Whats your net worth - Page 53 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Investments and Net Worth

Investments and Net Worth Talk all about money making exploits, shares, property and building net worth

Whats your net worth

Old 29-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That's why the post above says you bulls are illogical whereas the bears are logical.

Didn't you ever read up on numerology and the power of the number 5? Do you know why our hands have five fingers and not 1, 2, 3 or 4 fingers?

That's why cooling measures 1, 2, 3 and 4 did not work but 5 will work. Similarly cooling measures 6, 7, 8 and 9 will not work but 10 will work.

If you don't understand the logic, you can read the website of famous numerologist Bhavikk Sangghvi. Once you understand the power of numerology, your networth will be even higher than Oldman's.
It's looks like some bears are illogical as well ... I don't know if I can entrust my wealth to a tea leaf gazing method like the 'power of 5'...

Old 29-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
You two are like old married couple - the bear is logical and gets personal and the bull is illogical and persistent.

And the rest of us could care less cos none of this is on topic.
What bull bear talking you?

The rest of us could care less cos your not on topic either.

Old 29-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
What bull bear talking you?

The rest of us could care less cos your not on topic either.
Looks like I've struck a nerve with the illogical and persistent one.

Old 29-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Looks like I've struck a nerve with the illogical and persistent one.
Looks like you yourself got emo and started to get hung up on posting which you claim you dun care
Old 29-12-2011, 01:52 PM
hedgie

My 2c worth.

Discounting the cynical view that we have many conflicted property agents in our midst, I think there are a couple of reasons we are seeing the big divide between property bulls and property bears.

1. Different types of investors. Some investors buy on momentum and some on fundamentals. And different markets reward different investors behaviour. The fundamental investor would have bought from 2002 thru 2006, and the momentum investor would hv bought in 2007 and 2009. In the last cycle, the momentum investor would have done quite well for themselves. But the important thing for the sophisticated investor to note is when to change his investment style when it used to work so well.

2. Different levels of experience. All investors know how to buy and how to sell at a profit. But only the experienced investor knows the value of not buying when things are overpriced and the value of when to cut your losses and get out. The inexperienced investor will choose to believe that what has made them successful in the past will continue to apply in the future, and will ignore all evidence to the contrary ie the head in the sand approach.

The above is a bridge to far to cross in an anonymous forum, and I wouldn't waste my time convincing either the bulls or the bears of their fallacies.
Old 29-12-2011, 03:30 PM
QXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgie View Post
My 2c worth.

Discounting the cynical view that we have many conflicted property agents in our midst, I think there are a couple of reasons we are seeing the big divide between property bulls and property bears.

1. Different types of investors. Some investors buy on momentum and some on fundamentals. And different markets reward different investors behaviour. The fundamental investor would have bought from 2002 thru 2006, and the momentum investor would hv bought in 2007 and 2009. In the last cycle, the momentum investor would have done quite well for themselves. But the important thing for the sophisticated investor to note is when to change his investment style when it used to work so well.
On what basis do you say fundamental investor will invest in 2002 - 2006 and momentum investor in 2007 - 2009? This seem to be your personal view with no statistical facts to back up. There hasn't been a breakdown of transactions between "fundamental" kind and "momentum" kind reported either by URA or property firms.

Quote:
2. Different levels of experience. All investors know how to buy and how to sell at a profit. But only the experienced investor knows the value of not buying when things are overpriced and the value of when to cut your losses and get out. The inexperienced investor will choose to believe that what has made them successful in the past will continue to apply in the future, and will ignore all evidence to the contrary ie the head in the sand approach.

The above is a bridge to far to cross in an anonymous forum, and I wouldn't waste my time convincing either the bulls or the bears of their fallacies.
Basically this wall of text says some people are flexible and know when to buy / sell, some other don't know. You claim you don't want to waste time convincing on anoynomous forum but type such a long story practically saying nothing

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Old 30-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Hihi, wow the exchanges on property views getting personal haha

Anyway my thoughts...

