Anyone jobless for a long time before? - Page 336 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Anyone jobless for a long time before?

Old 24-06-2023, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

raged quit 8 months ago now very regretful.

have a mother with dementia that needs to take care of.

Thinking should I go geylang and sell now that covid is over.

what u guys think?

Old 24-06-2023, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

what u guys think?
If u are at least a 7, go do OF la.

Old 26-06-2023, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Been around this planet long enough to know karma is the last resort of the weak. Life is not a TV show. Bad ppl don't get punished in real life, they get paid insanely well. In fact, to survive and thrive in the corporate setting, people with psychopathic tendencies tend to climb to the top. If you see someone you don't like fall down, it is not "karma". It is just a coincidence. Why do you think ppl laughed at the fool who quit out of pride? Because, he actually thinks that he can climb back on the ladder easily. To get on the same position on the ladder in another company, you are blocking someone else. It is a bloody cutthroat world.

What are the learning points of this cautionary tale?
- Don't quit without securing another job.
- Endure if your financial position is not healthy yet.
- If you are out of the industry for 4 years, it is very difficult to climb back up the same ladder. SG is very small, work long enough, most ppl know or seen each other. If your peers are laughing at you, look for another ladder, you are done in the industry.
- If you are in your 40s and 50s, think very carefully before quiting. Especially if you are paid 5 digits. Not easy to find another company willing to pay that unless you can make money rain. Let alone, this guy was underperforming in his current company. Word gets out. SG is very small. My nickname from 1 company followed me into multiple companies for 7 years.
- All your finances should be in order before you hit 50.
- Prepare for ppl to laugh at your self-inflicted misfortune.
Ur nickname - talk rubbish? Haha

Old 26-06-2023, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Default Real life scenario

Dont be afraid to quit and go to war. Ignore anyone who tells you otherwise. You will be letting your parents who raised you down by being easily bullied.

If u dont like someone in office or that particular person offended you, Dont be afraid to escalate to your superior and HR of course. Even if u think nothing happens, i'm sure the reputation and corporate image of that person is ruined. Make sure that you have value in the company so that your departure will cause an impact, this will further ruin the reputation of your enemy. Go on glassdoor and post a negative review on work place harrassment, this will further impact the hiring of the company which the HR will pay the price when they can't find new staff.

I did it once. AND IT FELT GOOD! my enemy from so aggressive became a mouse almost instantly once she knew my true potential in escalation email. Moreover, I went around office to spread what happened and people secretly judged her. Once you image is ruined, its a hard to recover. She had to put in extra effect to clear that negative image by being exceptionally nice to others while HR was watching. Of course I had value in the company so many people asked me to retract, however to further damage the reputation of my enemy I DIDNT.

Do it, only if u are still young and have the work experience to jump or quit if things get out of hand. We all work until we die, how can you retire in SG? So in the grand scheme of things, being jobless for 1 or 2 years is nothing.
Old 27-06-2023, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Dont be afraid to quit and go to war. Ignore anyone who tells you otherwise. You will be letting your parents who raised you down by being easily bullied.

If u dont like someone in office or that particular person offended you, Dont be afraid to escalate to your superior and HR of course. Even if u think nothing happens, i'm sure the reputation and corporate image of that person is ruined. Make sure that you have value in the company so that your departure will cause an impact, this will further ruin the reputation of your enemy. Go on glassdoor and post a negative review on work place harrassment, this will further impact the hiring of the company which the HR will pay the price when they can't find new staff.

I did it once. AND IT FELT GOOD! my enemy from so aggressive became a mouse almost instantly once she knew my true potential in escalation email. Moreover, I went around office to spread what happened and people secretly judged her. Once you image is ruined, its a hard to recover. She had to put in extra effect to clear that negative image by being exceptionally nice to others while HR was watching. Of course I had value in the company so many people asked me to retract, however to further damage the reputation of my enemy I DIDNT.

Do it, only if u are still young and have the work experience to jump or quit if things get out of hand. We all work until we die, how can you retire in SG? So in the grand scheme of things, being jobless for 1 or 2 years is nothing.
I can foresee when you are in your 50s and gotten retrenched, you will do the same thing again and become an annoying evil lao ah pek.
Old 28-06-2023, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

It really sounds like you're the cunt in this story

Old 28-06-2023, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

what u guys think?
Things will get better, dont worry
Old 28-06-2023, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

My 2 cents and observations:
- Disagree with the "we all work until we die". Our effective runway is till 50. After that, we are extremely expendable. One wrong move and that is it. Assuming you start to work in your 20s, you have less than 30 years to be financially secure. If you really believe the gov's msg that you can work till 67, you really don't know the market very well.
- You are worth more than the toxicity you bring to the office. That is your saving grace. Managers will rather fire toxic workers than deal with their nonsense. The trouble and damage they bring to the team morale is just not worth it.
- Your enemy endure your toxicity and did not rage quit. Kudos to your enemy.
- I wouldn't be surprised that HR is monitoring you and not your enemy. You mentioned many people ask you to withdraw. That means many people in the company culture sided with your enemy, not you. You are the difficult one. Naturally, HR will be monitoring you.
Old 28-06-2023, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I am in my late 40s, just tested water to see my market value. Sent out several resume to diff companies. No replies. Luckily I still got my current job. No joke. Imagine I rage quit. What will happen.
You are the smart one. Rage quit is for immature newbies. Not having a job for 1 year with a family in tow is no joke. Seen and heard too many such cases during the covid years. SG seems to be heading toward a technical recession. Rage quit now is just nuts.
Old 28-06-2023, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
My 2 cents and observations:
- Disagree with the "we all work until we die". Our effective runway is till 50. After that, we are extremely expendable. One wrong move and that is it. Assuming you start to work in your 20s, you have less than 30 years to be financially secure. If you really believe the gov's msg that you can work till 67, you really don't know the market very well.
- You are worth more than the toxicity you bring to the office. That is your saving grace. Managers will rather fire toxic workers than deal with their nonsense. The trouble and damage they bring to the team morale is just not worth it.
- Your enemy endure your toxicity and did not rage quit. Kudos to your enemy.
- I wouldn't be surprised that HR is monitoring you and not your enemy. You mentioned many people ask you to withdraw. That means many people in the company culture sided with your enemy, not you. You are the difficult one. Naturally, HR will be monitoring you.
Learn to read, not sure what u going on about, but clearly your comprehension skills is lacking