How do I fare, and what should I do? - Page 3 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Investments and Net Worth

Investments and Net Worth Talk all about money making exploits, shares, property and building net worth

How do I fare, and what should I do?

Old 04-08-2010, 03:09 PM

lazyplane is on a distinguished road

Now to address your question of how do i spend my time ?

Instead of seeking out "achievements", seek out the following.

1. Identify the conflict areas in your life and determine what you want to be . meaning, i want to be the self made millionaire that earns his money honestly , pay his dues when they are due, etc or i want to be rich and i am willing to accept the fact that i made money due to some form of cheating or deception.

If you chose the latter, and there is urge to "do some good" in return, well, just remember that when you are discovered, all the good that you have supposedly done will come undone and society is unlikely to be better off from your actions. re Madoff.

2. Once that is done, determine what contribution you want to bring to society. And in doing so, do not despise the days of small beginnings.

3. Once you have identified the good you will do for society , purse it endlessly.

To end it all, let me share with you a story.

HP founders believe that they could build a better world. They started doing so with their inventions. And they did just that by themselves.

And when that turn them into multi millionaires , and they realised they had to employ workers to build more, they did just that. One of their first few workers who was with them died when they were running or a few years. When this happened, there wasnt anything HP founders could do via the company. And the founders felt this was wrong. So they changed the company by implementing free for employee insurance program. This was unheard of industry then, but this change lead to world wide changes and efforts to promote the well beings of employees in all organisations.

If you are an employee and you are getting free employee benefits like accident coverage,death, etc. Be thankful that there were people like HP founders who did what they did so that you get to enjoy this.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentysix View Post
For almost 4 days I posted I receive more junk replies than genuine constructive ones.

Very disappointed with this forum. I am closing the thread soon.
Just because you don't like what you read, is not a reason to call them junk. lazyplane pointed out some really good points and so did whoa. Obviously you are not a smart person, and your success may not be lasting. My advice to you is don't over spent, least you get yourself into great debt and loose the ability to repay. You have not accumulate much wealth, I do not know why you are contented at this stage, the way I see it, you still have a long way to go. Contrary to what lazyplane had mentioned, your networth is only average in Singapore, that don't put you in the top of the hierarchy. You seems to have some mental health problem too. There's no shame in seeking help from a doctor, the only shame is self-denial.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
For almost 4 days I posted I receive more junk replies than genuine constructive ones.

Very disappointed with this forum. I am closing the thread soon.
You were actually expecting "genuine constructive" suggestions? Welcome to internet forums, my naive padawan. LOL!!

Old 04-08-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Contrary to what lazyplane had mentioned, your networth is only average in Singapore, that don't put you in the top of the hierarchy.
Well, I am sorry for not being clear, but at 26 drawing a monthly income of 23+10k = 33k if true does makes him >0.01%.

Networth, he mentioned 300k but if you think about it, he makes 396k per year. So in less than 3 years, he should be a self made millionaire if he does not spend ridiculously ! Becoming a self made millionaire before 30 is definitely not average singapore.

Again, my emphasis on self made. Not inheritance.

One thing i do know is that there may be people who have boasted they earn so & so much, but actually are not. This is something i cannot understand. What is thrill factor here ? To show off anonymously in a forum ? i just cannot grasp this so if anyone wants to explain this me, i am actually quite interested to know.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyplane View Post
One thing i do know is that there may be people who have boasted they earn so & so much, but actually are not. This is something i cannot understand. What is thrill factor here ? To show off anonymously in a forum ? i just cannot grasp this so if anyone wants to explain this me, i am actually quite interested to know.
Some people do it out of boredom. Some people like to indulge in fantasies.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:27 AM

twentysix is on a distinguished road

Pardon me if I offend anyone here, I personally think (might be wrong) that earning $30k/month is not THAT fantastic you guys made it out to be if you are running a couple of businesses.

I was hoping I can find a mentor here to shed guidance on the path ahead, but I guess I was too naive to think successful people would come to this forum to give advices.

To those who think I must be ********ing about my story, my advice is.. you should dare to dream... your dream isn't that distant if you dare to dream. Many have made it. There are many more richer businessmen around.

To those who think I need to see a doctor, I pity you.

To those who declare any single penny of taxable income in the annual assessments, I salute you, especially if you are a businessman and not a salaried worker.

To those who think I am not smart and would fail in future, thank you - cos you people are my strength and motivation to prove otherwise.

I am requesting this thread to be deleted. Thanks for all replies, constructive or otherwise.

Last edited by twentysix; 05-08-2010 at 01:29 AM.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

I think you have done pretty well to earn $30k/m by 26, but clearly you are a huge risk taker, if not already a serious criminal tax evader. My advice to you is to pay that $60K in tax to the Government like the rest of the responsible citizens and don't take risks that will destroy your future and lend you up in jail. If you add up all the tax you evaded over the past few years, your $300K in net worth may be actually zero. If you end up a convict, it will be hard to start up new business in the future except for things like loan sharking and karaoke bars.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyplane View Post
Well, I am sorry for not being clear, but at 26 drawing a monthly income of 23+10k = 33k if true does makes him >0.01%.

Networth, he mentioned 300k but if you think about it, he makes 396k per year. So in less than 3 years, he should be a self made millionaire if he does not spend ridiculously ! Becoming a self made millionaire before 30 is definitely not average singapore.

Again, my emphasis on self made. Not inheritance.

Yes, you are right IF he manage to save up, but no one can guarantee that. For all we know, he might be jailed or fined heavily for escaping tax, or his business may failed due to some (obvious) reasons, thus affecting his income. There's an old saying, "Never count the chicks before they hatched" . A real smart person will not be content at this point, because its just the beginning. He (twentysix) displayed some self-obsessive traits and contradictions in his thoughts, he believes strongly that he is smart, but proven otherwise by his words, clearly these are mental health (does not mean crazy) issues. Of course, the other possibility is that he made this up thus having such deficient personality. Whatever the case, I hope he knows success is not inevitable, change is. Failure comes when you least expected it.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:35 PM

Hi 26,

I speak for myself and i think i gave you good suggestions.
(Do anyone think my comments are bad ? then let me know)

But i agree with some of the comments posted here that you do need to have a check on your posting.

What do you mean by successful ?
Does it involve cheating, stealing , doing criminal activities ? If so, then i will rather not be successful.

You sound young, and i have given you the benefit of the doubt by answering your post as best as i can without any bad intentions.

My hope is that yes while you can be making a lot of money, this is money you can be proud to boast because it is an honest work and it is a contribution to a greater good/society.

I really do wish you well.

Quote:
Pardon me if I offend anyone here, I personally think (might be wrong) that earning $30k/month is not THAT fantastic you guys made it out to be if you are running a couple of businesses.

I was hoping I can find a mentor here to shed guidance on the path ahead, but I guess I was too naive to think successful people would come to this forum to give advices.

To those who think I must be ********ing about my story, my advice is.. you should dare to dream... your dream isn't that distant if you dare to dream. Many have made it. There are many more richer businessmen around.

To those who think I need to see a doctor, I pity you.

To those who declare any single penny of taxable income in the annual assessments, I salute you, especially if you are a businessman and not a salaried worker.

To those who think I am not smart and would fail in future, thank you - cos you people are my strength and motivation to prove otherwise.

I am requesting this thread to be deleted. Thanks for all replies, constructive or otherwise.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Lesson number one, there are no free lunches.