Career as Teacher - Page 112 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1111 (permalink)  
Old 19-07-2018, 07:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
omg ILY! This just made my day.
However, as a polite gesture, you should inform your principal before you accept the offer. Otherwise, if your principal finds out about your posting only through HRMS notifications, it wouldn’t be nice. He/She might give you not so nice report and this might affect how your next boss sees you. All EOs have this personal file which are kept confidential by Principals. It’s a record of your work performance. When you move to your new posting, this file will also be sent to your new boss/principal.



SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1112 (permalink)  
Old 20-07-2018, 03:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridhwan1820 View Post
Does this apply to other goverment sectors also? I have heard of a gundu case whereby a masters applicant had put in 3.5k as expected salary for an ICA position and he was offered as such. LOL.

Does anybody know how much can a male singaporean earn as a fresh untrained teacher during the PDGE teaching stint with the following resume - first class honors from NTU/NUS, with no work experience, completed NS.
honestly speaking, masters isn't a big deal, especially if the job description doesn't require one. that goondu could be applying for ICA senior officer (SO) post which at most requires a degree, so $3,500 isn't really unexpected...

as for your FCH PDGE question, most likely in the region of 3.3k to 4k monthly

Reply With Quote
  #1113 (permalink)  
Old 21-07-2018, 07:39 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 17
ridhwan1820 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
honestly speaking, masters isn't a big deal, especially if the job description doesn't require one. that goondu could be applying for ICA senior officer (SO) post which at most requires a degree, so $3,500 isn't really unexpected...

as for your FCH PDGE question, most likely in the region of 3.3k to 4k monthly
Ahh i see, i didnt know that they wouldn't pay a tad extra for people with masters. In that case, the market for post-graduates is really small. Unless the job specifically states that a post-grad degree is required, they wont be earning more than a fresh grad.

Im hoping to be offered 3.9K if i were to be selected for PGDE. I am a male with first class honors. I was told the PGDE program will begin with a teaching stint (6 months - 1 year), followed by the NIE course which focuses on the pegagogy aspect. Will i be offered an income raise one year into the program or will the amount remain fixed until i have graduated (out of the GEO2 untrainted teacher category)?

Reply With Quote
  #1114 (permalink)  
Old 22-07-2018, 01:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridhwan1820 View Post
Ahh i see, i didnt know that they wouldn't pay a tad extra for people with masters. In that case, the market for post-graduates is really small. Unless the job specifically states that a post-grad degree is required, they wont be earning more than a fresh grad.

Im hoping to be offered 3.9K if i were to be selected for PGDE. I am a male with first class honors. I was told the PGDE program will begin with a teaching stint (6 months - 1 year), followed by the NIE course which focuses on the pegagogy aspect. Will i be offered an income raise one year into the program or will the amount remain fixed until i have graduated (out of the GEO2 untrainted teacher category)?
There will be an increment one year in from the date you join. Thereafter, another increment once you have completed your PGDE.
Reply With Quote
  #1115 (permalink)  
Old 23-07-2018, 07:00 PM
princess&thepopstar
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default application for MOE school counsellor (without training) July '18

Hiya,

anyone else here submitted the application for the above on [email protected]? The application period closed in early July.

Just wondering how long it will take to hear from them? I'm checking my email everyday and so far, nothing yet!
Reply With Quote
  #1116 (permalink)  
Old 23-07-2018, 08:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default PGDE Result

Anyone knows if and how your results from PGDE will affect your pay after graduating from NIE?
Reply With Quote

  #1117 (permalink)  
Old 23-07-2018, 11:57 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 17
ridhwan1820 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&thepopstar View Post
Hiya,

anyone else here submitted the application for the above on [email protected]? The application period closed in early July.

Just wondering how long it will take to hear from them? I'm checking my email everyday and so far, nothing yet!
I think i may have applied for the earlier window, which ended in early june. I I received an email for an interview approximately 2 weeks after closing date. But i have heard from people in other forums mentioning a typical waiting time of 2-5 weeks.

can we all update each other here on this thread if we get notified for an interview date or interview outcome? I went for an interview on the 17th of july. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Also i am a bit confused because one of the documents i had signed during interview date actually mentioned that i could be starting dec 2018. But isint december a school holiday!??
Reply With Quote
  #1118 (permalink)  
Old 24-07-2018, 12:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridhwan1820 View Post
I think i may have applied for the earlier window, which ended in early june. I I received an email for an interview approximately 2 weeks after closing date. But i have heard from people in other forums mentioning a typical waiting time of 2-5 weeks.

can we all update each other here on this thread if we get notified for an interview date or interview outcome? I went for an interview on the 17th of july. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Also i am a bit confused because one of the documents i had signed during interview date actually mentioned that i could be starting dec 2018. But isint december a school holiday!??
usually starting 3rd or 4th week of Dec 2018. So if started, you will be entitled this year end bonus as well. Wish you all the best
Reply With Quote
  #1119 (permalink)  
Old 24-07-2018, 12:46 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 17
ridhwan1820 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
usually starting 3rd or 4th week of Dec 2018. So if started, you will be entitled this year end bonus as well. Wish you all the best
Thanks for well-wishes. I don't have much confidence of getting it though. At the current job climate, with so many graduates coming in, it is very hard to get a good-paying job. But im truly banking on this teaching position because teaching is my main passion.

I have applied over 20 job positions on the government portal, and i have been rejected for about half of them so far (not even shortlisted for an interview). And im a FCH from NTU, with a near perfect score. I seriously have no idea why its so hard for me to get a decent job.

all the best to everyone here as well.


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1120 (permalink)  
Old 24-07-2018, 05:26 PM
princess&thepopstar
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Wish you all the best, Ridhwan. I'm not heard anything yet. Yep, let's update each other on our progress.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,959 Replies, 1,200,079 Views
Freight Forwarding industry --...
0 Replies, 78 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
580 Replies, 284,704 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,505 Replies, 1,090,873 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,020 Replies, 460,611 Views
NUS working environment and pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 28,911 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,821 Replies, 622,795 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,224 Replies, 363,375 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,176 Replies, 3,916,059 Views
ExxonMobil...
3 Replies, 838 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,324 Replies, 285,301 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,236 Replies, 998,884 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
346 Replies, 226,728 Views
Has anyone heard of KSB Singapore?
0 Replies, 130 Views
Micron fresh grad salary
2 Replies, 1,461 Views
Advice needed (Career change)
5 Replies, 530 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
161 Replies, 128,849 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 71,753 Views
Signed contract, but pending...
0 Replies, 278 Views
how to handle one offer and...
2 Replies, 415 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 323,070 Views
Ministry of Transport Queries
2 Replies, 275 Views
Capitaland Graduate Development...
8 Replies, 11,114 Views
Siemens engineering graduate...
2 Replies, 594 Views
Direct Contract vs External...
3 Replies, 317 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 7,888 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,157 Replies, 825,313 Views
N/O Level Holder ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 12,673 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
736 Replies, 472,600 Views
Starting business as civil service
4 Replies, 676 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2