendo stock?
6 Replies, 3,426 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,967 Views
HR Career advice
3 Replies, 1,453 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 15,568 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,089 Replies, 500,200 Views
Can share your your car...
2 Replies, 249 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2