Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   How do I fare, and what should I do? (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/971-how-do-i-fare-what-should-i-do.html)

twentysix 31-07-2010 08:06 AM

How do I fare, and what should I do?

Before I begin I'll like to disclaim that I am not here to brag (but if I do sound braggy I'm probably just a little proud of myself) and all info entered here are genuine.

I am 26 single and am currently receiving income (stable now) of e-Commerce businesses of $23K/month. I had about $250K cash which I recently invested in a brick-and-motar business generating $10K profits per month (little you might think but the cash turned into assets). I work only about 1 hour/day overseeing operations as I have 3 staffs working for me.

I live with my family in a 4-rm HDB and drives a normal car. I had been full-time employed for the past 7 years, last drawing $45K/annum in IT (without Degree) which I have quit.

I co-own the HDB, but let's just ignore the HDB and my miserable $30K CPF-OA. I do not have much debts. My current net worth should be about $300K excluding the HDB and CPF.

With stable income of about $30K/month with little work to do, I am at a loss. I am too free everyday and I don't feel like I have much goals now that I have met mine and am contented. I am not very keen in nice cars but I do want to get a landed property (in the next property slum), but then I declare too little for a bank to loan me the money. I yearn to own a yacht but I am not THERE yet.

I have thoughts of getting a job overseas (e.g. US, Taiwan) to get a life experience with working overseas, doing something I like without minding the salary, but being a 26-year-old Asian without a Degree probably isn't an attractive choice to employers.

Successful ones, please share with me how you would carry on with my life from here if you were me.

PS: I'm doing my part-time direct Masters course already, in case you wonder why do I not spend the time and money to obtain one.

Unregistered 31-07-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twentysix (Post 6731)
I am 26 single and am currently receiving income (stable now) of e-Commerce businesses of $23K/month. I had about $250K cash which I recently invested in a brick-and-motar business generating $10K profits per month (little you might think but the cash turned into assets). I work only about 1 hour/day overseeing operations as I have 3 staffs working for me.

care to share more about your e-Commerce business that generates $23K/month. i'm sure everyone is interested to know more.

twentysix 31-07-2010 06:00 PM

businesses, but I don't think that should be the focus here, right? :)

Unregistered 31-07-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twentysix (Post 6738)
businesses, but I don't think that should be the focus here, right? :)

come on. share a bit?

Unregistered 01-08-2010 12:44 AM

Quote:

Before I begin I'll like to disclaim that I am not here to brag (but if I do sound braggy I'm probably just a little proud of myself) and all info entered here are genuine.

I live with my family in a 4-rm HDB and drives a normal car. I had been full-time employed for the past 7 years, last drawing $45K/annum in IT (without Degree) which I have quit.

I co-own the HDB, but let's just ignore the HDB and my miserable $30K CPF-OA. I do not have much debts. My current net worth should be about $300K excluding the HDB and CPF.

With stable income of about $30K/month with little work to do, I am at a loss. I am too free everyday and I don't feel like I have much goals now that I have met mine and am contented. I am not very keen in nice cars but I do want to get a landed property (in the next property slum), but then I declare too little for a bank to loan me the money. I yearn to own a yacht but I am not THERE yet.

I have thoughts of getting a job overseas (e.g. US, Taiwan) to get a life experience with working overseas, doing something I like without minding the salary, but being a 26-year-old Asian without a Degree probably isn't an attractive choice to employers.

Successful ones, please share with me how you would carry on with my life from here if you were me.

PS: I'm doing my part-time direct Masters course already, in case you wonder why do I not spend the time and money to obtain one.

wow, you are in an enviable position. i'm 33 and have to slog 5 days a week to make 13K per month. anyway, my advise for you: in the accumulation area, funnel your profits into expanding your businesses as well as save and invest carefully while the sun shines, e.g. stable stocks with decent divident yields like singpost. at the same time, consider giving back to society actively such as sharing your knowledge or skills.

twentysix 01-08-2010 05:43 AM

Here are some wild thoughts I harboured before:

1. Become a social worker

2. Be a speaker (but who would want to pay to listen to my crap? I'm not a "self-made" millionaire like Adam Khoo who claimed he made his million (by investing stock)

3. Be a trainer in the niche I.T. skills I possess

4. Go ahead declare my true income to IRAS, pay the heavy taxes, engage bank loan to launch bigger scale businesses

5. Work overseas in I.T (Singapore has poor exposure to this niche expertise)

6. Move and settle down and retire in Malaysia (since all my family members are Msian. I'm the only SC having served army)

7. Wonder how I can land myself in a Senior Executive post in bigger companies (say, 100-men local company) to sharpen my business management skills

Unregistered 01-08-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

You sound depressed, you may want to see a doctor.

twentysix 01-08-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 6747)

Nonconstructive comments unwelcomed.

Unregistered 02-08-2010 12:04 AM

If I were you, I would become a volunteer and use my money to help the less fortunate. I think you will become a happier person in the process.

Unregistered 02-08-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 6747)

This fellow is right, you do need to see a doctor.