Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How do I fare, and what should I do?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyplane View Post
Well, I am sorry for not being clear, but at 26 drawing a monthly income of 23+10k = 33k if true does makes him >0.01%.

Networth, he mentioned 300k but if you think about it, he makes 396k per year. So in less than 3 years, he should be a self made millionaire if he does not spend ridiculously ! Becoming a self made millionaire before 30 is definitely not average singapore.

Again, my emphasis on self made. Not inheritance.

One thing i do know is that there may be people who have boasted they earn so & so much, but actually are not. This is something i cannot understand. What is thrill factor here ? To show off anonymously in a forum ? i just cannot grasp this so if anyone wants to explain this me, i am actually quite interested to know.
Yes, you are right IF he manage to save up, but no one can guarantee that. For all we know, he might be jailed or fined heavily for escaping tax, or his business may failed due to some (obvious) reasons, thus affecting his income. There's an old saying, "Never count the chicks before they hatched" . A real smart person will not be content at this point, because its just the beginning. He (twentysix) displayed some self-obsessive traits and contradictions in his thoughts, he believes strongly that he is smart, but proven otherwise by his words, clearly these are mental health (does not mean crazy) issues. Of course, the other possibility is that he made this up thus having such deficient personality. Whatever the case, I hope he knows success is not inevitable, change is. Failure comes when you least expected it.