MAS for Mid Career Professionals - Page 205 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

MAS for Mid Career Professionals

Old 25-04-2024, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From what i know, most of my friends who leave, either is sick of the environment (politics, bullying bosses, no psyche safety etc), job scope change (cos here can pivot like siao), or yeah just the simple beautiful reason of really higher pay and progression outside.
Got another reason, p*ssed off coz others “less deserving” got promoted although far less yoe and only one big shiny project to boast of

Got politics? Got one boss insist to me before there is no office politics, so is that they are on different planet?

Old 25-04-2024, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Got another reason, p*ssed off coz others “less deserving” got promoted although far less yoe and only one big shiny project to boast of

Got politics? Got one boss insist to me before there is no office politics, so is that they are on different planet?
Yeah in that sense, that's like in the case of unfair bosses la. But usually one shiny project is good enough to last you for years (definitely to get promoted). Here is not so much what you can do or know, but more of whose side are you on.

Anyway your boss told you there is no office politics? Which office has no politics de? It is just how bad it is. Seriously is from another planet (joking)......

Old 25-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yeah in that sense, that's like in the case of unfair bosses la. But usually one shiny project is good enough to last you for years (definitely to get promoted). Here is not so much what you can do or know, but more of whose side are you on.

Anyway your boss told you there is no office politics? Which office has no politics de? It is just how bad it is. Seriously is from another planet (joking)......
Yes, the boss insisted no office politics and no bullying, only those with too much time will think that way. I felt a little MF and confused after hearing this. So I am surprised to hear that your friends left becos of office politics and bullying etc

What is whose side you are on? I thought there’s only one side to be on, which is your bosses.

Promotion. Personally I think it’s unfair that some people who only has a few years of relevant experience can get promoted just from one or two shiny new project. And cos of quota squeeze out others who are arguably much smarter, far more years relevant experience and many other projects, even if they are not as shiny. If you look at past shiny projects, over the years some of the shininess have faded, or got superseded, which is why the implementation are then deprioritised.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 25-04-2024, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes, the boss insisted no office politics and no bullying, only those with too much time will think that way. I felt a little MF and confused after hearing this. So I am surprised to hear that your friends left becos of office politics and bullying etc

What is whose side you are on? I thought there’s only one side to be on, which is your bosses.

Promotion. Personally I think it’s unfair that some people who only has a few years of relevant experience can get promoted just from one or two shiny new project. And cos of quota squeeze out others who are arguably much smarter, far more years relevant experience and many other projects, even if they are not as shiny. If you look at past shiny projects, over the years some of the shininess have faded, or got superseded, which is why the implementation are then deprioritised.
MF ah.. Hehehe, then you have to be smarter loh, so as not to get MFed. Cos here, there can really be alot of MFers
Old 25-04-2024, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

If got project and can get promoted, not bad already. Some can even get promoted without having ever delivered a project.
Old 25-04-2024, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
If got project and can get promoted, not bad already. Some can even get promoted without having ever delivered a project.
Is it because their dept core work is not projects

Or there are some people who are good at coming up with the ideas and presenting the big picture concepts to upstairs, how it is going to operationalise or implement leave it to others?

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Old 25-04-2024, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Red face

Quote:
Is it because their dept core work is not projects

Or there are some people who are good at coming up with the ideas and presenting the big picture concepts to upstairs, how it is going to operationalise or implement leave it to others?
R u referring to the leads and the heads ah? Cos usually they r the ones proposing the big ideas and leaving implementation to the downstairs
Old 25-04-2024, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
R u referring to the leads and the heads ah? Cos usually they r the ones proposing the big ideas and leaving implementation to the downstairs
No I am not. The OP claim there are people no deliver project but got promoted. I was wondering what depts such people might be in, as some depts don’t really have a lot of projects.

About your statement, there are TLs or even Div heads who can drill down to the implementation details or even help you with them. So can’t generalise across the board. Being better at visualising concepts (or as they like to say principle based approach) but not necessarily the operationalisation is a work trait you may find at any level, including working level. And perhaps this is not a hindrance, as they can always find out what they need by asking loads and loads of questions of others. Then, maybe, pass off the knowledge as their own. Heh
Old 25-04-2024, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Errmm, i think your view is seriously imbalanced. The pull factor for people to leave any company is that of prospects. The push factor for people to leave any company is often sh*tty bosses or colleagues, low pay vs workload, etc. So I don't think you can say that leaving is always for the better, and certainly not "most" (unless you have the stats).

In terms of naming and shaming...I think most complaints here are because people suffer tons of wrong here, suffer in silence and that's why taking to this place to let it out :/
Well I feel you, let it out if it’s valid feedback but the point is just be sensible while going about it. Don’t give people a reason to go after you irl. Examples might include posting factually untrue stuff they can easily rebut. This is different from opinions where some different groups of people might take different view, if you got something to support your view.

The thing is sometimes people let down guard posting anything they want online thinking it is anonymous, but that is totally falling into the trap. Another simple illustration, those mentimeter they use for polls, you would think it’s anonymous right? Once, someone mentioned, oh, they later discovered it was the same poster posting certain answers. To me, those answers were not even that controversial! Anyway I don’t know how or what exactly they check, but this and other incidents suggest to me that sometimes they may not focus so much on the feedback but who is the one who said it! So to repeat in case it’s not clear, the trap is giving people a reason to go after you irl.
Old 25-04-2024, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
you talk like MAS got extraordinary hacking skills to track down people who post here. Do you think TG really got IT special forces? My toes are laughing

Notwithstanding that hacking/pulling strings to identify people who make benign comments online just to target them is a crime itself

I thought this post say hacking/pulling strings to id people is a crime? Are you insinuating that mas partly owns salary.sg? So much so that it can go into secret data? @@, Wow if it is, then this is damn big revelation man!