MAS for Mid Career Professionals - Page 205 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




MAS for Mid Career Professionals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2041 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2024, 11:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From what i know, most of my friends who leave, either is sick of the environment (politics, bullying bosses, no psyche safety etc), job scope change (cos here can pivot like siao), or yeah just the simple beautiful reason of really higher pay and progression outside.
Got another reason, p*ssed off coz others ďless deservingĒ got promoted although far less yoe and only one big shiny project to boast of

Got politics? Got one boss insist to me before there is no office politics, so is that they are on different planet?

Reply With Quote
  #2042 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2024, 11:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Got another reason, p*ssed off coz others ďless deservingĒ got promoted although far less yoe and only one big shiny project to boast of

Got politics? Got one boss insist to me before there is no office politics, so is that they are on different planet?
Yeah in that sense, that's like in the case of unfair bosses la. But usually one shiny project is good enough to last you for years (definitely to get promoted). Here is not so much what you can do or know, but more of whose side are you on.

Anyway your boss told you there is no office politics? Which office has no politics de? It is just how bad it is. Seriously is from another planet (joking)......

Reply With Quote
  #2043 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah in that sense, that's like in the case of unfair bosses la. But usually one shiny project is good enough to last you for years (definitely to get promoted). Here is not so much what you can do or know, but more of whose side are you on.

Anyway your boss told you there is no office politics? Which office has no politics de? It is just how bad it is. Seriously is from another planet (joking)......
Yes, the boss insisted no office politics and no bullying, only those with too much time will think that way. I felt a little MF and confused after hearing this. So I am surprised to hear that your friends left becos of office politics and bullying etc

What is whose side you are on? I thought thereís only one side to be on, which is your bosses.

Promotion. Personally I think itís unfair that some people who only has a few years of relevant experience can get promoted just from one or two shiny new project. And cos of quota squeeze out others who are arguably much smarter, far more years relevant experience and many other projects, even if they are not as shiny. If you look at past shiny projects, over the years some of the shininess have faded, or got superseded, which is why the implementation are then deprioritised.

Reply With Quote
  #2044 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2024, 11:54 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, the boss insisted no office politics and no bullying, only those with too much time will think that way. I felt a little MF and confused after hearing this. So I am surprised to hear that your friends left becos of office politics and bullying etc

What is whose side you are on? I thought thereís only one side to be on, which is your bosses.

Promotion. Personally I think itís unfair that some people who only has a few years of relevant experience can get promoted just from one or two shiny new project. And cos of quota squeeze out others who are arguably much smarter, far more years relevant experience and many other projects, even if they are not as shiny. If you look at past shiny projects, over the years some of the shininess have faded, or got superseded, which is why the implementation are then deprioritised.
MF ah.. Hehehe, then you have to be smarter loh, so as not to get MFed. Cos here, there can really be alot of MFers
Reply With Quote
  #2045 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2024, 12:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, the boss insisted no office politics and no bullying, only those with too much time will think that way. I felt a little MF and confused after hearing this. So I am surprised to hear that your friends left becos of office politics and bullying etc

What is whose side you are on? I thought thereís only one side to be on, which is your bosses.

Promotion. Personally I think itís unfair that some people who only has a few years of relevant experience can get promoted just from one or two shiny new project. And cos of quota squeeze out others who are arguably much smarter, far more years relevant experience and many other projects, even if they are not as shiny. If you look at past shiny projects, over the years some of the shininess have faded, or got superseded, which is why the implementation are then deprioritised.
If got project and can get promoted, not bad already. Some can even get promoted without having ever delivered a project.
Reply With Quote
  #2046 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2024, 01:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If got project and can get promoted, not bad already. Some can even get promoted without having ever delivered a project.
Is it because their dept core work is not projects

Or there are some people who are good at coming up with the ideas and presenting the big picture concepts to upstairs, how it is going to operationalise or implement leave it to others?
Reply With Quote

  #2047 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2024, 02:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it because their dept core work is not projects

Or there are some people who are good at coming up with the ideas and presenting the big picture concepts to upstairs, how it is going to operationalise or implement leave it to others?
R u referring to the leads and the heads ah? Cos usually they r the ones proposing the big ideas and leaving implementation to the downstairs
Reply With Quote
  #2048 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2024, 04:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
R u referring to the leads and the heads ah? Cos usually they r the ones proposing the big ideas and leaving implementation to the downstairs
No I am not. The OP claim there are people no deliver project but got promoted. I was wondering what depts such people might be in, as some depts donít really have a lot of projects.

