MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 473 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4721 (permalink)  
Old 17-11-2022, 11:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah man 1.5 hr then have to walk in 20 mins
The pay is good but not sure if I should take up given that the current job mar
Iis bad
Whoa that is far. I guess firstly it depends on your current situation (eg do you need to support your family). Then maybe weigh the pros and cons and see if the tradeoffs are worth it to you. Pay vs distance.

Ultimately the one doing the job is you; for some people they are willing to travel for the pay, for some it's a no no. Again it really depends on yourself so take some time to think about it.

Reply With Quote
  #4722 (permalink)  
Old 17-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Whoa that is far. I guess firstly it depends on your current situation (eg do you need to support your family). Then maybe weigh the pros and cons and see if the tradeoffs are worth it to you. Pay vs distance.

Ultimately the one doing the job is you; for some people they are willing to travel for the pay, for some it's a no no. Again it really depends on yourself so take some time to think about it.
totally agreed. I have been asking my friends and family about this too. All of them has asked me to take up this opportunity because the current job market is bad. Yes I have to pay up my uni school fees lol. almost 20k due next year

Reply With Quote
  #4723 (permalink)  
Old 17-11-2022, 11:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
totally agreed. I have been asking my friends and family about this too. All of them has asked me to take up this opportunity because the current job market is bad. Yes I have to pay up my uni school fees lol. almost 20k due next year
then again, dxo is a stable job... kinda not possible for them to retrench or sack you unless totally nvr do work. The lure is there....

Reply With Quote
  #4724 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2022, 01:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
totally agreed. I have been asking my friends and family about this too. All of them has asked me to take up this opportunity because the current job market is bad. Yes I have to pay up my uni school fees lol. almost 20k due next year
Sad truth. Degrees are getting more and more expensive but in the end it's just an expensive piece of paper especially when you see the current job market. Employers want cheap workers but loans have to be paid and everyone has to eat.

Like the poster above said DXO is a stable job and it's good that they're paying above market rate which is quite rare for govt related. Btw make sure you understand the entire salary breakdown and not look at just the whole figure, they like to add allowance but when things go wrong the allowance is the first to go lol. But DXO should be fine cuz defense.

One thing to seriously consider tho is that once you enter there is a high chance that will be your entire career. It's why a lot of people advise fresh grads to look elsewhere if they want to learn and things can be slow due to lots of red tape etc. Plebs and scholars have different paths. If you can handle the army style then it should be ok since it's not crazy like say, IHIS.
Reply With Quote
  #4725 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2022, 08:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sad truth. Degrees are getting more and more expensive but in the end it's just an expensive piece of paper especially when you see the current job market. Employers want cheap workers but loans have to be paid and everyone has to eat.

Like the poster above said DXO is a stable job and it's good that they're paying above market rate which is quite rare for govt related. Btw make sure you understand the entire salary breakdown and not look at just the whole figure, they like to add allowance but when things go wrong the allowance is the first to go lol. But DXO should be fine cuz defense.

One thing to seriously consider tho is that once you enter there is a high chance that will be your entire career. It's why a lot of people advise fresh grads to look elsewhere if they want to learn and things can be slow due to lots of red tape etc. Plebs and scholars have different paths. If you can handle the army style then it should be ok since it's not crazy like say, IHIS.
fully agreed with you. I guess I would just accept the offer then. Was totally surprised that they considered me lol. In the meantime also to gain some relevant experience in the case i want to hop to private sector in the future lol
Reply With Quote
  #4726 (permalink)  
Old 19-11-2022, 01:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sad truth. Degrees are getting more and more expensive but in the end it's just an expensive piece of paper especially when you see the current job market. Employers want cheap workers but loans have to be paid and everyone has to eat.

Like the poster above said DXO is a stable job and it's good that they're paying above market rate which is quite rare for govt related. Btw make sure you understand the entire salary breakdown and not look at just the whole figure, they like to add allowance but when things go wrong the allowance is the first to go lol. But DXO should be fine cuz defense.

One thing to seriously consider tho is that once you enter there is a high chance that will be your entire career. It's why a lot of people advise fresh grads to look elsewhere if they want to learn and things can be slow due to lots of red tape etc. Plebs and scholars have different paths. If you can handle the army style then it should be ok since it's not crazy like say, IHIS.

totally agree with what you said. I guess i will just take it and see how it goes. If really dislike the environment, I will still need to bare with it as I had to pay up my school fees.
Reply With Quote

  #4727 (permalink)  
Old 19-11-2022, 06:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi i just got offer from mindef on a role, the pay was like 40% more in market rate do your think should take? the location abit far
whats the fresh grade market rate now?

heard is 4k.

so dxo now 5.6k?
Reply With Quote
  #4728 (permalink)  
Old 19-11-2022, 08:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
whats the fresh grade market rate now?

heard is 4k.

so dxo now 5.6k?
nice...5.6k is a very impressive starting salary
Reply With Quote
  #4729 (permalink)  
Old 19-11-2022, 09:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi i just got offer from mindef on a role, the pay was like 40% more in market rate do your think should take? the location abit far
You have first class honours issit?
Reply With Quote
  #4730 (permalink)  
Old 20-11-2022, 10:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi i just got offer from mindef on a role, the pay was like 40% more in market rate do your think should take? the location abit far
Lmao dude don't leave us hanging
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,736 Replies, 1,463,973 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,601 Replies, 4,825,541 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,638 Replies, 1,485,337 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
614 Replies, 313,299 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,770 Replies, 4,559,431 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,160 Replies, 3,304,061 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,051 Replies, 2,229,339 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,862 Replies, 10,147,295 Views
Salary ranges in Big Tech in...
0 Replies, 150 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,718 Replies, 1,332,947 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,234 Replies, 12,254,797 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,262 Replies, 732,380 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
701 Replies, 383,416 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,982 Replies, 4,492,546 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
274 Replies, 376,649 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,733 Replies, 1,003,062 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,954 Replies, 2,080,121 Views
Visa Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
203 Replies, 125,518 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,204 Replies, 6,351,121 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
746 Replies, 382,013 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,020 Replies, 421,199 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
105 Replies, 71,765 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,238 Replies, 583,992 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,491 Replies, 1,901,101 Views
Deutsche Corporate Bank Graduate... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 8,793 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,151 Replies, 628,146 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,913 Replies, 2,871,246 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
417 Replies, 708,511 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
721 Replies, 715,615 Views
Engineer in PUB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
52 Replies, 46,838 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2