MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 297 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2961 (permalink)  
Old 25-03-2020, 01:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, can someone here advise what is unit preview? Do we need to prepare anything for the preview?
Thanks!
nope. its just basically to intro you to your workplace and see if you are ok with the environment. it also gives the boss a final chance to choose between the final candidates and chitchat with you abt the actual job scope.

the intent is for you to see if you are willing to work/travel in this environment and ok with the job scope and potentially meet some of your colleagues. As the hiring process takes up to 3-6 months, the policy is to let candidates see for themselves, instead of quitting within months.

for me, i was quite anxious abt getting the job and i just bluntly asked my boss how many candidates are there. Once she told me i was the only one, i accepted the job thru the boss on the day itself after i reach home. i texted her. few days later, HR called and gave me the verbal offer, pending medical and security clearance.

Reply With Quote
  #2962 (permalink)  
Old 25-03-2020, 10:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
nope. its just basically to intro you to your workplace and see if you are ok with the environment. it also gives the boss a final chance to choose between the final candidates and chitchat with you abt the actual job scope.

the intent is for you to see if you are willing to work/travel in this environment and ok with the job scope and potentially meet some of your colleagues. As the hiring process takes up to 3-6 months, the policy is to let candidates see for themselves, instead of quitting within months.

for me, i was quite anxious abt getting the job and i just bluntly asked my boss how many candidates are there. Once she told me i was the only one, i accepted the job thru the boss on the day itself after i reach home. i texted her. few days later, HR called and gave me the verbal offer, pending medical and security clearance.
Hi, thks for the sharing! Very insightful. Err... Can just ask how any candidates ah... I scare they will find me being pushy thou this is the job tat I really like n looking forward to.

Reply With Quote
  #2963 (permalink)  
Old 25-03-2020, 10:09 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Preview

Hi, is unit preview considered like a 2nd interview sort of? Thks.

Reply With Quote
  #2964 (permalink)  
Old 25-03-2020, 04:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

is anyone waiting for their security clearance? how long have you been waiting for?
Reply With Quote
  #2965 (permalink)  
Old 25-03-2020, 05:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone took pt in early mar called up for interview?
Reply With Quote
  #2966 (permalink)  
Old 25-03-2020, 10:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, thks for the sharing! Very insightful. Err... Can just ask how any candidates ah... I scare they will find me being pushy thou this is the job tat I really like n looking forward to.
im lucky to have a honest and direct boss, even though i did not know her then.

im also a blunt person who was already 6 months out of work. so i just asked if i was first choice also. but dont take my advice!
Reply With Quote

  #2967 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2020, 09:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I was asked to go for site visit where my potential boss told me straight up that they want to hire me. After tt i was asked to go for security vetting, and when I asked HR they told me they are still pending the unit for list of selected applicants. Am I screwed?
Reply With Quote
  #2968 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2020, 11:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone being called up for interview recently? Has been waiting for 3 weeks since PT
Reply With Quote
  #2969 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2020, 03:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Site visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was asked to go for site visit where my potential boss told me straight up that they want to hire me. After tt i was asked to go for security vetting, and when I asked HR they told me they are still pending the unit for list of selected applicants. Am I screwed?
Aft the site visit, did hr give u any verbal offer before asking u to go for security vetting?
Reply With Quote
  #2970 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2020, 04:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Aft the site visit, did hr give u any verbal offer before asking u to go for security vetting?
Nope, he just said they want to hire me and that he hopes to welcome me to the dept once all the security vetting is done. Then after tt went for security vetting and now waiting
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
107 Replies, 45,312 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,142 Replies, 1,332,604 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
863 Replies, 258,159 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,584 Replies, 3,071,961 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,696 Replies, 5,914,163 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,405 Replies, 2,008,816 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,047 Replies, 3,843,539 Views
NUS working environment and pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
90 Replies, 74,226 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)...
9 Replies, 5,689 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,460 Replies, 979,617 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,002 Replies, 1,144,141 Views
Equity Research jobs
2 Replies, 229 Views
High loan approval for business...
3 Replies, 603 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,765 Replies, 828,976 Views
How to start a small business ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,182 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
457 Replies, 316,819 Views
Third Party Contract From... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 2,487 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
334 Replies, 113,853 Views
Should I switch to a higher paying... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 3,214 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,394 Replies, 588,540 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
224 Replies, 136,865 Views
Prospects of an economics degree ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 12,284 Views
Passive income ideas? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 18,313 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,716 Replies, 1,130,557 Views
Possibilities, salary, etc. in the...
4 Replies, 1,051 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 3,980 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
137 Replies, 93,650 Views
PCB design course
2 Replies, 158 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
156 Replies, 24,254 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
244 Replies, 224,500 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2