Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Biased analysis. What about:

- hot money. US on recovery, while europe and china will soon embark on QE => hot money will flow in again.

- immigration policy. if you read carefully our ministers' comments before, during, after elections and their current messages, the trend is toward "easing" of immigration. unsurprisingly it's always "talent is important".

- developers faking it. they will do more stunts to boost demand.

- wannabes. lots of young people overstretching themselves. they will rope in their parents and grandparents.

- affordability. just ask MBT. it's always affordable. average graduate couple now earns $6k or more. 50% DSR is $3k. borrowing for 40years at 1% will allow them to take a $1.2m loan. prices now are extremely affordable.

i bet my last dollar that prices will go up another 50%.
Do you really think US is recovering? I highly doubt so. They also cannot afford to have another QE which will depreciate US dollar way too much and cause inflation to skyrocket.

There are almost 6 mil of pple here. How much more you think we can hold?

Overstreching oneself and low interest rates during high periods of inflation, surrounded by poor economic situations around the world is a recipe for disaster.

If prices go up another 50%, we shall witness a remarkable crash which will leave many broke. The govt knows that, we cannot afford to let it happen. Even if it does, pple holding cash now will benefit greatly.