GIC career - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




GIC career

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 27-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 11
free is on a distinguished road
Default GIC career

hi, need some advice on GIC, what is the starting pay like for fresh grad and.. how is the career prospect like?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 27-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Support function ~4.8k 5mths bonus
Portfolio function ~8k 7-9mths bonus

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 28-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by free View Post
hi, need some advice on GIC, what is the starting pay like for fresh grad and.. how is the career prospect like?
It's not easy to get in as a fresh grad unless you've got excellent results... Good luck..

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 29-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Was a couple of years into my career at a foreign bank when I received an email to go for their management associate program.

I thought it was a mid-career MA program but during the interview rounds I realised that they were also interviewing fresh grads. Big turn-off.

Program pay was 5k pm which (much lower than my last drawn) but supposedly moves up to 8k pm after 1st year.

Received some advice not to join GIC as it was the parking lot for government scholars. This meant that if you weren't a scholar, you'd be 2nd class citizen. Didn't sit well with me. My pov is to avoid such organisations. My advice is that private sector might be better (if you have the choice). Otherwise, start GIC and move out. I know of someone who did just that.

Goodluck.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Support function ~4.8k 5mths bonus
Portfolio function ~8k 7-9mths bonus
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anyone knows how much an associate and associate director earns in Temasek holdings?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2012, 07:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
anyone knows how much an associate and associate director earns in Temasek holdings?
Was about $10 - 12 per month for associate & $15 to 18k per month for AD some time back. Not sure now.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Mid-career banker
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Was about $10 - 12 per month for associate & $15 to 18k per month for AD some time back. Not sure now.
Really? I'm in talks with Temasek now and I'm a mid-career entrant, I've asked for a pay that's less than 10k per month. Too little?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid-career banker View Post
Really? I'm in talks with Temasek now and I'm a mid-career entrant, I've asked for a pay that's less than 10k per month. Too little?
No mid career ask for <10k.

Portfolio side freshies will already exceed 10k within 2 years of joining
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 26-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Was a couple of years into my career at a foreign bank when I received an email to go for their management associate program.

I thought it was a mid-career MA program but during the interview rounds I realised that they were also interviewing fresh grads. Big turn-off.

Program pay was 5k pm which (much lower than my last drawn) but supposedly moves up to 8k pm after 1st year.

Received some advice not to join GIC as it was the parking lot for government scholars. This meant that if you weren't a scholar, you'd be 2nd class citizen. Didn't sit well with me. My pov is to avoid such organisations. My advice is that private sector might be better (if you have the choice). Otherwise, start GIC and move out. I know of someone who did just that.

Goodluck.

I have 5 years of experience and considering applying for their portfolio function.
Don't like joining big organization or government-linked. But the salary is too attractive. I wonder if I could get similar salary/perks if I join smaller investment firms?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 26-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

can someone without a finance or investment background join GIC as a career change?

i currently have over 13 years experience in technology company, with experience in business development, project management and industry knowledge in telecommunications and transportation.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,127 Replies, 1,380,335 Views
Job offer from Apple
8 Replies, 383 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,274 Replies, 442,840 Views
how much shall I expect for a vp... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 50,055 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,143 Replies, 844,384 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
682 Replies, 336,364 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 16,183 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
351 Replies, 264,727 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,394 Replies, 1,016,240 Views
Shell Graduate program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
157 Replies, 104,020 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 7,360 Views
Accountancy undergrad need advice ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 1,391 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 4,729 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
786 Replies, 569,300 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,148 Replies, 1,443,600 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
216 Replies, 111,891 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,538 Replies, 4,385,819 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 44,032 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
437 Replies, 88,614 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
977 Replies, 386,040 Views
Need some opinion
9 Replies, 603 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,174 Replies, 585,685 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,942 Replies, 743,304 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,634 Replies, 3,310,033 Views
Credit Suisse - Compliance... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
96 Replies, 49,981 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
154 Replies, 141,166 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
535 Replies, 618,299 Views
Being an Expat in China ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 1,569 Views
Exxonmobil Commercial Track ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 1,412 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
727 Replies, 414,698 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2