How much are you earning per annum? - Page 513 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5121 (permalink)  
Old 19-08-2014, 01:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

There's actually very serious ramifications to the oppression, which I'm surprised money-faced people like people here hadn't realised. The big problem with this oppression is that you'll never accrue wealth long term. You'll accrue it short term, but every 2 generations, a reset button is pressed and your descendants lose the equity and start over. Let's use an old enough civilization as an example, eg Europe. Pierre in France owns a house, passes it to his son, who keeps the equity (the equity doesn't fade), his son bought his own house, has a mortgage of his own but inherits Pierre's house, son passes two houses to the grandson (his own and Pierre's) and then the next generation passes three houses, and on and on and on for the next 500 years. This is how the Europeans accrued wealth and got so rich. For people in Asian despotic regimes, Ah Meng passes his mass market 99 year condo to his son, value drop by half by this time. Goes down to nothing and land returns to despot ruling party after his son turns 50. So essentially the wealth and hard earned money Ah Meng built goes down to nothing every 99 years. If you analyze this, you'd learn that it's actually to create a bubble in the economy and for the gov to be the perpetual profiteer. Instead of assets in the hands of the people for them to own and bequeath, the assets ultimately belong to the state. What is this? Oh it's communism.

The gov gets to retain overall rights and resell the land at inflated price after 99 years, but the inflation over the 99 years had nothing to do with the gov, it was the toiling of two generations of Ah Meng's family. Lol.

Second, this ensures there's bubble to keep the economy look like it has value that isn't there. People, to override this, sell their 99 year condos and HDB in a panic after 10 years, to buy a fresh lease, so this keeps the economy buzzing with fake turnover, fake price increases based on face transactions, fair everything. Same as the COE scheme. This country was built on much of what's fake u bet if you had the same system without the fake schemes your real GDP is only half of 200billion.

One Singaporean in order to defend PAP said on Facebook but can ah which buildings last 100 years, you people are crazy, well obviously this frog in the well has never been to Europe where the buildings in downtown are 400 years old!! They renovate the inside which looks as modern as any other building, and keeps the classic historical exterior. That's why people flock to beautiful Europe for vacation. There are castles standing in Europe that are over 400 years old (yes they belong to somebody)!!



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #5122 (permalink)  
Old 19-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I read the comments here and ROFL.

Come on, living in a condo = high social status?

Yes, that used to be the case from 1990s and earlier. In the 90s and earlier, only the rich can afford landed and condos. HDB were the main home for many.

Fast forward to today, with the abundance of suburban shoebox size condos + some resale HDB flats priced at above 500k, you are daft to still deem ALL condos as high status. Only D9/D10 condos are worth the social status. The rest are just mass market condos to entice HDB upgraders.

I have known people with household income of 200k and above staying in 5 room HDB and also people with household income of 120k and below squeezing in shoebox condos.

Would you want to stay in HDB and drive BMW or would you want to stay in condo and take bus/MRT? And no, the reason for not buying a car is not because of convenience but because of budget.

Would you want to stay in HDB and go on 2 weeks holiday or would you want to stay in condo and go MY/Batam/Bintan for a 3D2N holiday?

Would you want to stay in HDB with money in the bank or would you want to stay in a condo with not much money in the bank?

Please open your eyes big and look around. Don't be envious of all people living in mass market condos. Some are really rich, some are just slapping themselves on the face to make themselves look fat.



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #5123 (permalink)  
Old 19-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Talking big

For a 31 year old vp/ad in a investment bank making only 260k, you are talking really big. What you described below in para 1 is a sure fire recipe for revolution in x generations. How many houses do you think there are in Europe that every single person can do what you said, buying a house every generation. There has to be a redistribution of wealth at some point in time, which a 99 year leasehold system does.

And for you to criticize those who use leasehold condos as a status symbol sounds real funny to me compared to yourself using 260k pay as a similar status symbol. You could be working like a dog to get that pay while the really rich ones (like those you described as buying house after house for last few generations are shaking their leg).

And for you to even say people on this forum are ignorant and money faced, well you are obviously reading and contributing to this forum and you are quoting your pay 260k ( Wah so much), a vp/ad is nothing special as well just like leasehold condos. So what does that make you? Non ignorant and non money faced?

