Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Please Share DBS Average Months Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12665-please-share-dbs-average-months-bonus.html)

mayfairersg 21-05-2020 02:27 PM

Please Share DBS Average Months Bonus

I have a job offer from DBS (Perm). I am still uncertain on the average bonus the bank pays throughout the years.

Understandably, many co's will not share this to interviewees during the offer stage, however I am keen to find out from fellow employees / ex-DBS employees the X months for 2019. The last average I heard was 15 months is that true?

Many thanks in advance and appreciate the information!

==========================================

Extra question is, CPF (Employer contribution) from DBS is 25% , is this true or false?

Unregistered 21-05-2020 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayfairersg (Post 134765)
I have a job offer from DBS (Perm). I am still uncertain on the average bonus the bank pays throughout the years.

Understandably, many co's will not share this to interviewees during the offer stage, however I am keen to find out from fellow employees / ex-DBS employees the X months for 2019. The last average I heard was 15 months is that true?

Many thanks in advance and appreciate the information!

==========================================

Extra question is, CPF for DBS is 25% , is this true or false?

wow. So much fake news here. Cpf is the same. And I know of some mid-level managers VP with decent performance ratings having just 3mths bonus with 6% increment. This year and next year will definitely be worse, so it's ultimately up to u.

mayfairersg 21-05-2020 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134766)
wow. So much fake news here. Cpf is the same. And I know of some mid-level managers VP with decent performance ratings having just 3mths bonus with 6% increment. This year and next year will definitely be worse, so it's ultimately up to u.

Thanks for this, may I check if 3 months is normal fin industry average? (For Local Banks).

Unregistered 21-05-2020 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayfairersg (Post 134767)
Thanks for this, may I check if 3 months is normal fin industry average? (For Local Banks).

Local banks for average performer is 1.5-2 months.
DBS does not pay 13 month/AWS

Unregistered 25-05-2020 03:03 AM

Am from front office DBS, investment banking and bonus is about 8 months only. That’s for last year.

Unregistered 25-05-2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134771)
Local banks for average performer is 1.5-2 months.
DBS does not pay 13 month/AWS

Yep all 3 local banks pay around 2 months on average and do not have AWS. If you compare to the public service in a normal year, 2 months is what all public officers get just from AWS, mid-year and end-year bonus, haven't even count performance bonus. I have never understood the local banks' refusal to pay AWS when it's a government guideline and many other companies follow. I think it reflects poorly on the local banks and sets a negative precedent for other employers. It also reinforces the image of local banks being damn giam and gives an excuse for other companies to not pay, especially foreign companies, since they'll just hide behind the local banks (which are among the largest employers here) and say why should I pay when your own DBS/OCBC/UOB don't?

Unregistered 25-05-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135132)
Yep all 3 local banks pay around 2 months on average and do not have AWS. If you compare to the public service in a normal year, 2 months is what all public officers get just from AWS, mid-year and end-year bonus, haven't even count performance bonus. I have never understood the local banks' refusal to pay AWS when it's a government guideline and many other companies follow. I think it reflects poorly on the local banks and sets a negative precedent for other employers. It also reinforces the image of local banks being damn giam and gives an excuse for other companies to not pay, especially foreign companies, since they'll just hide behind the local banks (which are among the largest employers here) and say why should I pay when your own DBS/OCBC/UOB don't?

Actually with or without AWS, it is the same. When the company convert to giving AWS, they will take your annual basic and divided by 13 and revise your monthly basic. When the company decide to stop giving AWS, they will take you annual basic and divide by 12 and revise your monthly basic.

Unregistered 27-05-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135132)

Based on this, also prospecting DBS here, should I not expect a high bonus, not counting this year but in the years to come? 3-4 months average? Additionally, isit easy to hop to foreign banks from local banks with 3-4 years exp.

Unregistered 08-06-2020 11:43 PM

depends on your role. Front office? Back office? Naturally front office is treated better as in all banks coz they are the revenue generating roles.

Unregistered 16-06-2020 12:09 AM

Sorry for the late response, looking at front office here