IMDA (under MCI) - Page 73 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

IMDA (under MCI)

Old 17-08-2023, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Wtf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Proof that June Koh is on this forum. This is something that she would post. Reading the news and finding reasons to blame her ex boss for macroeconomic events that are not within his control. Hi JK, please scram and stop spreading lies and misinformation on this forum. Thank you.
Lmao this is literally the only post in the whole forum that speaks badly about ACE Justin. From my experience with him, he is quite competent and professional and treats the staff like actual humans, unlike this JK. Only someone as petty and narrow-minded as JK will take the time to read the news and use it to find fault with ACE Justin. Fits her profile exactly. She is the smallest of the "small people".

Old 17-08-2023, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Lmao this is literally the only post in the whole forum that speaks badly about ACE Justin. From my experience with him, he is quite competent and professional and treats the staff like actual humans, unlike this JK. Only someone as petty and narrow-minded as JK will take the time to read the news and use it to find fault with ACE Justin. Fits her profile exactly. She is the smallest of the "small people".
Lol! Sound so sus if that’s her former boss. The timing of this ACE news on this thread feels so far flung and out of the blue against the ongoing JK discussion. I also think it sounds like her trying to deflect and shift the focus hahah oh my

Old 17-08-2023, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I was a lowly HR staff who sat in for his interview with the HR Director at that time (fresh out of sch at that time n had to take notes). I recall this interview very vividly because it was one of the more refreshing ones where the person is saying something more memorable and less politically correct. He did not badmouth JK at all (but did bring up some names of other less hardworking ppl in the organisation when the HR Director pressed him for it, some of whom have been complained about and have poor work reviews already when we looked into it). He was making a case for how 10% of all the employees were doing 90% of the work, and said that the workforce at IMDA could be halved and the pay of the hardworking employees increased to be commensurate with their efforts, and still the efficiency of the organisation will go up. He sounded very logical but I could tell that he was very demoralised already (he said he did not feel his compensation matched his work output) and his tone sounded a little exasperated, like he was saying something that should be very obvious to us. He was quite charming and polite if I may add, and was looking at me too when he spoke (most interviewees only speak to the HR Director and treated me like I was transparent, which probably explains why I have a better memory of him). Later, the HR Director reported her findings to the CE, but JK distorted what he said to make it seem like he was a self-entitled and arrogant scholar when he did not come across as such to me at all. So the CE and other directors had an incorrect impression of what he said or felt. Think JK was afraid he badmouthed her or it would look bad on her department like she was overworking all her staff, thus she decided to throw him under the bus and cast him in a bad light, which made me feel quite wronged on his behalf, but who am I to speak up in a room of Directors and above?
Wonder who you are…really lowly HR staff?

Old 17-08-2023, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Wait.. you mean that legendary scholar who bang table, demanded to be promoted after 1 year scholar who was red-eyed coz another scholar was promoted in 1.5 years, below the scholar promotion norms?

The same one who bad mouthed the DD who took him in as an intern, groomed him when he came back after studies?

The same one who went to another agency on secondment and got KICKED back after less than 1.5 years?

The same one whose reputation was so bad that he couldn't find a place to nest himself after his secondment?

The same one who talks in a "I am up here, you are down there attitude" ? The one who doesn't want to come down to the levels of non-scholars coz he thinks he deserves to be up there coz he scholar mah... ?

frankly if this boss of his promotes this scholar.. she deserves all the criticism he and his multiple personalities are spewing on this forum
I decided to post this as the said scholar has clearly been framed. And yes it appears that JK is the person who wrote all those nonsense.

The person wrote "The one who doesn't want to come down to the levels of non-scholars" which I fail to agree with. That scholar as well as the other scholar were always hanging out with everyone else in HCC and they were never flamboyant figures in the office. They do their work dilligently and don't resort to bootlicking because they don't need to.

The same cannot be said of other people within the toxic HCC. The most prominent one is Spencer Chua, a grandmaster in bootlicking. This guy bootlicked his way from M to AD within 4 years. Bosses such as JK, AO, DT love him because he makes them feel good. He is also a snake who will not hesitate to turn his back on people including his subordinates (JK heir in the making) when **** happens.