If you like your superpower home country so much, go comment on your superpower forum and leave us ignorant frogs in wells alone. Why so much angst?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There's actually very serious ramifications to the oppression, which I'm surprised money-faced people like people here hadn't realised. The big problem with this oppression is that you'll never accrue wealth long term. You'll accrue it short term, but every 2 generations, a reset button is pressed and your descendants lose the equity and start over. Let's use an old enough civilization as an example, eg Europe. Pierre in France owns a house, passes it to his son, who keeps the equity (the equity doesn't fade), his son bought his own house, has a mortgage of his own but inherits Pierre's house, son passes two houses to the grandson (his own and Pierre's) and then the next generation passes three houses, and on and on and on for the next 500 years. This is how the Europeans accrued wealth and got so rich. For people in Asian despotic regimes, Ah Meng passes his mass market 99 year condo to his son, value drop by half by this time. Goes down to nothing and land returns to despot ruling party after his son turns 50. So essentially the wealth and hard earned money Ah Meng built goes down to nothing every 99 years. If you analyze this, you'd learn that it's actually to create a bubble in the economy and for the gov to be the perpetual profiteer. Instead of assets in the hands of the people for them to own and bequeath, the assets ultimately belong to the state. What is this? Oh it's communism.

The gov gets to retain overall rights and resell the land at inflated price after 99 years, but the inflation over the 99 years had nothing to do with the gov, it was the toiling of two generations of Ah Meng's family. Lol.

Second, this ensures there's bubble to keep the economy look like it has value that isn't there. People, to override this, sell their 99 year condos and HDB in a panic after 10 years, to buy a fresh lease, so this keeps the economy buzzing with fake turnover, fake price increases based on face transactions, fair everything. Same as the COE scheme. This country was built on much of what's fake u bet if you had the same system without the fake schemes your real GDP is only half of 200billion.

One Singaporean in order to defend PAP said on Facebook but can ah which buildings last 100 years, you people are crazy, well obviously this frog in the well has never been to Europe where the buildings in downtown are 400 years old!! They renovate the inside which looks as modern as any other building, and keeps the classic historical exterior. That's why people flock to beautiful Europe for vacation. There are castles standing in Europe that are over 400 years old (yes they belong to somebody)!!

Reply With Quote
  #5124 (permalink)  
Old 19-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Well said. But really, you should not have to waste air time on the immature, emotional and irrational loser.

He was ranting like a jilted teenager. I greatly doubt his claim on even making that $260k pa. Like I pointed earlier, sooner or later, his employer is going to find out they are overpaying him, and he will be asked to go. And I think he knows that. That's why he is planning to scoot. No where to hide here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For a 31 year old vp/ad in a investment bank making only 260k, you are talking really big. What you described below in para 1 is a sure fire recipe for revolution in x generations. How many houses do you think there are in Europe that every single person can do what you said, buying a house every generation. There has to be a redistribution of wealth at some point in time, which a 99 year leasehold system does.

And for you to criticize those who use leasehold condos as a status symbol sounds real funny to me compared to yourself using 260k pay as a similar status symbol. You could be working like a dog to get that pay while the really rich ones (like those you described as buying house after house for last few generations are shaking their leg).

And for you to even say people on this forum are ignorant and money faced, well you are obviously reading and contributing to this forum and you are quoting your pay 260k ( Wah so much), a vp/ad is nothing special as well just like leasehold condos. So what does that make you? Non ignorant and non money faced?

If you like your superpower home country so much, go comment on your superpower forum and leave us ignorant frogs in wells alone. Why so much angst?
Reply With Quote
  #5125 (permalink)  
Old 19-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2
Maytaj is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi All

would like to check if i am under paid?
5 yrs exp.
25 yrs old
dip. holder
35k/annual +1month bonus, without commision
bunkering sector


what is the market salary for the following :
1. Bunker Trader
2. Bunker Trainee
[with the above experience & qualification]
Reply With Quote
  #5126 (permalink)  
Old 19-08-2014, 03:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yes if you compared with the guy above saying 260K when you are 31

