How much are you earning per annum? - Page 403 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4021 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

28 YO , 4.2k / mth , 6 mth bonus. 2nd lower hons engineering grad.

No car, no house, staying with parents. around 60k in stocks and 40k cash savings.

wow being an engineer really sucks compared to financial sector folks here...

Reply With Quote
  #4022 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2014, 02:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Many lies and hypocrites here.

This is realistic:

Husband, 50, driving taxi. Wife, 45, clerk. Annual income $60k pa. Live happily in a 4 room HDB flat, bought cheap from HDB directly, loan paid up.

Retirement plan - Retire at 70, sell flat and buy a studio flat for the elderly.

Be happy. Noone owes you a living.

Reply With Quote
  #4023 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2014, 02:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Many lies and hypocrites here.

This is realistic:

Husband, 50, driving taxi. Wife, 45, clerk. Annual income $60k pa. Live happily in a 4 room HDB flat, bought cheap from HDB directly, loan paid up.

Retirement plan - Retire at 70, sell flat and buy a studio flat for the elderly.

Be happy. Noone owes you a living.
Some of the info posted here are believable. Do you know that the salaries of our President, Prime Minister and ministers are benchmarked against the highest earning professionals in Singapore? After benchmarking, and after giving a "discount", our PM still makes $2m. So why is it unbelievable when someone claims he makes half a million in an industry that is widely known to be an excellent paymaster?

Reply With Quote
  #4024 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We are a mid forties graduate couple and our combined income is $160k pa. We live in a condo worth $1m and our CPF and cash savings in total is $300k. We have paid up our mortgage and car loans.

I am sure there are many here who are doing much better than us. However we are contented as we no longer have any debt. We can sleep in peace. As a family we strive to keep our expenses as low as possible. For instance, we don't use the car if not necessary.

We feel blessed that we can still afford to own and live in a condo unit whereas we know there are a million households in Singapore who are still living in public housing as 80% of Singaporeans live in HDB flats. We are among the lucky few who can afford a condo.

We are indeed happy.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #4025 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2014, 04:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default landing arcruri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
28 YO , 4.2k / mth , 6 mth bonus. 2nd lower hons engineering grad.

No car, no house, staying with parents. around 60k in stocks and 40k cash savings.

wow being an engineer really sucks compared to financial sector folks here...
I was just like you 5 yrs ago. But my pay then was even lower!

After getting married and pooling resources together with my spouse, we are now living in a condo. And with regular increments every year and not buying a car, we managed an investment property as well. So, you are doing fine for your age... steady saving and wise investments make a huge difference over time.
Reply With Quote
  #4026 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We are a mid forties graduate couple and our combined income is $160k pa. We live in a condo worth $1m and our CPF and cash savings in total is $300k. We have paid up our mortgage and car loans.

I am sure there are many here who are doing much better than us. However we are contented as we no longer have any debt. We can sleep in peace. As a family we strive to keep our expenses as low as possible. For instance, we don't use the car if not necessary.

We feel blessed that we can still afford to own and live in a condo unit whereas we know there are a million households in Singapore who are still living in public housing as 80% of Singaporeans live in HDB flats. We are among the lucky few who can afford a condo.

We are indeed happy.
We are also in our mid forties, combined income is S$350 k. Live in a heartland condo worth $1.4 million fully paid. combined CPF and cash close to $1.0 million ready to plonk when next property dip comes through. Life is great under the PAP leadership. We will continue to vote for them.
Reply With Quote

  #4027 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We are also in our mid forties, combined income is S$350 k. Live in a heartland condo worth $1.4 million fully paid. combined CPF and cash close to $1.0 million ready to plonk when next property dip comes through. Life is great under the PAP leadership. We will continue to vote for them.
With such a high combined income, why don't you upgrade to a bungalow?
Reply With Quote
  #4028 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
With such a high combined income, why don't you upgrade to a bungalow?
Well that's our goal to buy a landed property in the next property market dip....
Reply With Quote
  #4029 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well that's our goal to buy a landed property in the next property market dip....
Are you planning to buy a GCB? Where?
Reply With Quote
  #4030 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you planning to buy a GCB? Where?
No GCB.... That's for the extreme rich... We are just above average....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 25 23-04-2021 10:40 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,273 Replies, 4,787,858 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,937 Replies, 1,796,322 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,850 Replies, 1,448,056 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
244 Replies, 104,800 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,176 Replies, 2,579,000 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
517 Replies, 292,907 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,130 Replies, 1,712,192 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,100 Replies, 545,631 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
134 Replies, 40,183 Views
Jobless for a long long time ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
102 Replies, 4,091 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,118 Replies, 1,363,519 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,874 Replies, 624,498 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,712 Replies, 7,456,780 Views
architecture graduate - go hdb or...
3 Replies, 1,357 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 19,752 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,029 Replies, 260,340 Views
Grab Finance Graduate Programme... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,583 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
799 Replies, 216,286 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,772 Replies, 4,403,392 Views
MOM(ACE) offers good career... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 11,851 Views
Need advice - local bank or bulge... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 774 Views
Career Switch To Be A Teacher ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 2,424 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
569 Replies, 455,212 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,031 Replies, 752,016 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
156 Replies, 65,519 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 2,454 Views
IT Career (PMO or developer) ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 421 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,066 Replies, 2,561,630 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2