Any Kaplan students here can land a job in 2020? - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Any Kaplan students here can land a job in 2020?

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2020, 02:33 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 10
Thangtvn96 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Any Kaplan students here can land a job in 2020?

Hi everyone,
I am a fresh graduate from Kaplan. I wonder is anyone here also graduate from Kaplan and cannot find a job? or anyone can land a job? Do you feel hard to find a job being Kaplan student?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2020, 02:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

To be very honest, the Kaplan qualification is not looked upon highly by recruiters, be prepared for your qualification to be treated as the equivalent of Higher Nitec and plan accordingly in terms of salary.

Aim for the firms with Caucasian bosses who don't know (or don't care) about the difference and will pay you graduate salary. Otherwise, you have to manage your expectations and expected salary range when applying for jobs.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2020, 04:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Murdoch Uni?



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2020, 04:48 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 10
Thangtvn96 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To be very honest, the Kaplan qualification is not looked upon highly by recruiters, be prepared for your qualification to be treated as the equivalent of Higher Nitec and plan accordingly in terms of salary.

Aim for the firms with Caucasian bosses who don't know (or don't care) about the difference and will pay you graduate salary. Otherwise, you have to manage your expectations and expected salary range when applying for jobs.
Oh thank you for your helpful answer! Noted that
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2020, 04:48 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 10
Thangtvn96 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Murdoch Uni?
No bro! I graduated from Essex Uni
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2020, 05:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To be very honest, the Kaplan qualification is not looked upon highly by recruiters, be prepared for your qualification to be treated as the equivalent of Higher Nitec and plan accordingly in terms of salary.

Aim for the firms with Caucasian bosses who don't know (or don't care) about the difference and will pay you graduate salary. Otherwise, you have to manage your expectations and expected salary range when applying for jobs.
Yes. Just like sim or any other private uni people. All are likely to end up with low paying jobs particularly in such challenging economy sistuation. Or if want high paying most ah chio bu which often provide open leg services via forums such as sammyboy.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2020, 06:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

my department in one of the big 4, actually the admin block ppl from kplan....
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2020, 10:07 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 7
Michealng is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my department in one of the big 4, actually the admin block ppl from kplan....
It's sad to hear that!

For Thang, I recommend you wider your job search and you have to be very smart and patient while finding for job.

Here is some tips and hacks for job search that I have used to land my current job, I am a Kaplan student also.

You should determine clearly what you wish to do after you graduated. Then, you should focus to increase both experience and skills on that major because the class won't teach the actual skills needed to perform the work. you should learn it on Google, Youtube, online class, or doing an internship.

Take myself as an example. I really like digital marketing and learn it by myself. I cannot work while being a student. So I created a website, Facebook page, write blog posts and learn everything related to digital marketing from SEO to social media. After all, my effort paid a sweet result. I recommend you find job on some good job portal such as TalentTribe, LinkedIn and Jobstreet. I used those job portal also.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2020, 10:08 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 10
Thangtvn96 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michealng View Post
It's sad to hear that!

For Thang, I recommend you wider your job search and you have to be very smart and patient while finding for job.

Here is some tips and hacks for job search that I have used to land my current job, I am a Kaplan student also.

You should determine clearly what you wish to do after you graduated. Then, you should focus to increase both experience and skills on that major because the class won't teach the actual skills needed to perform the work. you should learn it on Google, Youtube, online class, or doing an internship.

Take myself as an example. I really like digital marketing and learn it by myself. I cannot work while being a student. So I created a website, Facebook page, write blog posts and learn everything related to digital marketing from SEO to social media. After all, my effort paid a sweet result. I recommend you find job on some good job portal such as TalentTribe, LinkedIn and Jobstreet. I used those job portal also.
Very helpful, thank you so much!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2020, 10:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I graduated in 2018 with a comp science and cyber security double major degree from murdoch uni, landed a job 1 month after graduation. starting pay was 3.8k in a GLC, now $39xx, this year no increment due to covid, planning to jump next year or so to learn a different specialization, kaplan people, don't give up!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
career, graduate, internship, job, students

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UCD degree from Kaplan cayden Education and Personal Growth 14 07-10-2017 09:45 AM
UCD Kaplan Msc IT degree tj2017 Education and Personal Growth 0 06-08-2017 07:21 PM
Kaplan or SIM dameww Education and Personal Growth 6 21-03-2014 11:11 AM
Unsim Or Kaplan? Stressfullsociety Income and Jobs 9 06-02-2014 12:55 AM
SIM or Kaplan..??? Intrue88 Education and Personal Growth 1 20-12-2010 11:07 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,268 Replies, 998,109 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,720 Replies, 1,639,030 Views
How much do you need to retire...
4 Replies, 131 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,088 Replies, 2,717,439 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
101 Replies, 32,569 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
99 Replies, 17,811 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,294 Replies, 5,655,234 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,816 Replies, 281,037 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,937 Replies, 1,099,124 Views
Ntu sociology degree ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 47,317 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
603 Replies, 461,265 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,740 Replies, 804,632 Views
need some info on CNB ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,022 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,945 Replies, 3,752,724 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,116 Replies, 510,088 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,342 Replies, 1,931,127 Views
Getting funded for university
0 Replies, 64 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 7,792 Views
I need honest advice. Jump to... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 1,801 Views
Advice for "Research Coordinator"...
7 Replies, 4,619 Views
is it crazy to give up a 100k P.A... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 26,077 Views
Corporate Banking Analyst
3 Replies, 383 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
97 Replies, 94,689 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
721 Replies, 219,492 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,650 Replies, 789,549 Views
Submitting My Resume To ST... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 22,965 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,385 Replies, 569,695 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
148 Replies, 29,435 Views
FEE PE Exam ( Electrical )
4 Replies, 2,409 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
120 Replies, 141,646 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2