Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment - Page 206 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2051 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2021, 12:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy Advice on career

Hi

I have been failing Singapore CA professional exams. Yes i am ashamed of it.
Was depressed about it as I see my colleagues in big 4 audit 1 by 1 clearing them and getting their chartered title, moving on with their life. As for myself, i see myself not able to make it to manager too..

In the word of accounting profession, it seems like it is compulsory to have a professional qualification to be in line with the job market. An auditor/accountant with none is stuck or perhaps going be tough moving forward. Thus seeking advice if i should attempt:

1. CFA level 1 (probably not able to clear all 3 levels)
2. CPA australia (clearing) + CIMA Strategic Case study (To get CGMA title)
3. CPA australia (clearing) + CIA (To get ceritified internal auditor)

-Average Joe

Reply With Quote
  #2052 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2021, 01:32 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi

I have been failing Singapore CA professional exams. Yes i am ashamed of it.
Was depressed about it as I see my colleagues in big 4 audit 1 by 1 clearing them and getting their chartered title, moving on with their life. As for myself, i see myself not able to make it to manager too..

In the word of accounting profession, it seems like it is compulsory to have a professional qualification to be in line with the job market. An auditor/accountant with none is stuck or perhaps going be tough moving forward. Thus seeking advice if i should attempt:

1. CFA level 1 (probably not able to clear all 3 levels)
2. CPA australia (clearing) + CIMA Strategic Case study (To get CGMA title)
3. CPA australia (clearing) + CIA (To get ceritified internal auditor)

-Average Joe
Why not try ACCA



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2053 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2021, 02:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Green not competitive anymore. Same as before 1-3mths.

Current salary range:
A1 - 3k (revised 2019)
A2 - 3.2k
S1 - 4.2k
S2 - 4.7k
AM - 5.2k
M - 6k

They revised A1 pay to attract people, but once people join… there is no retention initiatives. Such a drag, very little appreciation.

Reply With Quote
  #2054 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2021, 04:46 PM
opopop
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi guys, just got offered PO from black and yellow firm general audit, consumer products and retail... should i accept?
Reply With Quote
  #2055 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2021, 05:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opopop View Post
Hi guys, just got offered PO from black and yellow firm general audit, consumer products and retail... should i accept?
Yes! Good prospect!
Reply With Quote
  #2056 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2021, 08:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Green not competitive anymore. Same as before 1-3mths.

Current salary range:
A1 - 3k (revised 2019)
A2 - 3.2k
S1 - 4.2k
S2 - 4.7k
AM - 5.2k
M - 6k

They revised A1 pay to attract people, but once people join… there is no retention initiatives. Such a drag, very little appreciation.
Why not try Blue or Yellow?
Reply With Quote

  #2057 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2021, 12:34 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why not try Blue or Yellow?
wait for yellow updated salary first. should be very soon.
Reply With Quote
  #2058 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2021, 01:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
wait for yellow updated salary first. should be very soon.
Hahaha.. after every1 take e bonus cn zhao ler.. big 4 no loyalty 1.. hahaha
Reply With Quote
  #2059 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2021, 01:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opopop View Post
Hi guys, just got offered PO from black and yellow firm general audit, consumer products and retail... should i accept?
If you are able to get into banks, they’ll pay more competitive and reward so much better than audit (talking about good progression, welfare system, knocking off at a fixed timing). Don’t sell yourself out.
Reply With Quote
  #2060 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2021, 01:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

even with revised salary it s still ****. if you need to start your career in big 4 audit then you can only blame yourself for not working hard enough
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yearly increment Button Income and Jobs 29 06-01-2018 09:43 PM
Annual Increment for Civil Service 2011 bswuming87 Income and Jobs 4 10-04-2011 09:19 PM
Annual Increment 1nch3r Income and Jobs 0 12-11-2010 12:36 AM
Can your Increment beat Inflation? Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 9 24-04-2008 03:37 PM
Salary Increment to be 5.2% Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 25-09-2007 12:55 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,084 Replies, 2,530,452 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,696 Replies, 1,289,289 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,745 Replies, 4,628,509 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 6,998 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,609 Replies, 7,357,528 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
138 Replies, 100,829 Views
Civil/Public Sector -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
412 Replies, 267,883 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,095 Replies, 1,315,025 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,761 Replies, 1,415,943 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
456 Replies, 277,401 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
871 Replies, 225,271 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,337 Replies, 576,236 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
483 Replies, 274,156 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 1,600 Views
Nomura
0 Replies, 50 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,271 Replies, 642,905 Views
Maybank ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 6,951 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
317 Replies, 138,827 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
150 Replies, 138,191 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,021 Replies, 524,627 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
120 Replies, 58,358 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
244 Replies, 110,703 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,009 Replies, 2,507,420 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,699 Replies, 4,359,801 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
329 Replies, 454,053 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 4,168 Views
Pacific Century CyberWorks (PCCW)
1 Replies, 71 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 86,672 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2