Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

SIM-RMIT fresh grad starting pay

Old 15-06-2015, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no need. ultimate litmus test - ask the sim part time lecturers to send their kids to sim. see if they want to.
conveniently brushing aside the challenge to post your own progression or annual package in both SIM threads?? will it hurt you to post here, under the cover of anonymity, unless you are a jobless loser hiding behind the computer?

in answer to your question, me (an SIM grad myself) wouldn't even want my own kids to go to SIM if they could go to local unis. which one of us would have gone to SIM if we could go to local uni? don't be a nut job. we were dealt this card in our life, whether through our own fault for not studying hard or being bright enough and we are dealing with it.

i highly suggest you man up to the challenge or just shut the f up. you are almost as bad as that lunatic in the other thread talking about COEs and retirement plans - a resounding gong.

Old 15-06-2015, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
To all the SIM bashers, since you are from local unis (presumably), put your progression or annual packages here for comparison before you continue the bashing. It maybe that you are wallowing in some SME after 10 years and just disgruntled with how others have turned out.

Empty vessels make the most noise.
Hahaha, we don't need to prove ourselves. The fact is, we CHOSE to go to NUS (and not SIM), and we got in!

Most people of sound mind will CHOOSE to go to NUS (and not SIM) if they had a CHOICE.

Most SIM grads themselves wished they were able to get into NUS (and not SIM) if they even had a CHOICE.

Of course, there will be those who maintain and insist that they CHOSE SIM. Well to these people, perhaps they really belong there. Hahahahahaha.

Old 15-06-2015, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
well, Oxbridge and ivies are gunning for treasury sales job. sim.. even if one does a blatant lie and list LSE (SIM) on their cv..

treasury sales sells treasury related prdts to the treasury department of MNCs. its mostly to manage the fx risks of the finance dept in a MNC, like IRS, fx forwards/swaps/spot
okok, im the guy tt originally posted the qn...seems like we're going back and forth about the "im better than you" argument lol

hmms, i wonder if there's any more opinions or views on how to progress into it from anyone else?

Old 16-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
okok, im the guy tt originally posted the qn...seems like we're going back and forth about the "im better than you" argument lol

hmms, i wonder if there's any more opinions or views on how to progress into it from anyone else?
Well then. Besides industry that works like a machinery (hence the need for people for churning processes), do we see grads from SIM entering lets say Oil and Gas? Management Consulting? Pharma?
Old 16-06-2015, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
conveniently brushing aside the challenge to post your own progression or annual package in both SIM threads?? will it hurt you to post here, under the cover of anonymity, unless you are a jobless loser hiding behind the computer?

in answer to your question, me (an SIM grad myself) wouldn't even want my own kids to go to SIM if they could go to local unis. which one of us would have gone to SIM if we could go to local uni? don't be a nut job. we were dealt this card in our life, whether through our own fault for not studying hard or being bright enough and we are dealing with it.

i highly suggest you man up to the challenge or just shut the f up. you are almost as bad as that lunatic in the other thread talking about COEs and retirement plans - a resounding gong.
why do you need to see what I've achieved? sure.

I joined a BB on the sales n trading grad prog - started on an annual 96k.

6 months later I got a bump to 126k, been on an roughly ~5-8% yearly increment since.

got my avp 2yrs after hiring, + 20% and was headhunted to join another firm within the same year. +20%.

im now on a 200k per annum package. received a 6m bonus in march for last financial year.

happy? that's the problem with sim students, you just think that because you paid for a degree, there is some pride in it, and ive seen worse where sim try to pose themselves off as LSE/UOL/RMIT, and spouting some im street smart cra.

I have no issues with sim people - I have several good pals. difference is they readily acknowledge they are from sim when asked, not UOL/LSE. neither do they post on fb or join the LSE/UOL sg community group, or ask if I have heard of prof xxx from LSE who did their lectures.
Old 16-06-2015, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Well then. Besides industry that works like a machinery (hence the need for people for churning processes), do we see grads from SIM entering lets say Oil and Gas? Management Consulting? Pharma?
Your view seems to be skewed, but oh well

Old 16-06-2015, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
im from sim now in mgt consulting, basic 12k now.
Old 16-06-2015, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Being in SIM doesn't mean you can't make it AFTER that, but you couldn't make it BEFORE and that's why you are in SIM and not a local uni. There will always be outliers. Some who get into a local uni can still end up in low pay jobs and struggling to survive. It's about the probability and there's a higher probability that you will be successful if you attend a local uni. The reality of the job market is that private unis are viewed below local unis.
Old 16-06-2015, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
im from sim now in mgt consulting, basic 12k now.
yea, and my dad's david beckham.
Old 16-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Haha... Pure fantasy
Still got time to send nosensical posts in morning 930am if you are sales&trading? Arent your eyes on bloomberg terminal, watching US fed, bunds, grexit news, or EM rate cut expectations this morning?
Like to talk big only, just pure lies and fantasy!! Hahaha

Quote:
why do you need to see what I've achieved? sure.

I joined a BB on the sales n trading grad prog - started on an annual 96k.

6 months later I got a bump to 126k, been on an roughly ~5-8% yearly increment since.

got my avp 2yrs after hiring, + 20% and was headhunted to join another firm within the same year. +20%.

im now on a 200k per annum package. received a 6m bonus in march for last financial year.

happy? that's the problem with sim students, you just think that because you paid for a degree, there is some pride in it, and ive seen worse where sim try to pose themselves off as LSE/UOL/RMIT, and spouting some im street smart cra.

I have no issues with sim people - I have several good pals. difference is they readily acknowledge they are from sim when asked, not UOL/LSE. neither do they post on fb or join the LSE/UOL sg community group, or ask if I have heard of prof xxx from LSE who did their lectures.