No, if you comparing with average Singaporean.
You just need to get your degree, build a network and jump ship for salary increment while you are still young. I think I earn 50K when I'm 25 few years back (local degree holder)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytaj View Post
Hi All

would like to check if i am under paid?
5 yrs exp.
25 yrs old
dip. holder
35k/annual +1month bonus, without commision
bunkering sector


what is the market salary for the following :
1. Bunker Trader
2. Bunker Trainee
[with the above experience & qualification]
Reply With Quote

  #5127 (permalink)  
Old 19-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytaj View Post
Hi All

would like to check if i am under paid?
5 yrs exp.
25 yrs old
dip. holder
35k/annual +1month bonus, without commision
bunkering sector


what is the market salary for the following :
1. Bunker Trader
2. Bunker Trainee
[with the above experience & qualification]
There's no underpaid or overpaid IMO.

The company pays according to how much they value you.

If you think this current company did not value you as much as you think they should, apply for another job in a similar role and state your expected salary. If another company offers you your expected salary, it means the company values you more than your current. Otherwise, you know the answer.
Reply With Quote
  #5128 (permalink)  
Old 19-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

My wife and I are your typical Singaporean working couple. We are not scholars nor high flyers, we are just average. However, we were lucky to make the right moves in our property purchases.

We bought our first home, a HDB flat, in 1995 at a very low price. After working for a few years, we managed to sell our flat and upgraded to a condo in 2006 which we bought for $800k. We diligently serviced our mortgage and made lump sum principal payments over the years using our bonuses. Instead of splurging our bonuses on expensive European holidays or buying new cars, we used them to pay our condo mortgage. Today, we have paid off our mortgage and totally debt free. Our condo has also appreciated and now worth $1.8m.
We continue to drive our old small car.

We hope to retire in 15 years time when we reach 60.
Reply With Quote
  #5129 (permalink)  
Old 19-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Now, I think this is the real deal.

Good for you and your family, well done and you had prepared yourselves a comfortable life ahead due to prudence.

Great job! Mind asking which industry do you 2 belong to? I am sure many forum readers are interested to know? Good to share your success stories with many serious and keen learners here


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My wife and I are your typical Singaporean working couple. We are not scholars nor high flyers, we are just average. However, we were lucky to make the right moves in our property purchases.

We bought our first home, a HDB flat, in 1995 at a very low price. After working for a few years, we managed to sell our flat and upgraded to a condo in 2006 which we bought for $800k. We diligently serviced our mortgage and made lump sum principal payments over the years using our bonuses. Instead of splurging our bonuses on expensive European holidays or buying new cars, we used them to pay our condo mortgage. Today, we have paid off our mortgage and totally debt free. Our condo has also appreciated and now worth $1.8m.
We continue to drive our old small car.

We hope to retire in 15 years time when we reach 60.
Reply With Quote
  #5130 (permalink)  
Old 19-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Simply by the things you say, some bs about neighbors being miles away, I know pretty much where you've been. Or rather, have NEVER been. Brainwashed, third-world, ghetto microstate frog in the well with no concept of personal space and privacy - long a luxury of the first world. How are you different from the Banglas packed in the trains and hanging off the rails in India? The answer is you aren't.
Try and take one of these trains. It might teach you a thing or two about humanity and being humble.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 05:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,041 Replies, 2,202,512 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
671 Replies, 327,674 Views
Big 4 firm rescind offers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
64 Replies, 17,887 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,724 Replies, 1,020,184 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,189 Replies, 5,304,741 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
433 Replies, 73,630 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,857 Replies, 873,414 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,446 Replies, 1,494,010 Views
Anybody starting/started new job... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 1,700 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 1,929 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,006 Replies, 1,807,357 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,585 Replies, 1,233,633 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 10,507 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 12,783 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
855 Replies, 430,825 Views
Career advice
3 Replies, 1,014 Views
career dilemma in 30s ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 2,717 Views
What course should I undertake?
9 Replies, 3,254 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 166,021 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector) ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,283 Views
Please advise on my career path... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 12,266 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,082 Replies, 847,515 Views
What are your Job benefits ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 7,382 Views
Casino Regulatory Authority
1 Replies, 4,431 Views
Relocating to Singapore, is... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 29,548 Views
Summer Internships 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 2,305 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
879 Replies, 719,674 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
123 Replies, 96,395 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 121,979 Views
Chevron COBRA assesment, please... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 49,012 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2