Mid tier audit firm - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Mid tier audit firm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2014, 10:10 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5
momo91 is on a distinguished road
Default Mid tier audit firm

Hi, need some advice here. I am 3rd year student doing final semester. Am thinking to apply audit job in mid tier audit firms in singapore (RSM BDO GT NEXIA MOORE STEPHENS RT) as my result I don't think I can get job in Big 4. Am from malaysia btw. Had 3 months internship exp at Nexia SSY in malaysia. Is it hard to get job in those mid tier firms?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo91 View Post
Hi, need some advice here. I am 3rd year student doing final semester. Am thinking to apply audit job in mid tier audit firms in singapore (RSM BDO GT NEXIA MOORE STEPHENS RT) as my result I don't think I can get job in Big 4. Am from malaysia btw. Had 3 months internship exp at Nexia SSY in malaysia. Is it hard to get job in those mid tier firms?
Just go for the big 4, they do massive recruitment by batches all the time and as far as i can tell, their criteria quite lax as the hr just want to hit tough recruitment targets.

I have a friend with 3rd class honors and another with bachelor pass w/o merit also got in.

No choice then go for the small firms.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5
momo91 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just go for the big 4, they do massive recruitment by batches all the time and as far as i can tell, their criteria quite lax as the hr just want to hit tough recruitment targets.

I have a friend with 3rd class honors and another with bachelor pass w/o merit also got in.

No choice then go for the small firms.
Oh iS it? I had actually get the call this morning from kpmg for their internship program cos their audit associate massive recruitment is in August. The person told me is a bit difficult to go in Singapore for intern because of the work pass problem. She will get back to me after this. I guess if I go for internship first I stand a higher chance for their graduate program of audit which is is August?

Thanks for your info btw.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo91 View Post
Oh iS it? I had actually get the call this morning from kpmg for their internship program cos their audit associate massive recruitment is in August. The person told me is a bit difficult to go in Singapore for intern because of the work pass problem. She will get back to me after this. I guess if I go for internship first I stand a higher chance for their graduate program of audit which is is August?

Thanks for your info btw.
Well, I suppose an internship will help in your chances somewhat. But honestly speaking the way they batch recruit every year huge numbers of fresh grads, most of them end up having more than 1 offer from the big 4 anyway. When I left NTU 4 years ago, I had 3 offers from them and I was only 2nd lower honors.

There is this misconception that the big 4 is very prestigious and difficult to get in. The reality is that other than a few specialised management consulting roles, the rest of the entry level associate jobs you really don't need much to get in. In terms stringency in selection, I would rank them even lower than some of the fresh grad hires conducted by local big GLCs.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi TS, I'm now working in 1 of the Big4. I think being Malaysian with normal grades still can get in as I have many colleagues at the Associate / Senior Associate level who are Malaysians. AFAIK their studies or any work exp is only average.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2014, 10:36 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5
momo91 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi TS, I'm now working in 1 of the Big4. I think being Malaysian with normal grades still can get in as I have many colleagues at the Associate / Senior Associate level who are Malaysians. AFAIK their studies or any work exp is only average.
Is it through massive graduate programme recruitment? Cos if like this I would have waited to August or September to start.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2014, 10:37 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5
momo91 is on a distinguished road
Default

btw how much is the salary in big4 for fresh graduate audit associate? And how bout internship salary?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i heard big 4 pays 9-10 mths bonus on average, but must work 80hr work week.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo91 View Post
btw how much is the salary in big4 for fresh graduate audit associate? And how bout internship salary?
2.7-3k?

10char
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
audit, graduate, job

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3 years @ AVP IT Top Tier Bank itaintoveryet Income and Jobs 3 05-12-2015 06:38 PM
Sales and trading at tier 1 banks BB_FO Income and Jobs 37 09-10-2014 04:45 PM
Starting a Recruitment Firm Charlos Income and Jobs 4 14-07-2014 01:21 AM
Mid tier audit firm Coulis Income and Jobs 13 25-09-2013 11:19 AM
execution role in a commodities firm walsly Income and Jobs 0 05-04-2013 08:48 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,352 Replies, 580,528 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
74 Replies, 37,527 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
448 Replies, 327,477 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,037 Replies, 529,123 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,102 Replies, 2,539,460 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
886 Replies, 229,682 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,025 Replies, 2,518,756 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
126 Replies, 59,485 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,748 Replies, 1,302,262 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 8,020 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
183 Replies, 209,267 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,867 Replies, 4,661,863 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,669 Replies, 7,380,596 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
633 Replies, 143,302 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,852 Replies, 613,309 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,023 Replies, 742,188 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
564 Replies, 446,420 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
144 Replies, 101,875 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
128 Replies, 37,258 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 1,819 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
333 Replies, 455,912 Views
Grab Finance Graduate Programme...
3 Replies, 267 Views
Heineken APAC Graduate Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
276 Replies, 135,824 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
740 Replies, 204,403 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,724 Replies, 4,370,181 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 113,127 Views
DXC Technology
0 Replies, 74 Views
Y Ventures Group
0 Replies, 46 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 26,858 Views
Tax ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 9,143 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2