Anyone jobless for a long time before? - Page 301 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Anyone jobless for a long time before?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3001 (permalink)  
Old 25-10-2020, 04:46 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 173
sinkingfeeling is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I posted this about 2 months back and I just wanted to update that I found an even better job that pays 20% more than my current one. Point I am trying to make is to take anything that comes along your way, even if you feel that it is not what you want. Just the fact that you restart working can completely change the tide in your favor.

Also, it's very helpful to do online courses (even if you have to pay for them, the investment will eventually pay off).
Every day can only afford to eat plain bread for breakfast, where got money to go for online courses?

Reply With Quote
  #3002 (permalink)  
Old 25-10-2020, 01:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling View Post
Every day can only afford to eat plain bread for breakfast, where got money to go for online courses?
There is something called the public library. Are you aware?

Reply With Quote
  #3003 (permalink)  
Old 25-10-2020, 03:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

also coursera or simple google free online course {your interested subject}
the key isnt to get a proper certificate, but sufficient knowledge to build ur foundations, to secure interviews and give your potential managers hope that you can easily further yourself on the job

Reply With Quote
  #3004 (permalink)  
Old 27-10-2020, 08:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Job hunting in the pandemic.

Some pretty good advice on job hunting now.

s://.linkedin.com/posts/hoshaun_pandemicresponse-graduation-employment-activity-6726320357554450432-2u10
Reply With Quote
  #3005 (permalink)  
Old 27-10-2020, 08:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Job hunting in the pandemic.

Some pretty good advice on job hunting now.

.linkedin.com/posts/hoshaun_pandemicresponse-graduation-employment-activity-6726320357554450432-2u10
Reply With Quote
  #3006 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2020, 01:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling View Post
Every day can only afford to eat plain bread for breakfast, where got money to go for online courses?
You got poor until like that or you are just whining ?

If you brain to surf thi forum, you will have brain to help yourself.

Stop trolling.
Reply With Quote

  #3007 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2020, 01:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is something called the public library. Are you aware?
He is just trolling. As usual, a whiner who expect others to spoonfeed.
Reply With Quote
  #3008 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2020, 11:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question

Anyone has any idea what time salary gets paid for contract? New to job.
Reply With Quote
  #3009 (permalink)  
Old 15-11-2020, 05:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Men returning back to the workforce

I am a male in my 40s, single and have been unemployed for almost a year. Left my previous job as an executive because of low self-esteem, anxiety and depression. The job market this year has obviously been horrible and my issues above became worse with application after application rejected.

Recently I finally managed to get a job and I am starting next week. It needs a lot of people interaction which is also something which made me leave my previous job. I tend to think too much about what colleagues, bosses and others think of me and my work performance. But I don't think I have any options here, its take this job or remain unemployed.

Another challenge I face is that I am basically by myself. I am not close with my family and don't have a social circle. Call me a loser, a weirdo, a hikikomori. But all these years I have put up a false front at work and in public. Its a miracle I am still alive today.

I fear going back to work because the workload will be high, I will need to put up a show that I am 'normal' to my future colleagues and worse of all I will need to interact with them and answer questions about my personal life, unemployment and all that.

If there were a hole in front of me now, I would jump in and never be seen by the world again.

When women return to the workforce after child-rearing, being a home-maker, they may face the same issues. But everyone is more understanding and there is official and unofficial support. I may be a unique example, but my issues are also real, I have nobody to turn to and as a man, society expects me to manage them by myself.

Not asking for sympathy but wonder if any other guys out there are in the same boat as me and what did you do to overcome this?
Reply With Quote
  #3010 (permalink)  
Old 15-11-2020, 08:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a male in my 40s, single and have been unemployed for almost a year. Left my previous job as an executive because of low self-esteem, anxiety and depression. The job market this year has obviously been horrible and my issues above became worse with application after application rejected.

Recently I finally managed to get a job and I am starting next week. It needs a lot of people interaction which is also something which made me leave my previous job. I tend to think too much about what colleagues, bosses and others think of me and my work performance. But I don't think I have any options here, its take this job or remain unemployed.

Another challenge I face is that I am basically by myself. I am not close with my family and don't have a social circle. Call me a loser, a weirdo, a hikikomori. But all these years I have put up a false front at work and in public. Its a miracle I am still alive today.

I fear going back to work because the workload will be high, I will need to put up a show that I am 'normal' to my future colleagues and worse of all I will need to interact with them and answer questions about my personal life, unemployment and all that.

If there were a hole in front of me now, I would jump in and never be seen by the world again.

When women return to the workforce after child-rearing, being a home-maker, they may face the same issues. But everyone is more understanding and there is official and unofficial support. I may be a unique example, but my issues are also real, I have nobody to turn to and as a man, society expects me to manage them by myself.

Not asking for sympathy but wonder if any other guys out there are in the same boat as me and what did you do to overcome this?
I think should seek therapy. In fact I would highly encourage it. I have had friends who have gone for it and they say it actually works and I think it will definitely help you too.

I know it can be hard to actually go for it but please give it a shot. Mental health is very important and itís good that you are already willing to share what you feel. Please seek help. I hope youíll be okay
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh Graduates Jobless Salary.sg Income and Jobs 48 01-07-2020 03:43 PM
Jobless Graduates Should Consider SAF Salary.sg Income and Jobs 60 14-06-2012 08:59 PM
How long should i work here? dryden28 Income and Jobs 6 31-08-2010 04:27 PM
65,400 Jobless in September, will be Significantly More Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 16-01-2009 05:38 PM
Bank executives work long hours Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 25-05-2008 03:02 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
154 Replies, 16,290 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
122 Replies, 30,853 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,951 Replies, 1,809,379 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,041 Replies, 280,349 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
356 Replies, 124,357 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,799 Replies, 1,178,231 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,893 Replies, 6,023,067 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 3,736 Views
anyone work as trainer with...
3 Replies, 2,036 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,514 Replies, 1,002,179 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,786 Replies, 533,575 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,045 Replies, 832,754 Views
I need advice
4 Replies, 741 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,454 Replies, 2,048,256 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
492 Replies, 108,302 Views
Business / System Analyst
1 Replies, 1,020 Views
Feeling helpless, need advice... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 6,580 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
234 Replies, 145,283 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,724 Replies, 3,171,053 Views
HSBC Graduate Programme 2021 ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 2,494 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
251 Replies, 230,538 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
122 Replies, 47,322 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,087 Replies, 3,882,211 Views
How much do you need to retire... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 2,557 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
134 Replies, 168,335 Views
Banker or Financial Advisor Career...
9 Replies, 1,194 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
157 Replies, 40,563 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
145 Replies, 54,151 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2