Talking about being up there, Spencer Chua is certainly one of those despite not being a scholar. When others want to schedule a meeting with him, he will tell them to go look for his subordinate (who is not even his secretary and he doesn't have one) to find a time in his calender as if he is some big shot with a packed schedule.

He will also ask people who are lower ranked than him like AM or M to buy coffee. Like seriously? He thinks he is some minister or CEO?

Oh yes and he is also the one who has been manipulating the AI manpower stats. Artificially raised the figures by including non AI jobs such as business analyst and data analyst in reports.

So dear JK, please do not frame that scholar because there are other assholes in your former department who are much worse.

Anyone else with dirt about Spencer Chua, please feel free to contribute.
Old 17-08-2023, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
why you care so much about who this person is that you have to wonder and ask twice? Are you JK trying to figure who's sharing these anecdotes so you can do something about the person? lol i think what matters more here is not who this "lowly HR staff" is but how the anecdotes illustrate JK is a nasty boss/bully to staff.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 17-08-2023, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I decided to post this as the said scholar has clearly been framed. And yes it appears that JK is the person who wrote all those nonsense.

The person wrote "The one who doesn't want to come down to the levels of non-scholars" which I fail to agree with. That scholar as well as the other scholar were always hanging out with everyone else in HCC and they were never flamboyant figures in the office. They do their work dilligently and don't resort to bootlicking because they don't need to.

The same cannot be said of other people within the toxic HCC. The most prominent one is Spencer Chua, a grandmaster in bootlicking. This guy bootlicked his way from M to AD within 4 years. Bosses such as JK, AO, DT love him because he makes them feel good. He is also a snake who will not hesitate to turn his back on people including his subordinates (JK heir in the making) when **** happens.

Talking about being up there, Spencer Chua is certainly one of those despite not being a scholar. When others want to schedule a meeting with him, he will tell them to go look for his subordinate (who is not even his secretary and he doesn't have one) to find a time in his calender as if he is some big shot with a packed schedule.

He will also ask people who are lower ranked than him like AM or M to buy coffee. Like seriously? He thinks he is some minister or CEO?

Oh yes and he is also the one who has been manipulating the AI manpower stats. Artificially raised the figures by including non AI jobs such as business analyst and data analyst in reports.

So dear JK, please do not frame that scholar because there are other assholes in your former department who are much worse.

Thank you for sharing this. This Spencer sounds like a real a-hole, and only egotistical bosses like JK and AO would condone such behaviour and even promote him that quickly. I can only imagine the level of injustice you and your colleagues have suffered. You sound like a dilligent and down-to-earth employee who should be more deserving of promos than this guy. He must be a real nightmare to work with/under. Hang in there!

Old 17-08-2023, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

LCH can't seem to understand simple data visualisation. Need people to sit down with him to walk through some more.

That explains why so many people have quit as they don't see a point working for such an incompetent leader.

Hope I can land a new job soon.

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 17-08-2023, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Thanks for helping to cleanse this forum of lies and misinformation. This Spencer sounds like the new wave of toxicity that will soon rise up to replace the previous toxic batch that came before him. Birds now the same feather really do flock together. I fully empathise with all who have had to cross paths with such a person at work. It is sad that toxic bosses fail to see the true hardworking talents and continue to reward these bootlickers, which really lays waste to our purported system of meritocracy.
Old 18-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes, Ms June Koh. I am lowly compared to the high and almighty HIPO PSLP Cluster Director who clawed her way up through the ranks at the expense of others. You not only framed this scholar years ago physically but have also resorted to coming onto a forum to do it virtually. It appears that you are also spreading lies about good, hardworking people on this forum simply because you had an unhappy working relationship with them.

I can only imagine the trail of disgruntled, jaded, demoralised employees and peers that you have left in your wake through all these years in the public service.

You seem to favour those who go out of their way to bootlick you because that probably boosts your misplaced ego and makes you think that they are definitely "on your side", instead of looking kindly on those who are competent, work hard and sacrifice their time and energy to complete your tasks.

Shame on you. You are the epitome of the problem that plagues IMDA today.
Old 18-08-2023, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Default IMDA Tech Research Analyst

Wah .... from reading through this thread, it seems like IMDA is a very terok place to work at sia...

basket, was thinking of applying to some Tech. Research Analyst role (Tech. Incubation) at IMDA, any thoughts about that?

I think quite clear la tbh the general ground sentiments at IMDA lol.