MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 423 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4221 (permalink)  
Old 31-10-2021, 11:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey guys, applied for SID in august and went for interview in September. I received the call on Friday with the official confirmation and signing of contract soon!
Lanjiao la. They wonít offer without your security clearance

Reply With Quote
  #4222 (permalink)  
Old 31-10-2021, 11:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey guys, applied for SID in august and went for interview in September. I received the call on Friday with the official confirmation and signing of contract soon!
How long did they take to contact you after the psychometric test?

Reply With Quote
  #4223 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2021, 09:09 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How long did they take to contact you after the psychometric test?
Talk cock la he 😂

Reply With Quote
  #4224 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2021, 01:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Can anyone advise on the diff types of grading + pb bonus? How to get a good grade especially for new hires that just joined around the end of the year
Reply With Quote
  #4225 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2021, 09:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can anyone advise on the diff types of grading + pb bonus? How to get a good grade especially for new hires that just joined around the end of the year
If you join after sep/oct, default is Z (which is C eqv cause we use band 1,2,3 etc). Potentially better than someone who join in july/aug and may get C-.

One of my colleagues kena before, few days before the cut off and then sad. Lesser bonus quantum than Z.
Reply With Quote
  #4226 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2021, 02:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default General sharing of recent application

Have 16 yrs of marketing experience and recently applied for an AD position in Mindef. I got shortlisted for intv (3hours!?) but eventually did not go for it. I must have invested at least an hour filling in all the various manual forms.

Tip: HR said salary will only be discussed after the INTV stage. I did (nicely) share my last drawn, and the HR was nice enough to share it with the hiring manager. They came back to me before the intv saying they would not offer me anything close to my last drawn. Hence I decided to withdraw without wasting anyone's time.

IMO there is a considerable gap between public and private.

My last drawn was around the 15K there about, and from my research (actually from this forum), the range for AD is about 7-9K? It was not disclosed by HR, of course, but I came to my conclusion. They were not able to advise what rank I should apply for in the future too.

I also have an MBA but through an acquaintance working in MINDEF, they do not recognize masters. Only up to bachelors so it will not help in my job application.
Reply With Quote

  #4227 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2021, 03:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Have 16 yrs of marketing experience and recently applied for an AD position in Mindef. I got shortlisted for intv (3hours!?) but eventually did not go for it. I must have invested at least an hour filling in all the various manual forms.

Tip: HR said salary will only be discussed after the INTV stage. I did (nicely) share my last drawn, and the HR was nice enough to share it with the hiring manager. They came back to me before the intv saying they would not offer me anything close to my last drawn. Hence I decided to withdraw without wasting anyone's time.

IMO there is a considerable gap between public and private.

My last drawn was around the 15K there about, and from my research (actually from this forum), the range for AD is about 7-9K? It was not disclosed by HR, of course, but I came to my conclusion. They were not able to advise what rank I should apply for in the future too.

I also have an MBA but through an acquaintance working in MINDEF, they do not recognize masters. Only up to bachelors so it will not help in my job application.
Donít bother joining CS with 16 years of experience. They will never offer you above AD.
Reply With Quote
  #4228 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2021, 04:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

the year end bonus is prorated? So i joined 2nd week june, can expect 50% of bonus?
Reply With Quote
  #4229 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2021, 05:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
the year end bonus is prorated? So i joined 2nd week june, can expect 50% of bonus?
Just join less than 6 mths alrd talk abt bonus. You seriously need to wake up. Your probation period isnt over yet anyway.

You should focus and work harder.
Reply With Quote
  #4230 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2021, 04:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just join less than 6 mths alrd talk abt bonus. You seriously need to wake up. Your probation period isnt over yet anyway.

You should focus and work harder.
Lol, must be his first job.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,493 Replies, 4,480,783 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,565 Replies, 9,718,789 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,517 Replies, 1,388,764 Views
Banks' Pay and Bonuses ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
541 Replies, 452,865 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
531 Replies, 311,081 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,904 Replies, 3,505,995 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,748 Replies, 3,101,123 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,793 Replies, 6,010,103 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,849 Replies, 2,091,035 Views
Nparks ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 29,673 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,545 Replies, 1,198,731 Views
Anyone looking to switch to a...
0 Replies, 87 Views
NTU (non-faculty) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
154 Replies, 199,905 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,703 Replies, 4,385,471 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,167 Replies, 416,723 Views
What are BAND 5 positions -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 12,650 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,071 Replies, 11,924,131 Views
Any Ministry or Statboard still...
5 Replies, 8,943 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
542 Replies, 259,068 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
429 Replies, 236,288 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
725 Replies, 330,876 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,129 Replies, 503,082 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,800 Replies, 1,924,888 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,834 Replies, 1,180,429 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
103 Replies, 87,199 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,620 Replies, 931,944 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,557 Replies, 596,072 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
169 Replies, 152,614 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
288 Replies, 331,966 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,942 Replies, 1,363,446 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2