List of Management Associate Programs - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




List of Management Associate Programs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 20-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 18
Megazord is on a distinguished road
Default List of Management Associate Programs

Hi guys, nowadays many SMEs and small coys put out management trainee programs to entice people, but I was wondering what are the more prestigious ones available. From looking at the threads here and my own research I can list down a few ROTATIONAL PROGRAMS which are available:

Visa Graduate Development Program
Unilever Future Leaders Program
GSK Future Leaders Program
Shell Graduate Program
Glencore Graduate Program
Citi MA Program
HSBC MA Program
DBS MA Program
UOB MA Program

For other local coys:
Singtel MA Program
Starhub
SGX

What are the other big ones out there?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 20-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I believe P&G and GE also have attractive graduate programs.

Microsoft as well but it's NOT MAP per se.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 21-08-2015, 03:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I believe P&G and GE also have attractive graduate programs.

Microsoft as well but it's NOT MAP per se.
Thanks, for GE do you mean the GE Financial Management Program?

And for Microsoft the MACH Program?

What is the name for P&G's one?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 21-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megazord View Post
Hi guys, nowadays many SMEs and small coys put out management trainee programs to entice people, but I was wondering what are the more prestigious ones available. From looking at the threads here and my own research I can list down a few ROTATIONAL PROGRAMS which are available:

Visa Graduate Development Program
Unilever Future Leaders Program
GSK Future Leaders Program
Shell Graduate Program
Glencore Graduate Program
Citi MA Program
HSBC MA Program
DBS MA Program
UOB MA Program

For other local coys:
Singtel MA Program
Starhub
SGX

What are the other big ones out there?
I wouldn't classify programs from Glencore, Citi, Visa, DBS, UOB, Singtel, Starhub, SGX as "prestigious". They are decent in the sense that it is structured environment, provides job rotation and you generally graduate as some sort of "manager". These companies usually target top 10-30% quality of the cohort which is considered good, but definitely not prestigious per se.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 21-08-2015, 05:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I wouldn't classify programs from Glencore, Citi, Visa, DBS, UOB, Singtel, Starhub, SGX as "prestigious". They are decent in the sense that it is structured environment, provides job rotation and you generally graduate as some sort of "manager". These companies usually target top 10-30% quality of the cohort which is considered good, but definitely not prestigious per se.
Wait, Singtel and StarHub, I agree with you.

Citi, DBS and UOB typically have many 1st class honors students as their MAs (whom are definitely top 5% of cohort). You don't consider that prestigious or good enough?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 21-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wait, Singtel and StarHub, I agree with you.

Citi, DBS and UOB typically have many 1st class honors students as their MAs (whom are definitely top 5% of cohort). You don't consider that prestigious or good enough?
Like I said they are good and generally attract good people. There certainly will be some FCH in these programs. Anyway academic grades is just 1 measurement of quality, there are many other facets to determine caliber. Many distinct programs look at far more than just class of honours.

I am just speaking from experience as a recruiter. Ask anyone experienced out there whether a UOB MAP can even remotely compare with a similar program from the likes of Shell, P&G, GE or some of the BB banks. There is a distinction between good & prestigious.

There is no wow factor being a DBS or UOB management trainee as compared to some of these other programs. Usually in order be considered prestigious it's got to be a global leader in a lucrative & influential industry.

It's just like NUS or SMU, yes standards are generally good and occasionally you will get some very bright students, but would anyone consider them prestigious? No. When you talk about prestigious university, people mean Harvard, Yale, Wharton, Oxbridge, Insead, CBS etc. Sames goes for companies.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 21-08-2015, 06:36 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 18
Megazord is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Like I said they are good and generally attract good people. There certainly will be some FCH in these programs. Anyway academic grades is just 1 measurement of quality, there are many other facets to determine caliber. Many distinct programs look at far more than just class of honours.

I am just speaking from experience as a recruiter. Ask anyone experienced out there whether a UOB MAP can even remotely compare with a similar program from the likes of Shell, P&G, GE or some of the BB banks. There is a distinction between good & prestigious.

There is no wow factor being a DBS or UOB management trainee as compared to some of these other programs. Usually in order be considered prestigious it's got to be a global leader in a lucrative & influential industry.

It's just like NUS or SMU, yes standards are generally good and occasionally you will get some very bright students, but would anyone consider them prestigious? No. When you talk about prestigious university, people mean Harvard, Yale, Wharton, Oxbridge, Insead, CBS etc. Sames goes for companies.
Hi, thanks for your input. What other programs would you consider very prestigious?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 21-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

ok, fair enough.

Would love to hear your take then... So you consider HSBC prestigious but not Citi?

What about Unilever, P&G, Shell and other mncs compared to BB grad programs (they don't have MAP)? I know the quality of BB grad programs and the people they take in aren't that good tbh- do note we are considering only MAP/grad programs so I reckon that leaves out FO jobs.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 21-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 18
Megazord is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ok, fair enough.

Would love to hear your take then... So you consider HSBC prestigious but not Citi?

What about Unilever, P&G, Shell and other mncs compared to BB grad programs (they don't have MAP)? I know the quality of BB grad programs and the people they take in aren't that good tbh- do note we are considering only MAP/grad programs so I reckon that leaves out FO jobs.
For those bulge bracket banks, the best applicants will be going for FO jobs like investment banking and trading. But for Unilever etc, I believe the best applicants will be headed for their rotational programs. Please correct me if I m wrong
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 21-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megazord View Post
For those bulge bracket banks, the best applicants will be going for FO jobs like investment banking and trading. But for Unilever etc, I believe the best applicants will be headed for their rotational programs. Please correct me if I m wrong
For BB, there are also those who prefer MO roles for work-life balance. Not completely true to say that the best go for FO jobs though I get what you mean.

I like to know what a recruiter thinks as prestigious (or not) though.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[ASK] DBS Management Associate Programme aNakalimz Income and Jobs 0 15-06-2015 05:54 PM
Do you need help to get into Business Consulting & Management Programs? nuttyprofessor Income and Jobs 15 21-04-2015 02:09 PM
Wealth Management Programs 2015 sky1 Income and Jobs 0 11-10-2014 05:44 PM
Q: Management Associate at SGX Saab Income and Jobs 3 17-09-2013 12:30 PM
PSA Management Associate Programme kwkhiu Income and Jobs 6 03-04-2013 07:15 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Credit Suisse - Compliance... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 35,870 Views
Is my progress considered slow?
3 Replies, 177 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,630 Replies, 851,039 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 19,727 Views
Latest Jobs
0 Replies, 78 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
153 Replies, 110,164 Views
Fresh Grad looking to enter...
0 Replies, 73 Views
Supply Chain Sector
6 Replies, 688 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,428 Replies, 2,850,619 Views
Shell TDP ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 10,786 Views
Career as Social worker?
0 Replies, 123 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,977 Replies, 3,639,585 Views
Career Advice Needed ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 8,564 Views
Quitting a new job after 1 month
3 Replies, 546 Views
Schneider Electric - EGP (Grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 3,127 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
959 Replies, 389,983 Views
Calling ALL the Civil Engineer... ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 21,742 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
1 Replies, 413 Views
Help in Career in Logistics and...
1 Replies, 693 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
321 Replies, 197,848 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
42 Replies, 39,703 Views
Career in the SEO field
0 Replies, 363 Views
Usually SMBC from HR...
0 Replies, 430 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
551 Replies, 255,134 Views
Unpaid leave during probation
4 Replies, 522 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 162,769 Views
List of Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
173 Replies, 78,636 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
242 Replies, 152,660 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2