Career as Teacher - Page 154 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1531 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2019, 07:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I didn't have any C- or D. All Cs.

I spent 4 years in my subgrade. This april just finish 4 years.

I started off as a masters degree holder fyi.

Btw, if i get my geo 4 next april, I only get promotion increment but no merit increment?

Can help?

This means your CEP isn't high. Most likely, that's why your SL and RO did not tell you the truth. CEP is confidential. Only your SLs and ROs will know.

Masters degree does not really have much effect on rate of promotion. But the class of honours do have an impact on your starting pay. That's why for teachers who subsequently upgraded and did a masters, they didn't see an increment on their pay.

Likewise for BTs who entered service without work experience, their starting pay is based on their classification of honours, even if they have a masters degree. Hard truth but that's a fact.

I have seen my fair share of teachers who despite being emplaced on the old GEO2.1 scheme were promoted multiple times.. It has got to do with their performance and CEP.. Their performance grades have been consistent Bs. You mentioned your performance is all C. That explains also. One teacher who despite being emplaced on the old geo 2.1 scheme has already hit GEO 5 within 7 years in service.

Hope it helps.

Reply With Quote
  #1532 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2019, 07:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I didn't have any C- or D. All Cs.

I spent 4 years in my subgrade. This april just finish 4 years.

I started off as a masters degree holder fyi.

Btw, if i get my geo 4 next april, I only get promotion increment but no merit increment?

Can help?
4 years and you hit your ceiling? Btw, I've seen colleagues who got promoted to GEO4 in their 9th and 10th year in service. Like others mentioned, it really depends on your CEP. Having a masters doesn't mean much as an EO unless you work towards the specialist track.

Reply With Quote
  #1533 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2019, 07:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
4 years and you hit your ceiling? Btw, I've seen colleagues who got promoted to GEO4 in their 9th and 10th year in service. Like others mentioned, it really depends on your CEP. Having a masters doesn't mean much as an EO unless you work towards the specialist track.
She has clarified that she spent 4 years in her geo 3 subgrade.

Reply With Quote
  #1534 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2019, 08:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
4 years and you hit your ceiling? Btw, I've seen colleagues who got promoted to GEO4 in their 9th and 10th year in service. Like others mentioned, it really depends on your CEP. Having a masters doesn't mean much as an EO unless you work towards the specialist track.
Yup I agree. As an RO myself, I can safely state that educational qualifications do not matter when the ranking panel assigns/reviews your CEP....

I got an M.Sc from NUS even before joining the teaching service, and my pay was roughly similar to someone with 1st Class Hons. Some of my peers with only a B.Sc (Hons) have gotten promoted faster than me, presumably because they have a higher CEP. I don't think I've done anything wrong, they're just... faster.
Reply With Quote
  #1535 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2019, 08:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This means your CEP isn't high. Most likely, that's why your SL and RO did not tell you the truth. CEP is confidential. Only your SLs and ROs will know.

Masters degree does not really have much effect on rate of promotion. But the class of honours do have an impact on your starting pay. That's why for teachers who subsequently upgraded and did a masters, they didn't see an increment on their pay.

Likewise for BTs who entered service without work experience, their starting pay is based on their classification of honours, even if they have a masters degree. Hard truth but that's a fact.

I have seen my fair share of teachers who despite being emplaced on the old GEO2.1 scheme were promoted multiple times.. It has got to do with their performance and CEP.. Their performance grades have been consistent Bs. You mentioned your performance is all C. That explains also. One teacher who despite being emplaced on the old geo 2.1 scheme has already hit GEO 5 within 7 years in service.

Hope it helps.
There's no policy or direct instruction from MOEHR that states CEP is confidential. Many ROs and SLs simply prefer it that way because revealing the CEP MIGHT make for awkward work review sessions. Like our students' fascination with their numerical grade, some officers might get overly fixated on their CEP, which isn't very healthy.

If you wanna bang table bang chair and demand to know your CEP, in a matter of time, I think your RO will relent and tell you. BUT I would advise you against it. Just do your best, and let the system take care of itself.

You don't need to know your CEP to get a sense of how your career is progressing (or not). Just compare yourself to similar-profile officers who came in around the same time as you.
Reply With Quote
  #1536 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2019, 09:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Promotion salary update in pac

Hi there guys, has the promotion salary increment shown in pac?

I just got promoted from Geo3 to geo4

I checked on 1st April and there was a 200 increase in my gross salary with no change to the base min max.

Checked today and there is a another 300 increase(total 500),but the base salary range in still the same.
The lowest base range is $3515.
Would anyone have an idea of the geo4 salary scale?

Cheers!
Reply With Quote

  #1537 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2019, 09:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yup I agree. As an RO myself, I can safely state that educational qualifications do not matter when the ranking panel assigns/reviews your CEP....

I got an M.Sc from NUS even before joining the teaching service, and my pay was roughly similar to someone with 1st Class Hons. Some of my peers with only a B.Sc (Hons) have gotten promoted faster than me, presumably because they have a higher CEP. I don't think I've done anything wrong, they're just... faster.
Ya. The fastest I have seen is a lady hitting GEO 5 after 5 years from a BT. But her CEP level was that of a director.
Reply With Quote
  #1538 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2019, 09:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ya. The fastest I have seen is a lady hitting GEO 5 after 5 years from a BT. But her CEP level was that of a director.
CEP sucks man.... only performance grade determines and improves CEP? Looks like in 2020 i'm gonna get stuck again
Reply With Quote
  #1539 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2019, 09:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So when one hits ceiling, the next promotion will only get promotion increment and no merit increment cos the officer is at ceiling?
Reply With Quote
  #1540 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2019, 09:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Promoted to GEO3 4 years ago. Still at 3 but have maxed out payscale after latest increment. Will I be receiving increment next year then and would then mean Iíll be promoted to 4?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,954 Replies, 6,048,197 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
142 Replies, 93,931 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,483 Replies, 2,057,493 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,967 Replies, 1,822,499 Views
Capgemini Graduate Programme ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 7,012 Views
HSBC Graduate Programme 2021 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 3,879 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,806 Replies, 1,188,011 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,755 Replies, 3,190,784 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
9 Replies, 3,179 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
4 Replies, 3,210 Views
Dentist Salary ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 8,286 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,528 Replies, 1,007,962 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
752 Replies, 384,593 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 124,211 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 7,411 Views
How much does a typical FP&A... ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 2,511 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,679 Replies, 1,377,570 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,776 Replies, 840,034 Views
Buy condo or wait it out?
4 Replies, 658 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
160 Replies, 41,742 Views
How Much Do You Need to Earn... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
51 Replies, 19,580 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
364 Replies, 127,165 Views
An upgrade to my system
1 Replies, 87 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,064 Replies, 285,457 Views
Different rank in local banks ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 121,104 Views
shipping from China to Singapore
1 Replies, 616 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
289 Replies, 187,772 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,058 Replies, 837,944 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 57,130 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
139 Replies, 97,703 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2