Whats your net worth - Page 153 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Investments and Net Worth

Investments and Net Worth Talk all about money making exploits, shares, property and building net worth

Whats your net worth

Old 04-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

There are people who rent out their HDB flats illegally. Some lock one room and rent out whole house to families. More enforcement needs to be done.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Millionaire Member

whizzard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a PR from Chennai, bet you don't own any hdb or property because you sounded like a sour grape..
Like most other public housing around the world, foreigners are excluded from such programmes. In Singapore, foreigners (PRs) are allowed to buy public housing under certain circumstances.

This should be viewed as a privilege but certainly not regarded as a right nor an entitlement for foreigners. Always be gracious and grateful to your host country.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Our HDB flat is the most valuable asset. I don't understand why people complain about high resale HDB flat. For many Singaporeans, they already own their HDB flat (bought direct from HDB at very low prices) and so rising HDB flat price is good. For first timers, they get to buy very cheap BTO flat and those who are buying resale HDB can get grant. So people who are complaining are actually not Singaporeans but PRs who want to buy our resale HDB flat cheap. A lot of complains in the Internet is misleading as those who complain on the Internet are actually non Singaporeans (i.e. PRs) who pretended to be Singaporeans. We should introduce capital gains tax on PRs who are selling their HDB flat so that they don't profit so much. There are PRs who made so much money after selling their HDB flat that they can retire back in their villages in their home country after just working a few years in Singapore.
HDB is local singaporeans' last comfort zone. its the only common asset that can make singaporeans richer or feels richer. There are 2 types on PR in Singapore,

-first is those whom are not rich but working in Singapore like any other Singaporeans making ends meets and buying HDB in their new found land.

- Second are those whom are super H.N.W and invest millions in assets to meet govt minimum requirement thus buying up all our private properties and pushing COE to the limit.

Just like Singapore was formed up before 1965 independent, singaporeans came from all over ASia, from China, india, Malaysia...etc.... back then MOST ,if not all, are pauper and perhaps some are richer Bizman. Most people are poor then thus a level playing field.....but

Now, while the 1st grouper is fighting to get the same job at lower pay, the doors are opening to more to those 2nd grouper, immigrants are filthy rich and pushing up inflation.

Singapore now is in a state of sandwiching.... PR fighting at middle and lower group of Singaporeans and the HNW PR fighting on the higher level strata.

I really pity commoners in Singapore & our next generations.

"We are relatively poor Local ladies & gentlemen, serving & protecting the country of influxed new rich ladies and gentlemen"

Good luck everyone....May the strongest survive!

Old 05-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
HDB is local singaporeans' last comfort zone. its the only common asset that can make singaporeans richer or feels richer. There are 2 types on PR in Singapore,

-first is those whom are not rich but working in Singapore like any other Singaporeans making ends meets and buying HDB in their new found land.

- Second are those whom are super H.N.W and invest millions in assets to meet govt minimum requirement thus buying up all our private properties and pushing COE to the limit.

Just like Singapore was formed up before 1965 independent, singaporeans came from all over ASia, from China, india, Malaysia...etc.... back then MOST ,if not all, are pauper and perhaps some are richer Bizman. Most people are poor then thus a level playing field.....but

Now, while the 1st grouper is fighting to get the same job at lower pay, the doors are opening to more to those 2nd grouper, immigrants are filthy rich and pushing up inflation.

Singapore now is in a state of sandwiching.... PR fighting at middle and lower group of Singaporeans and the HNW PR fighting on the higher level strata.

I really pity commoners in Singapore & our next generations.

"We are relatively poor Local ladies & gentlemen, serving & protecting the country of influxed new rich ladies and gentlemen"

Good luck everyone....May the strongest survive!

what is HNW ?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 05-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
what is HNW ?
high net worth
Old 05-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
high net worth
anyone thinks that govt will stop CPF forever? and give us back all our money?

Old 05-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

I'm 58 years old and own a HDB flat. I have cleared my mortgage on the flat and it is now worth $800k. I feel rich. I hope all the cooling policies do not crash the market as I need to rent out my flat to FTs to retire in 5 years time. I hope more high paying FTs can come and work here and rent. We should not allow PRs to buy resale HDB so that they can rent my HDB flat. We should increase ABSD to 30% for PRs and foreigners so that they are discouraged to buy property but instead rent from Singaporeans. Please don't crash the property market. Please solve the property oversupply problem. Please ensure property prices and rents continue to rise. With my rent, I can retire by staying with eldest daughter.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm 58 years old and own a HDB flat. I have cleared my mortgage on the flat and it is now worth $800k. I feel rich. I hope all the cooling policies do not crash the market as I need to rent out my flat to FTs to retire in 5 years time. I hope more high paying FTs can come and work here and rent. We should not allow PRs to buy resale HDB so that they can rent my HDB flat. We should increase ABSD to 30% for PRs and foreigners so that they are discouraged to buy property but instead rent from Singaporeans. Please don't crash the property market. Please solve the property oversupply problem. Please ensure property prices and rents continue to rise. With my rent, I can retire by staying with eldest daughter.
cross your finger... there is abundance supply of HDB, Private in the pipeline. i.e. rental income will drop.unless your location is good to hold the demand. hope u are not betting on this rental as the only passive income for your retirement.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

My spouse and I are in our late forties. Our annual income is only about S$150k pa. Our annual expenditure is pretty high at S$120k pa because we spend quite a substantial amount to support our parents financially (no thanks to our irresponsible siblings who gave them pittance). But we are blessed that we can still afford to stay in a relatively new (bought in 2006, just TOP when we bought) condominium unit which has full facilities. We enjoy using the gym, large swimming pool, BBQ pits and tennis courts. Our net worth is about S$1.8m, including the condo. We hope to retire in about 20 years time by selling this 3 room condo and buying a cheap studio condo, plus passive income from dividends and income from our CPF retirement account. By then, we would not own a car. Just wondering how we are doing? Does anyone know what is the average net worth of a Singaporean couple in their late forties? Is S$1.8m considered below average? Any publication on Singaporean net worth by age group available?
Old 05-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

i am a loser. i spent the best days of my life as a playboy. The more i earned the more i spent. I did not think about a settled life. Recently, i lost my job and also diagnosed chronic illness. Since then, no friends left , no girlfriend, no marriage. I learnt life in the most cruel way. i am 34. i have to start my life all over all. Whom can i trust whom can i talk to.