Best-Paying Jobs in Singapore (2008) - Page 26 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Best-Paying Jobs in Singapore (2008)

Old 11-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Pinabonds--

Default 4310

No sweating here insider. No need to take my word for it that MAS comes under PMO, just check out the official link. Happily enough, you'll also be able to verify whether "all ministries report to PMO" as you so ignorantly claim: http://www.pmo.gov.sg/AboutPMOffice/

It's a pity you aren't an AO or civil servant - your willingness to provide strident "analysis" on the relative importance of scholars in statutory boards and ministries without actually being there is a characteristic that will put you in good stead should you decide to join. AOs and civil servants LOVE to do this.

And I'm not even going to start explaining about MOF and its utter lack of a formal relationship with MAS.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:18 PM
chickenriceseller--

Default 4311

Yup I am doing very well selling chicken rice in a hawker centre.
One plate $2.50 and I make about 50% profit margin. I can sell up to 100 packets/plates a day so I earn $125 a day which is a lot considering that I only have O level.
However, less people buying chicken rice from me so u scholars must attract more foreign talents to buy chicken rice for me as foreign talents save jobs and dont compete with me for a living.
Few degree holders will want to sell chicken rice and my son who has a degree from nut is asking me to sell chicken rice set which is $5.50 with extra egg and vegetables and choice of either chicken drumstick or chicken wing.
Let us all hand in hand so that chicken rice sellers like me can prosper in S'pore. Maybe one day I can IOP too and become tow kar!

Old 11-03-2009, 05:28 PM
simple--

Default 4313

i find it amusing if spelling mistakes means someone is not very smart.

anyway, good information on AO and civil servants etc. i accept that if one is smarter and work harder, he makes more. 300k by 32 is very impressive.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:16 PM
insider--

Default 4314

It's highly amusing that people like insider2 miscomprehended due to whatever understanding deficiency he may have, factual information I provided about the ranks and tiers of PSC scholarships, and the set up of the ministries and stat boards and what work is done at which level- purely factual and extremely common knowledge among literate Singaporeans- and managed to misconstrue that as "One can only succeed if one manages to bag either a SAF/SPFOS or OMS".

Which is strange. Nowhere in my posts did i say that. I said that there are ranks to the top PSC scholarships, I listed the ranks, and stat board scholarships are for PSC rejects. Facts.

All of us know that in Singapore, there are various ways to success. Examples like David Gan, Bee Cheng Hiang and Boon Tong Kee abound not only in the media, but before our very eyes. I never once said that insider2 can't find his success by selling chicken rice. Sure, if his chicken rice is as good as BTK's, he'll also make it big. Factual information about scholarship tiers and organisation set-up cannot be disproved; its in fact surprising such intuitive knowledge is not known by those who claims to be savvy or well-read.

if one isn't insecure and unsure of oneself, one wouldn't have leapt into a barrage of self-consoling and affirmative speech. You don't even need to go to the private sector as a professional, like what he so desperately promulgated in his response to me.

Any kind of skill or offering that you have that makes you the top among what you offer like David Gan or Boon Tong Kee is sufficient. So no need to keep reassuring yourself when you react to facts from me.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:26 PM
insider--

Default 4315

Pinabonds, all ministries come under the PSD. It's the PSD who despatches the various AOs to whichever ministry it deems.

Please note that PSD is under PMO. All ministries are under PSD.

PMO provides administrative support to MAS. MAS is the central bank. Does MAS have fiscal policy jurisdiction? Or is it MOF that formulates our fiscal policy and the Budget? You only need to answer your own questions.

Insider2, please stop reassuring yourself by your repeated barrage of replies to me. I didn't even bother reading your latest post in detail, because I glanced enough of it and saw your repeated self assurance that was irrelevant to what I said about 1) the ranks of all government scholarships 2) the ranks of PSC scholarships 3) the organisation set up.

You didn't address anything I said. I never said that unless a Singaporean is clever enough up to a certain standard, he is a failure. Please stop mirroring your insecurities onto me. I am an innocent bystander.

I'm sure you'll do very well in your stat board even though you're a farmer. So please, stop reassuring yourself by harassing me.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:33 PM
insider--

Default 4316

insider2, my friend just emailed me saying that you're the one who's obviously a OS and OMS reject. I didn't know what you said earlier because i didn't bother to read your post but now i have. Funny that you'll think i'm in a stat board, nope, i'm in the private sector. However, our analysis of you is you're a farmer in a stat board which you think is 'strong', as opposed to your insult to me that i'm in a 'weak' stat board and you're taking umbrage with cold hard facts I presented leading to you going way off-tangent and going on and on about success in general. totally out of point.

*giggles* i won't ever join a stat board if i apply to public sector.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Old 11-03-2009, 10:49 PM
insider2--

Default 4317

Pinabonds, you and I know who the real insider is. :-)

insider, the reason why you are in the pte sector and why you keep harping on how prestigious SAFOS/SPFOS/OMS is, is probably because you were a scholarship-reject. Period. If that is not true, tell us plainly on this forum that. If not, silence means consent.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Insideabarrel--

Default 4318

Insider. So many facts wrong. Logic also wrong. Do you work as a private banker or something? 1) ministries do not report to PSD you moron. PSD is in charge of civil servant deployment in a hr and training capacity across all ministries, but thts not the same thing as saying that ministries are 'accountable' to PSD. What a laughable idea!

2) You're absolutely right. MAS does not set fiscal policy. Neither does DBS. Nor GIC. You know why? By definition, only MOF can set fiscal policy - as rightly should be the case. This in no way explains your assertion that MOF is superior to MAS or any other organization for that matter. By that logic MEWR is better than Mindef bec they control water resources and god knows we all need water. MAS sets monetary policy. Mof doesnt. Does that mean MOF is inferior? Of course not. But at least say something abt the relative importance of either fiscal or monetary policy to express your view.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Goodie--

Default 4319

Oh geez. Ronaldo can you please come back? I find your "15k 28yrs" mantra more interesting than this whole new "amusing statboard discussions" that are going on among sooooo many insiders.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:31 AM
outsider--

Default 4320

insider, do u need to argue/defend/rebutt with so much details? we are all in this forum for information/details/discussion that are difficult to find elsewhere so pls spare us from your invaluable "insider" justifications/reasonings etc etc blah blah blah + we are not interested in what your friend says or claims even if you and your friend might be correct. lastly, your "giggles" makes you sound like a girl or sissy