1. Property market in 2011 - the price increase did slow a little but every time i look at the HDB resale price done over last 12 mths, always got new high..property price is uppp

2. Property in 2012 and 2013 will continue to consolidate. I really cant see much drop if any due to 2 main reasons - genuine demand due to cronic shortage of flats NOW and the very low interest environment for the next 2-3 years as established by FED and ECB

3. Property after 2013 - really hard to tell. If interest rates continue to stay low and Europe can get their act together (which is damn hard la) property will stay strong. On the other hand, if europe blows up and China follows, I think we are in for a rough ride because the new flats (more than 20k HDB per year sold in 2010-2011 are coming online in 2013-2014, and pte apartments may create oversupply.

Foreign policy which is now slowing in terms of bringing pple in will play a part too.

Overall, i am a cautious bull. I really cant see a big crash due to one fact - we really built too little flats over the past 5 years and with hugh population increase +1mio over that period, the demand will take some years to clear. Sell so many BTO HDB now helps but these only come available in 3 years time.

OK, my 2 cents worth, attack me now (personally also can! haha)
Old 30-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

.. if you buying first property to STAY, then no choice la, high or low you still got to buy right? Otherwise wife/fiance will nag non-stop if stay with parents...LOL especially she get pregnant you will DIE c*ck stand from everyday nag.

If can wait, get BTO cheap cheap but far la.. if cannot wait buy resale sibeh sexpensive.. now COV all shouting high levels like 50k and above one.. crazy... I also hope its fake but its real coz i ask different agents and i even ask homeowners themselves coz i thought agent will fake me. Homeowners sell high COV coz they looking to buy the next seller also ask high COV. LOL..

So if anyone think that HDB prices have stabilised and is falling, should go out and pretend you are homebuyer and go and really talk to agent/homeowner to get reality check.

No point keyboard heros, go out and find out the truth!
Old 30-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
.. if you buying first property to STAY, then no choice la, high or low you still got to buy right? Otherwise wife/fiance will nag non-stop if stay with parents...LOL especially she get pregnant you will DIE c*ck stand from everyday nag.

If can wait, get BTO cheap cheap but far la.. if cannot wait buy resale sibeh sexpensive.. now COV all shouting high levels like 50k and above one.. crazy... I also hope its fake but its real coz i ask different agents and i even ask homeowners themselves coz i thought agent will fake me. Homeowners sell high COV coz they looking to buy the next seller also ask high COV. LOL..

So if anyone think that HDB prices have stabilised and is falling, should go out and pretend you are homebuyer and go and really talk to agent/homeowner to get reality check.

No point keyboard heros, go out and find out the truth!
With all due respect think the debate is more on pte housing rather than hdb.
Old 30-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Biased analysis. What about:

- hot money. US on recovery, while europe and china will soon embark on QE => hot money will flow in again.

- immigration policy. if you read carefully our ministers' comments before, during, after elections and their current messages, the trend is toward "easing" of immigration. unsurprisingly it's always "talent is important".

- developers faking it. they will do more stunts to boost demand.

- wannabes. lots of young people overstretching themselves. they will rope in their parents and grandparents.

- affordability. just ask MBT. it's always affordable. average graduate couple now earns $6k or more. 50% DSR is $3k. borrowing for 40years at 1% will allow them to take a $1.2m loan. prices now are extremely affordable.

i bet my last dollar that prices will go up another 50%.
Do you really think US is recovering? I highly doubt so. They also cannot afford to have another QE which will depreciate US dollar way too much and cause inflation to skyrocket.

There are almost 6 mil of pple here. How much more you think we can hold?

Overstreching oneself and low interest rates during high periods of inflation, surrounded by poor economic situations around the world is a recipe for disaster.

If prices go up another 50%, we shall witness a remarkable crash which will leave many broke. The govt knows that, we cannot afford to let it happen. Even if it does, pple holding cash now will benefit greatly.