Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Hihi, wow the exchanges on property views getting personal haha

Anyway my thoughts...

1. Property market in 2011 - the price increase did slow a little but every time i look at the HDB resale price done over last 12 mths, always got new high..property price is uppp

2. Property in 2012 and 2013 will continue to consolidate. I really cant see much drop if any due to 2 main reasons - genuine demand due to cronic shortage of flats NOW and the very low interest environment for the next 2-3 years as established by FED and ECB

3. Property after 2013 - really hard to tell. If interest rates continue to stay low and Europe can get their act together (which is damn hard la) property will stay strong. On the other hand, if europe blows up and China follows, I think we are in for a rough ride because the new flats (more than 20k HDB per year sold in 2010-2011 are coming online in 2013-2014, and pte apartments may create oversupply.

Foreign policy which is now slowing in terms of bringing pple in will play a part too.

Overall, i am a cautious bull. I really cant see a big crash due to one fact - we really built too little flats over the past 5 years and with hugh population increase +1mio over that period, the demand will take some years to clear. Sell so many BTO HDB now helps but these only come available in 3 years time.

OK, my 2 cents worth, attack me now (personally also can! haha)