MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 330 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3291 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2020, 11:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
When did you interview?
A week ago..

Reply With Quote
  #3292 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2020, 08:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
A week ago..
Normally i will say if you are their first in line choice, it usually happen before 2 weeks after the interview.

But given it is now Covid time, it is quite hard to say.

Reply With Quote
  #3293 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2020, 08:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Normally i will say if you are their first in line choice, it usually happen before 2 weeks after the interview.

But given it is now Covid time, it is quite hard to say.
Ok .. thanks .. hope they contact me ..

Reply With Quote
  #3294 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2020, 10:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Confirmation Email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I've recently made an application via the DXO portal, but did not receive any sort of confirmation email after I submitted my application. Can I just check if this is normal? Was wondering if my application got successfully sent at all.

Thanks!

Hey there, did you manage to get a confirmation email? I received my confirmation email on the day of the application itself.
Maybe you could check your spam folder as well.

If you still haven't received a confirmation email, maybe you could email "[email protected]", and letting them know of your application date.
All the best!
Reply With Quote
  #3295 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2020, 11:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey there, did you manage to get a confirmation email? I received my confirmation email on the day of the application itself.
Maybe you could check your spam folder as well.

If you still haven't received a confirmation email, maybe you could email "[email protected]", and letting them know of your application date.
All the best!
Hi, thanks so much for your help! I didnít receive one and possibly could have been waiting for nothing! D:

Have dropped them an email at the above email address, thanks again for your help!
Reply With Quote
  #3296 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2020, 08:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi, wondering if anyone knows what the career progression and salary range are like for a uniformed position as defence psychologist at mindef? I have a second-upper psych bachelors from NUS, female fresh grad. Thanks!
Reply With Quote

  #3297 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2020, 12:14 PM
Rethink SAF budget
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

SAF has been sucking up sinkie students with potential into useless paper soldiers for decades, causing the country to mass import FTs instead.

Today a Harvard grad and former World Bank economist with real world experience CPL Jamus Lim defeated 3 Star General Ng Chee Meng, is it not time to consider giving the SAF massive budget to healthcare and education, et cetera instead?
Reply With Quote
  #3298 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2020, 02:59 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethink SAF budget View Post
SAF has been sucking up sinkie students with potential into useless paper soldiers for decades, causing the country to mass import FTs instead.

Today a Harvard grad and former World Bank economist with real world experience CPL Jamus Lim defeated 3 Star General Ng Chee Meng, is it not time to consider giving the SAF massive budget to healthcare and education, et cetera instead?
Putting aside the obvious necessity for national defence, the uniformed service (SAF especially) have been a good tool for upward social mobility. Look at the PAP cadres with humble backgrounds, almost all of them benefited from their stint in the military. Heck, even Pritam Singh is a product of this social machinery.

Granted, it has churned out spineless bureaucrats (and will probably continue on feeding the PAP with yes-men). But I think for the average joe out there, heightened funding for MINDEF is a net positive. For a poor families out there with limitations, their child signing on might be their ticket to middle-class.
Reply With Quote
  #3299 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2020, 01:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Putting aside the obvious necessity for national defence, the uniformed service (SAF especially) have been a good tool for upward social mobility. Look at the PAP cadres with humble backgrounds, almost all of them benefited from their stint in the military. Heck, even Pritam Singh is a product of this social machinery.

Granted, it has churned out spineless bureaucrats (and will probably continue on feeding the PAP with yes-men). But I think for the average joe out there, heightened funding for MINDEF is a net positive. For a poor families out there with limitations, their child signing on might be their ticket to middle-class.
Are you a SAF/PAP scholar? You may have academic rigour but your lack of intelligence shows. If you overpay anyone relative to the value of the actual work they do it will count for upward social mobility by your logic. I could pay a taxi driver's daughter $50,000/month as a scholar-teacher and herald the unicorn that is her and the handful few as a "net positive", conveniently ignoring the masses of poverty that Singapore's Gini coefficient undeniably shows after the fat SAF expenditure has taken the lion's share of our country's budget.
Reply With Quote
  #3300 (permalink)  
Old 14-07-2020, 04:06 PM
boyboy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default where and how is security clearance be held at

anyone been through security clearance? I was informed by my referring officer that I need to go through security clearance for my IT related post. may I know where will it be held? and how's the process like
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,051 Replies, 833,458 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,090 Replies, 3,883,966 Views
HSBC Graduate Programme 2021 ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 2,742 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 36,006 Views
Bunker trader ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 24,232 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,895 Replies, 6,026,359 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,954 Replies, 1,811,487 Views
How much does a typical FP&A... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 2,177 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,659 Replies, 1,369,036 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,458 Replies, 2,049,060 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,045 Replies, 281,160 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,515 Replies, 1,003,025 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
359 Replies, 124,842 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,800 Replies, 1,179,207 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
146 Replies, 54,405 Views
Civil Service Bonus 2020 Year End
2 Replies, 289 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
161 Replies, 16,957 Views
Any advice for a final year...
3 Replies, 3,511 Views
Advice for a troubled Designer ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 4,798 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 20,629 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 3,864 Views
anyone work as trainer with...
3 Replies, 2,076 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,786 Replies, 533,673 Views
I need advice
4 Replies, 831 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
492 Replies, 108,432 Views
Business / System Analyst
1 Replies, 1,067 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
234 Replies, 145,539 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,724 Replies, 3,172,559 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2