Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks) - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks)

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2018, 10:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have a very good progression in the first 8 years. It kind of slow down between 2007 to 2015 comparing to other years. Possible to illustrate with bonus? It is an amazing feat that you did earn $7.5k without a degree with 7 years experience.
$7.5k after 6 years indeed is very impressive for a non-grad. That's almost a Band 6 salary on the low end at StanChart. Out of curiosity, what happened between 2007 and 2015? Which industry did you switch to? Since your salary was hovering in the Band 6 range across these 8 years.

Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2018, 11:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Here's my progression:

UOB:
2010 - entered as Senior Officer as fresh grad at $3.25k
2013 - promoted to Manager in 2013, $4.7k
2015 - promoted to AVP, $6k

DBS:
2017 - entered as AVP after 1-year stint in non-local bank at $9.5k, currently $10.3k

Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Here's my progression:

UOB:
2010 - entered as Senior Officer as fresh grad at $3.25k
2013 - promoted to Manager in 2013, $4.7k
2015 - promoted to AVP, $6k

DBS:
2017 - entered as AVP after 1-year stint in non-local bank at $9.5k, currently $10.3k
What is your role and how much bonus are you currently on?

Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2018, 02:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is your role and how much bonus are you currently on?
In a middle office function, last year's bonus was ~5 months
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 27-04-2019, 01:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
$7.5k after 6 years indeed is very impressive for a non-grad. That's almost a Band 6 salary on the low end at StanChart. Out of curiosity, what happened between 2007 and 2015? Which industry did you switch to? Since your salary was hovering in the Band 6 range across these 8 years.
choosing the right industry can make a paramount difference.

One example I know, an NUS phd, started with 3.5k per month, after 10 years working in A*STAR, only making 6.6k per month, ~100k per annum.

After switching to banking. 4 years later, is making 18k per month, ~250k per annum. Think what could have been achieved if started in banking straight out of school.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 27-04-2019, 01:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
choosing the right industry can make a paramount difference.

One example I know, an NUS phd, started with 3.5k per month, after 10 years working in A*STAR, only making 6.6k per month, ~100k per annum.

After switching to banking. 4 years later, is making 18k per month, ~250k per annum. Think what could have been achieved if started in banking straight out of school.
Is he doing same role in banking?
Reply With Quote

  #17 (permalink)  
Old 27-04-2019, 05:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Actually does anyone knows if the jobs posted by these 3 local banks in the various portals are actual vacancies? I have seen the same role on portals for more almost half a year...
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2019, 12:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Started in non bank 3k -2013
Now in foreign bank 6.4k -2019
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2019, 11:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have a very good progression in the first 8 years. It kind of slow down between 2007 to 2015 comparing to other years. Possible to illustrate with bonus? It is an amazing feat that you did earn $7.5k without a degree with 7 years experience.
You didn't read properly. He joined ocbc in 2000 with 3 years experience. That is 10-11 years to get to 7.5k. Lol..
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2019, 07:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
$7.5k after 6 years indeed is very impressive for a non-grad. That's almost a Band 6 salary on the low end at StanChart. Out of curiosity, what happened between 2007 and 2015? Which industry did you switch to? Since your salary was hovering in the Band 6 range across these 8 years.
Band 6 in Stanchart is 8k thereabouts? I'm slated to be promoted to Band 6 next year and I'm more than 2k away from the 8k mark. I don't see how HR will give me such a big increase when the time comes. Sigh.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Local Vs Foreign Bank Jobs Income and Jobs 18 01-02-2018 07:34 PM
jump from foreign bank to local bank arrownarrow Income and Jobs 4 30-07-2017 06:35 PM
DBS vs UOB vs OCBC: Among these 3 local banks, which is the best to work in? dreamzknight Income and Jobs 11 05-07-2016 09:54 PM
SPF : What are the salaries of an ASP and above ranks. curious_george Income and Jobs 2 22-06-2015 10:16 AM
$3.5K for an IT role in a local bank unknown Income and Jobs 11 14-03-2014 02:13 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,226 Replies, 2,744,823 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,733 Replies, 1,647,464 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,287 Replies, 1,005,862 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,832 Replies, 283,567 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 34,449 Views
I need honest advice. Jump to... ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 2,572 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,953 Replies, 3,759,980 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 2,894 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,341 Replies, 5,674,746 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
618 Replies, 462,069 Views
Retiring in Taiwan
6 Replies, 407 Views
How useful is CMFAS in improving... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 27,328 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,346 Replies, 1,936,163 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
410 Replies, 296,006 Views
Why does Singapore not have a...
9 Replies, 4,939 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,947 Replies, 1,103,776 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
471 Replies, 91,950 Views
Entry requirements to get into...
3 Replies, 535 Views
Anyone worked in singhealth/nhg? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 71,470 Views
How To Find Rich & Elite In...
2 Replies, 340 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
345 Replies, 268,597 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
102 Replies, 18,809 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
110 Replies, 29,034 Views
need some info on CNB ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 1,284 Views
Citibank Technology Analyst Program
9 Replies, 4,083 Views
Advantages
1 Replies, 928 Views
Private Banking Salaries ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
77 Replies, 101,619 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,654 Replies, 791,142 Views
Ntu sociology degree ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
57 Replies, 47,753 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2