Career as Teacher - Page 546 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5451 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2022, 09:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Teachers no salary increment?

Reply With Quote
  #5452 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2022, 09:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Teachers no salary increment?
Wasn't there an email today on this topic?

Reply With Quote
  #5453 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2022, 09:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wasn't there an email today on this topic?
That they have already decided on the range for the other civil servants but not teachers?

Reply With Quote
  #5454 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2022, 09:29 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That they have already decided on the range for the other civil servants but not teachers?
Think that pretty much summarises it. So… it's coming, but later (and details TBC)? 😢


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #5455 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2022, 09:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Think that pretty much summarises it. So… it's coming, but later (and details TBC)? 😢
And maybe one month later, after a thorough review, it has been decided that teachers are paid competitively and no adjustment is required
Reply With Quote
  #5456 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2022, 11:43 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
And maybe one month later, after a thorough review, it has been decided that teachers are paid competitively and no adjustment is required
If I recall correctly, this happened once before?

And ironically since 2020, MI and PI has been cut by ~30%.. while tanking all the extra new work from all the new policies rolled out due to COVID with limited manpower...

While the public continues to think that teacher working hours are extremely short and our salaries are extremely high...

While many teachers are still working during the June hols at home...Doing things like setting *cough* tests and exams for Terms 3/4 *cough...

While even some SLs think "oh if there's a teacher in the family it's impossible for the child to qualify for FAS"

*Oh but teachers need to be extremely grateful that our situation isn't like the US! Take it or leave it!*

Perhaps educators just aren't valued as much anymore...?
Reply With Quote

  #5457 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2022, 12:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If I recall correctly, this happened once before?

And ironically since 2020, MI and PI has been cut by ~30%.. while tanking all the extra new work from all the new policies rolled out due to COVID with limited manpower...

While the public continues to think that teacher working hours are extremely short and our salaries are extremely high...

While many teachers are still working during the June hols at home...Doing things like setting *cough* tests and exams for Terms 3/4 *cough...

While even some SLs think "oh if there's a teacher in the family it's impossible for the child to qualify for FAS"

*Oh but teachers need to be extremely grateful that our situation isn't like the US! Take it or leave it!*

Perhaps educators just aren't valued as much anymore...?
Perhaps, but they are many lao jiaos who will never leave the teaching service and is contented with such pay package. Besides, those in service will know there's an oversupply of math and science teachers. I think MOE is more than happy for unhappy folks to find greener pasture elsewhere.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #5458 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2022, 01:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dun wanna be lanjiao anymore n plan to quit. Any1 know roughly how much relief n adjunct teacher earning?
Reply With Quote
  #5459 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2022, 03:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If I recall correctly, this happened once before?

And ironically since 2020, MI and PI has been cut by ~30%.. while tanking all the extra new work from all the new policies rolled out due to COVID with limited manpower...

While the public continues to think that teacher working hours are extremely short and our salaries are extremely high...

While many teachers are still working during the June hols at home...Doing things like setting *cough* tests and exams for Terms 3/4 *cough...

While even some SLs think "oh if there's a teacher in the family it's impossible for the child to qualify for FAS"

*Oh but teachers need to be extremely grateful that our situation isn't like the US! Take it or leave it!*

Perhaps educators just aren't valued as much anymore...?
First people here were dooming and glooming believing that there wouldn't be any salary revisions at all. Then info apparently came out regarding a civil service revision. Now people are speculating that teachers will be excluded from this revision and creating imaginary scenarios in their heads.

What's with the toxic mentality and why can't you all just wait and see what comes out?

What made you all so toxic in your mentality?
Reply With Quote
  #5460 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2022, 03:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
First people here were dooming and glooming believing that there wouldn't be any salary revisions at all. Then info apparently came out regarding a civil service revision. Now people are speculating that teachers will be excluded from this revision and creating imaginary scenarios in their heads.

What's with the toxic mentality and why can't you all just wait and see what comes out?

What made you all so toxic in your mentality?
Because they have been talking about salary revisions since before covid. They're always "discussing" while ignoring that our real salary growth (as in, after accounting for inflation) is basically non-existent. It's almost as if they cannot afford the world-class teaching force that they are always boasting on the world stage about.

Salary revision cycles in the past were <5 years. It's 7 and counting now. How far are they trying to push it?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,240 Replies, 6,375,095 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,755 Replies, 1,009,986 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,880 Replies, 10,176,033 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,744 Replies, 1,347,506 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,242 Replies, 12,279,855 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,294 Replies, 983,658 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,070 Replies, 3,670,974 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,650 Replies, 4,845,108 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,755 Replies, 1,471,839 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,916 Replies, 2,875,914 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,395 Replies, 1,339,664 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,780 Replies, 4,571,797 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
621 Replies, 360,093 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,022 Replies, 423,435 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,177 Replies, 3,319,798 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,640 Replies, 1,491,001 Views
Aon Centre for Innovation and...
7 Replies, 5,581 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
482 Replies, 616,890 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 9,321 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
704 Replies, 522,058 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
884 Replies, 481,668 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
633 Replies, 318,995 Views
Jobs with travel opportunities
9 Replies, 3,848 Views
Salary ranges in Big Tech in...
2 Replies, 647 Views
A*Star (Agency for Science,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 97,244 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
414 Replies, 155,816 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,963 Replies, 2,090,390 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
418 Replies, 710,652 Views
Tuv Sud (TÜV SÜD)
2 Replies, 2,458 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,064 Replies, 2,239,672 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2