About your statement, there are TLs or even Div heads who can drill down to the implementation details or even help you with them. So canít generalise across the board. Being better at visualising concepts (or as they like to say principle based approach) but not necessarily the operationalisation is a work trait you may find at any level, including working level. And perhaps this is not a hindrance, as they can always find out what they need by asking loads and loads of questions of others. Then, maybe, pass off the knowledge as their own. Heh
Reply With Quote
  #2049 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2024, 10:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Errmm, i think your view is seriously imbalanced. The pull factor for people to leave any company is that of prospects. The push factor for people to leave any company is often sh*tty bosses or colleagues, low pay vs workload, etc. So I don't think you can say that leaving is always for the better, and certainly not "most" (unless you have the stats).

In terms of naming and shaming...I think most complaints here are because people suffer tons of wrong here, suffer in silence and that's why taking to this place to let it out :/
Well I feel you, let it out if itís valid feedback but the point is just be sensible while going about it. Donít give people a reason to go after you irl. Examples might include posting factually untrue stuff they can easily rebut. This is different from opinions where some different groups of people might take different view, if you got something to support your view.

The thing is sometimes people let down guard posting anything they want online thinking it is anonymous, but that is totally falling into the trap. Another simple illustration, those mentimeter they use for polls, you would think itís anonymous right? Once, someone mentioned, oh, they later discovered it was the same poster posting certain answers. To me, those answers were not even that controversial! Anyway I donít know how or what exactly they check, but this and other incidents suggest to me that sometimes they may not focus so much on the feedback but who is the one who said it! So to repeat in case itís not clear, the trap is giving people a reason to go after you irl.
Reply With Quote
  #2050 (permalink)  
Old 25-04-2024, 11:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you talk like MAS got extraordinary hacking skills to track down people who post here. Do you think TG really got IT special forces? My toes are laughing

Notwithstanding that hacking/pulling strings to identify people who make benign comments online just to target them is a crime itself

I thought this post say hacking/pulling strings to id people is a crime? Are you insinuating that mas partly owns salary.sg? So much so that it can go into secret data? @@, Wow if it is, then this is damn big revelation man!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! daydreamer Income and Jobs 1859 08-05-2024 10:07 PM
Income for IT Professionals sudoku Income and Jobs 10 24-10-2014 07:20 PM
what does corporate hr executives/professionals do? lmaohaha Income and Jobs 2 12-05-2012 06:03 PM
Professionals and Managers - Is Your Pay above the Median? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 174 04-10-2009 07:42 PM
Managers and Professionals - are your Salaries above the Median? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 27 11-12-2008 10:45 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,787 Replies, 5,247,525 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,394 Replies, 6,975,033 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,834 Replies, 1,542,829 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,222 Replies, 3,877,054 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,570 Replies, 684,359 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,460 Replies, 2,464,605 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
938 Replies, 545,078 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
771 Replies, 447,043 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
830 Replies, 439,442 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,456 Replies, 3,532,964 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,263 Replies, 10,618,775 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
143 Replies, 55,030 Views
Working in SMRT ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
45 Replies, 61,190 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
372 Replies, 260,696 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 418,264 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,859 Replies, 1,613,291 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,967 Replies, 4,802,315 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
707 Replies, 411,760 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,175 Replies, 1,120,450 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,795 Replies, 2,459,633 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 161,611 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 14,144 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 21,556 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,431 Replies, 4,895,378 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 389,754 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
202 Replies, 183,579 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,586 Replies, 1,433,021 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,302 Replies, 666,122 Views
Early Retirement ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 16,136 Views
Anyone worked in singhealth/nhg? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 175,743 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2