Anyone working in NTU (non-faculty)? - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Anyone working in NTU (non-faculty)?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 02:01 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 115
undiscern is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone working in NTU (non-faculty)?

Yeah, non-faculty staff. As Mgr, Snr Mgr, AD, SAD onwards.. How is the work culture like at NTU, specifically in the admin offices (OT)? I heard there are quite a handful of former colonels there? Military style?

I understand that it is no longer a stat board, this means that it no longer enjoy the government annual bonus declaration on top of the usual AWS & PB. True?

From the forum, it seems like the average PB is about 2mths for those in government or stat board. So far how is the PB at NTU?

Promotion prospect/rate?

Kum Sia very much!

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undiscern View Post
Yeah, non-faculty staff. As Mgr, Snr Mgr, AD, SAD onwards.. How is the work culture like at NTU, specifically in the admin offices (OT)? I heard there are quite a handful of former colonels there? Military style?

I understand that it is no longer a stat board, this means that it no longer enjoy the government annual bonus declaration on top of the usual AWS & PB. True?

From the forum, it seems like the average PB is about 2mths for those in government or stat board. So far how is the PB at NTU?

Promotion prospect/rate?

Kum Sia very much!
NTU is very big, so work culture depends on which department you are in, and whether you are with the Schools (faculties), or with central administration. I would say it is a bureaucratic place. Not a related point, but there are many ex-civil servants servants in the administration.

NTU pays PB and a 13th month bonus. It doesn't pay the variable bonus declared by the govt in June and December. The PB in NTU varies year to year, depending on the state of the economy, it seems. The average performer gets less than 2 months last year, closer to 1 month for the more junior staff. Civil service seems to pay better bonuses. This year's PB has not been paid.

Is there a way to broaden this thread to include all the local universities?

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 274
miwashi is on a distinguished road
Default

When I was working at nus last time, there wasn't a 13th month bonus. Only PB.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 115
undiscern is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
NTU is very big, so work culture depends on which department you are in, and whether you are with the Schools (faculties), or with central administration. I would say it is a bureaucratic place. Not a related point, but there are many ex-civil servants servants in the administration.

NTU pays PB and a 13th month bonus. It doesn't pay the variable bonus declared by the govt in June and December. The PB in NTU varies year to year, depending on the state of the economy, it seems. The average performer gets less than 2 months last year, closer to 1 month for the more junior staff. Civil service seems to pay better bonuses. This year's PB has not been paid.

Is there a way to broaden this thread to include all the local universities?
Thanks for the info. The PB is quite so so compared to civil & public service. Avg performer is about 2-2.5mths which is quite standard. So it seems like there is no 'adjustment' in view of it goin autonomous and away from gov bonus.

Any idea on the annual increment? 4-5%?

Understand from somewhere that the salary scale there is different from Goverment MX scheme. I heard some sort of E1 to E4, M1 to M4? E1 is for diploma holder?

But apparently they have similar MSO scheme like gov sector.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 115
undiscern is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miwashi View Post
When I was working at nus last time, there wasn't a 13th month bonus. Only PB.
You are working in admin? MSO scheme or executive scheme? I heard from friend there is 13th mth for mgrs. How is the PB?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

There was a pay adjustment some years back when the university moved away from the civil service scheme and government declared bonuses. The annual increment is also so-so, definitely less than 4% for average performer. I think E1 to E3 is for diploma holders, but I'm not sure.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 274
miwashi is on a distinguished road
Default

as far as I know they only have 2 schemes - admin staff and academic staff. My colleagues were the same as me, no 13th month bonus. Our manager was also classed as admin staff, the manager title was a sort of local rank in the office.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 115
undiscern is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There was a pay adjustment some years back when the university moved away from the civil service scheme and government declared bonuses. The annual increment is also so-so, definitely less than 4% for average performer. I think E1 to E3 is for diploma holders, but I'm not sure.
Looking at their directory, they have Executive, Higher Executive, Asst Mgr, Mgr, Snr Mgr, AD, SAD, DD, D

Not sure how it is mapped to the E1-E4 & M1-M4 scale. Looking at the recruitment, Executive seems to be entry for Dip holders.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Fresh graduates start off as Asst Manager, and placed, I think, on E4.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 115
undiscern is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fresh graduates start off as Asst Manager, and placed, I think, on E4.
Could be a grey area, looking at this ad:
Executive Officer/Higher Executive Officer (HR) job - NTU – School of Humanities and Social Sciences

Dip holder will be Executive, Degree Holder will be Higher Executive
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» 30 Recent Threads
Jobs Opening for Events Sales
0 Replies, 22 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,356 Replies, 4,166,954 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,866 Replies, 682,668 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
467 Replies, 221,241 Views
DBS Salary for Associate/Senior...
4 Replies, 1,101 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
75 Replies, 47,976 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,902 Replies, 1,285,513 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,552 Replies, 3,173,272 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,351 Replies, 325,196 Views
Piano teacher wanted!
0 Replies, 56 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,032 Replies, 1,301,696 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,150 Replies, 536,845 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,243 Replies, 405,935 Views
Should we still invest in...
0 Replies, 76 Views
Making Sense and Cents of the...
2 Replies, 1,819 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,263 Replies, 923,244 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
711 Replies, 388,719 Views
DSTA or CSIT
8 Replies, 946 Views
Dentist Salary
4 Replies, 889 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
130 Replies, 95,072 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
75 Replies, 41,027 Views
Consultant pathologist job
7 Replies, 5,829 Views
[Do Survey get Grab voucher]...
1 Replies, 91 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,244 Replies, 1,046,356 Views
SCDF direct entry lieutenant
3 Replies, 341 Views
UOB Technology Specialists, GTO
1 Replies, 173 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
231 Replies, 143,028 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 36,148 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
375 Replies, 567,294 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2