Big 4 firm rescind offers - Page 3 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Big 4 firm rescind offers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 27-03-2020, 03:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

3k so low. Even employment pass from MOM requires minimum 3.9k salary now..

Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 27-03-2020, 03:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

MOM employment pass min salary requirement is set high to deter companies from choosing foreigners over locals.

Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 27-03-2020, 10:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

KPMG audit rescinded too.

Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 27-03-2020, 11:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I didn't get rescinded but I'm actually thinking of rescinding their offer.
I recently received an offer from BNP Paribas. Should I renege on my current offer for PwC deals strategy? The pay is at least 80% higher.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 28-03-2020, 04:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I didn't get rescinded but I'm actually thinking of rescinding their offer.
I recently received an offer from BNP Paribas. Should I renege on my current offer for PwC deals strategy? The pay is at least 80% higher.
yes. They won't hesitate to reneg on you as you've read here.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 28-03-2020, 10:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

for those who had offers were rescinded, was a contract signed prior to them rescinding the offer?

think that may be a breach in contract and legal actions can be taken?
Reply With Quote

  #27 (permalink)  
Old 28-03-2020, 12:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
for those who had offers were rescinded, was a contract signed prior to them rescinding the offer?

think that may be a breach in contract and legal actions can be taken?
Haha. Any proper employment contract worth its salt has a mechanism built in to allow the firm to do something like that, especially if you haven't passed a probationary period or started work.

Even if they indeed breached a term of the contract, exactly what action do you want to take?

You want to be the known as the guy who sued a big 4 firm for rescinding? I'm sure that will do wonders for your job search
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 28-03-2020, 01:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Haha. Any proper employment contract worth its salt has a mechanism built in to allow the firm to do something like that, especially if you haven't passed a probationary period or started work.

Even if they indeed breached a term of the contract, exactly what action do you want to take?

You want to be the known as the guy who sued a big 4 firm for rescinding? I'm sure that will do wonders for your job search
End of the day, depends if the person's rep is worth more or the firm's rep is worth more.
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 28-03-2020, 05:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Haha. Any proper employment contract worth its salt has a mechanism built in to allow the firm to do something like that, especially if you haven't passed a probationary period or started work.

Even if they indeed breached a term of the contract, exactly what action do you want to take?

You want to be the known as the guy who sued a big 4 firm for rescinding? I'm sure that will do wonders for your job search
There are specific reasons for terminating the contract after you sign (e.g. failed medical, lied in the info you provide, fail background check). But i'm guessing the people who had their offers rescinded don't fall under this category.

There is a reason why it is called a contract. If a company can so easily rescind an offer, then what is the use of it? Also, imagine you are currently employed and have to resign from your job because you accepted their offer. A month after serving your notice the company tell you that they are rescinding the offer. Then won't you be jobless?

As mentioned by the guy above, their rep is worth a lot more than yours. Who would want to join them again or vote them as "employers of choice" if this is known to public.

for those affected, can find some articles online - s://.hcamag.com/asia/news/general/can-you-legally-rescind-a-job-offer/142127
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 28-03-2020, 06:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are specific reasons for terminating the contract after you sign (e.g. failed medical, lied in the info you provide, fail background check). But i'm guessing the people who had their offers rescinded don't fall under this category.

There is a reason why it is called a contract. If a company can so easily rescind an offer, then what is the use of it? Also, imagine you are currently employed and have to resign from your job because you accepted their offer. A month after serving your notice the company tell you that they are rescinding the offer. Then won't you be jobless?

As mentioned by the guy above, their rep is worth a lot more than yours. Who would want to join them again or vote them as "employers of choice" if this is known to public.

for those affected, can find some articles online - s://.hcamag.com/asia/news/general/can-you-legally-rescind-a-job-offer/142127
Advise to find a lawyer.
Yes u may not win the suit, and have to pay legal fees
But honour is more impt.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who is shortchanging you; IB firm or headhunters? bishybashy Income and Jobs 4 31-05-2017 09:37 AM
should i join this firm? flameberg Income and Jobs 2 11-01-2017 12:50 AM
Mid tier audit firm momo91 Income and Jobs 8 12-11-2014 02:10 PM
Starting a Recruitment Firm Charlos Income and Jobs 4 14-07-2014 01:21 AM
Mid tier audit firm Coulis Income and Jobs 13 25-09-2013 11:19 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,844 Replies, 3,697,659 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,487 Replies, 6,773,285 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,270 Replies, 1,069,515 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
510 Replies, 265,599 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,346 Replies, 5,158,067 Views
Starting pay for fresh grad? ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 27,820 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,011 Replies, 906,921 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,730 Replies, 2,646,708 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,653 Replies, 9,299,838 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,131 Replies, 2,020,021 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,403 Replies, 2,416,918 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
999 Replies, 223,864 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
544 Replies, 195,366 Views
Bnp paribas graduate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
191 Replies, 106,660 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,088 Replies, 3,042,151 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,199 Replies, 554,898 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,283 Replies, 1,532,006 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
166 Replies, 51,366 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,660 Replies, 3,210,532 Views
I need honest advice. Jump to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 21,862 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 5,839 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
257 Replies, 269,458 Views
Credit Suisse
9 Replies, 4,295 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
142 Replies, 141,132 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,462 Replies, 670,109 Views
share your experience about...
3 Replies, 242 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,319 Replies, 733,606 Views
Work in pharmacy
5 Replies, 1,656 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,044 Replies, 680,338 Views
Capgemini ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 5,917 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2