Please Share DBS Average Months Bonus - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Please Share DBS Average Months Bonus

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 21-05-2020, 02:27 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 2
mayfairersg is on a distinguished road
Smile Please Share DBS Average Months Bonus

I have a job offer from DBS (Perm). I am still uncertain on the average bonus the bank pays throughout the years.

Understandably, many co's will not share this to interviewees during the offer stage, however I am keen to find out from fellow employees / ex-DBS employees the X months for 2019. The last average I heard was 15 months is that true?

Many thanks in advance and appreciate the information!

==========================================

Extra question is, CPF (Employer contribution) from DBS is 25% , is this true or false?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 21-05-2020, 02:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfairersg View Post
I have a job offer from DBS (Perm). I am still uncertain on the average bonus the bank pays throughout the years.

Understandably, many co's will not share this to interviewees during the offer stage, however I am keen to find out from fellow employees / ex-DBS employees the X months for 2019. The last average I heard was 15 months is that true?

Many thanks in advance and appreciate the information!

==========================================

Extra question is, CPF for DBS is 25% , is this true or false?
wow. So much fake news here. Cpf is the same. And I know of some mid-level managers VP with decent performance ratings having just 3mths bonus with 6% increment. This year and next year will definitely be worse, so it's ultimately up to u.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 21-05-2020, 02:33 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 2
mayfairersg is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
wow. So much fake news here. Cpf is the same. And I know of some mid-level managers VP with decent performance ratings having just 3mths bonus with 6% increment. This year and next year will definitely be worse, so it's ultimately up to u.
Thanks for this, may I check if 3 months is normal fin industry average? (For Local Banks).

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 21-05-2020, 03:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfairersg View Post
Thanks for this, may I check if 3 months is normal fin industry average? (For Local Banks).
Local banks for average performer is 1.5-2 months.
DBS does not pay 13 month/AWS
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 25-05-2020, 03:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Am from front office DBS, investment banking and bonus is about 8 months only. Thatís for last year.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 25-05-2020, 03:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Local banks for average performer is 1.5-2 months.
DBS does not pay 13 month/AWS
Yep all 3 local banks pay around 2 months on average and do not have AWS. If you compare to the public service in a normal year, 2 months is what all public officers get just from AWS, mid-year and end-year bonus, haven't even count performance bonus. I have never understood the local banks' refusal to pay AWS when it's a government guideline and many other companies follow. I think it reflects poorly on the local banks and sets a negative precedent for other employers. It also reinforces the image of local banks being damn giam and gives an excuse for other companies to not pay, especially foreign companies, since they'll just hide behind the local banks (which are among the largest employers here) and say why should I pay when your own DBS/OCBC/UOB don't?
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 25-05-2020, 08:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yep all 3 local banks pay around 2 months on average and do not have AWS. If you compare to the public service in a normal year, 2 months is what all public officers get just from AWS, mid-year and end-year bonus, haven't even count performance bonus. I have never understood the local banks' refusal to pay AWS when it's a government guideline and many other companies follow. I think it reflects poorly on the local banks and sets a negative precedent for other employers. It also reinforces the image of local banks being damn giam and gives an excuse for other companies to not pay, especially foreign companies, since they'll just hide behind the local banks (which are among the largest employers here) and say why should I pay when your own DBS/OCBC/UOB don't?
Actually with or without AWS, it is the same. When the company convert to giving AWS, they will take your annual basic and divided by 13 and revise your monthly basic. When the company decide to stop giving AWS, they will take you annual basic and divide by 12 and revise your monthly basic.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 27-05-2020, 10:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yep all 3 local banks pay around 2 months on average and do not have AWS. If you compare to the public service in a normal year, 2 months is what all public officers get just from AWS, mid-year and end-year bonus, haven't even count performance bonus. I have never understood the local banks' refusal to pay AWS when it's a government guideline and many other companies follow. I think it reflects poorly on the local banks and sets a negative precedent for other employers. It also reinforces the image of local banks being damn giam and gives an excuse for other companies to not pay, especially foreign companies, since they'll just hide behind the local banks (which are among the largest employers here) and say why should I pay when your own DBS/OCBC/UOB don't?
Based on this, also prospecting DBS here, should I not expect a high bonus, not counting this year but in the years to come? 3-4 months average? Additionally, isit easy to hop to foreign banks from local banks with 3-4 years exp.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2020, 11:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

depends on your role. Front office? Back office? Naturally front office is treated better as in all banks coz they are the revenue generating roles.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 16-06-2020, 12:09 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Sorry for the late response, looking at front office here
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
dbs bonus

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can anyone share the industry average salary for due diligence analyst in banks? mright Income and Jobs 2 23-11-2014 05:59 PM
How many months of bonus did you get? Avatar Income and Jobs 5 23-03-2010 07:14 PM
9 Months Bonus for Lawyers Salary.sg Income and Jobs 15 24-07-2009 02:57 AM
8 Months Bonus for Northwest CDC Staff Salary.sg Income and Jobs 18 16-05-2009 02:08 PM
Average Bonus of US$201,500 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 04-01-2009 08:49 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Advice needed for a 30 yo male... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 12,414 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,025 Replies, 2,934,388 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,534 Replies, 1,078,144 Views
How much to ask for starting pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
90 Replies, 8,465 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
868 Replies, 453,898 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,004 Replies, 3,809,565 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
795 Replies, 238,657 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 65,039 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,377 Replies, 1,977,184 Views
need some info on CNB ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 2,025 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,387 Replies, 954,715 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,835 Replies, 1,708,262 Views
Self-Employed in SG by Overseas...
3 Replies, 361 Views
Best Primary Schools 2020 (by...
1 Replies, 958 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
130 Replies, 23,498 Views
PhD or non-PhD
6 Replies, 7,373 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,589 Replies, 5,815,180 Views
Big Four Promotion/Bonus/Incr... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 6,224 Views
How to properly manage the income?
6 Replies, 449 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
126 Replies, 29,981 Views
Higher Pay for Mid-Career Teachers
3 Replies, 5,178 Views
Tuition Teachers Make 20k
7 Replies, 6,048 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 117,958 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
133 Replies, 25,458 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
734 Replies, 364,040 Views
Employment agency asking for...
1 Replies, 144 Views
What is typical RSU and sign on?
5 Replies, 467 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,012 Replies, 795,865 Views
Engineering role in a GLC
0 Replies, 136 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2