Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Any Kaplan students here can land a job in 2020? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12847-any-kaplan-students-here-can-land-job-2020-a.html)

Thangtvn96 02-07-2020 02:33 PM

Any Kaplan students here can land a job in 2020?

Hi everyone,
I am a fresh graduate from Kaplan. I wonder is anyone here also graduate from Kaplan and cannot find a job? or anyone can land a job? Do you feel hard to find a job being Kaplan student? :)

Unregistered 02-07-2020 02:42 PM

To be very honest, the Kaplan qualification is not looked upon highly by recruiters, be prepared for your qualification to be treated as the equivalent of Higher Nitec and plan accordingly in terms of salary.

Aim for the firms with Caucasian bosses who don't know (or don't care) about the difference and will pay you graduate salary. Otherwise, you have to manage your expectations and expected salary range when applying for jobs.

Unregistered 02-07-2020 04:22 PM

Murdoch Uni?

Thangtvn96 02-07-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140575)
To be very honest, the Kaplan qualification is not looked upon highly by recruiters, be prepared for your qualification to be treated as the equivalent of Higher Nitec and plan accordingly in terms of salary.

Aim for the firms with Caucasian bosses who don't know (or don't care) about the difference and will pay you graduate salary. Otherwise, you have to manage your expectations and expected salary range when applying for jobs.

Oh thank you for your helpful answer! Noted that

Thangtvn96 02-07-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140595)
Murdoch Uni?

No bro! I graduated from Essex Uni

Unregistered 02-07-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140575)

Yes. Just like sim or any other private uni people. All are likely to end up with low paying jobs particularly in such challenging economy sistuation. Or if want high paying most ah chio bu which often provide open leg services via forums such as sammyboy.

Unregistered 02-07-2020 06:55 PM

my department in one of the big 4, actually the admin block ppl from kplan....

Michealng 02-07-2020 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140623)
my department in one of the big 4, actually the admin block ppl from kplan....

It's sad to hear that!:confused:

For Thang, I recommend you wider your job search and you have to be very smart and patient while finding for job.

Here is some tips and hacks for job search that I have used to land my current job, I am a Kaplan student also.

You should determine clearly what you wish to do after you graduated. Then, you should focus to increase both experience and skills on that major because the class won't teach the actual skills needed to perform the work. you should learn it on Google, Youtube, online class, or doing an internship.

Take myself as an example. I really like digital marketing and learn it by myself. I cannot work while being a student. So I created a website, Facebook page, write blog posts and learn everything related to digital marketing from SEO to social media. After all, my effort paid a sweet result. I recommend you find job on some good job portal such as TalentTribe, LinkedIn and Jobstreet. I used those job portal also.

Thangtvn96 02-07-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michealng (Post 140646)
It's sad to hear that!:confused:

For Thang, I recommend you wider your job search and you have to be very smart and patient while finding for job.

Here is some tips and hacks for job search that I have used to land my current job, I am a Kaplan student also.

You should determine clearly what you wish to do after you graduated. Then, you should focus to increase both experience and skills on that major because the class won't teach the actual skills needed to perform the work. you should learn it on Google, Youtube, online class, or doing an internship.

Take myself as an example. I really like digital marketing and learn it by myself. I cannot work while being a student. So I created a website, Facebook page, write blog posts and learn everything related to digital marketing from SEO to social media. After all, my effort paid a sweet result. I recommend you find job on some good job portal such as TalentTribe, LinkedIn and Jobstreet. I used those job portal also.

Very helpful, thank you so much!

Unregistered 02-07-2020 10:19 PM

I graduated in 2018 with a comp science and cyber security double major degree from murdoch uni, landed a job 1 month after graduation. starting pay was 3.8k in a GLC, now $39xx, this year no increment due to covid, planning to jump next year or so to learn a different specialization, kaplan people, don't give up!