Whats your net worth - Page 154 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Investments and Net Worth

Investments and Net Worth Talk all about money making exploits, shares, property and building net worth

Whats your net worth

Old 05-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

You are a loser only if you think you are.

Someone else would say they envy your life. You have lived life, while they didn't.

And what's so bad about starting over? There are thousands of people each day having to start over. Some have families to feed, loans to pay and alimonies to pay. You are just full of self pity.

I can imagine what kind of "chronic" illness you have, but nothing beats self pity and a "bad give up" attitude.

Friends will come when they see a winner, not a self inflicted loser.

Wake up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a loser. i spent the best days of my life as a playboy. The more i earned the more i spent. I did not think about a settled life. Recently, i lost my job and also diagnosed chronic illness. Since then, no friends left , no girlfriend, no marriage. I learnt life in the most cruel way. i am 34. i have to start my life all over all. Whom can i trust whom can i talk to.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
i am a loser. i spent the best days of my life as a playboy. The more i earned the more i spent. I did not think about a settled life. Recently, i lost my job and also diagnosed chronic illness. Since then, no friends left , no girlfriend, no marriage. I learnt life in the most cruel way. i am 34. i have to start my life all over all. Whom can i trust whom can i talk to.
Do you have AIDs or cancer?
How long more to live?

Don't lose hope. At least you can still afford to surf the net and entertain yourself.
People in Africa are dying of hunger.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
if u still can hop on this forum, you are still worth something. Loser is in the eyes of beholder.

I was also like you, when in my 20s and early 30s and had many flings too & spending like there is no tomorrow, had more fun than planning life seriously.

I married late at mid 30s and senses knocked into me, fun had to come to an end. family and health and wealth for the next generation .

its never too late, unless your illness is terminal....

Old 06-10-2013, 08:10 AM
Unregistered

I feel discouraged when I read the Sunday Times this morning, there is a story of a 29 year old who already earn a monthly 5 figure salary. I am already 50 and yet earning only $5k per month. The guy already bought a $1.3m condo whereas I am still living in a 4 room HDB flat. He drives a BMW but I only take Bus, MRT and Walk. With so many young high income earners nowadays, not surprising why property prices continue to rise. My dream condo will remain a dream.

My HDB flat is now worth $400k with remaining loan of $100k. My CPF savings and other savings in total about $150k. So my net worth is only $450k. I think I cannot retire in Singapore, I may need to sell my HDB flat when I reach 65 (hopefully I can sell it at $800k in 15 years time) and retire in Thailand or Malaysia. I hope our property market will not crash by the property oversupply. Our policies must change to prevent a crash or else I will have to work till I die. My HDB flat is my only precious retirement asset.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

Looking at the bad side:

1. At 50, promotional prospects are also almost zero.
2. Hard to change job because almost no market value. I have friends who resigned or got retrenched in their 40s or early 50s and never went back to full time employment.
3. New graduates with high honours joining the civil service are already earning $4k or more. What more for those who join top private sector companies. Within 10 years, earning $150k or more is a given.
4. Starting business will be difficult because of lower energy level, also more to lose if business fails.
5. Old people hard/slow to pick up new skills.

Looking at the bright side:
1. Still got job and earning honest pay. So be thankful.
2. Got your own home (although only 4 rm HDB) very good already
3. Living in Singapore with efficient public transport and safe environment.
4. Relatively cheap food prices here

But from your writing, I suspect you are actually earning well and living in a condo. Anyway this is for expressing and exchanging views. Condo living is great right?

Quote:
I feel discouraged when I read the Sunday Times this morning, there is a story of a 29 year old who already earn a monthly 5 figure salary. I am already 50 and yet earning only $5k per month. The guy already bought a $1.3m condo whereas I am still living in a 4 room HDB flat. He drives a BMW but I only take Bus, MRT and Walk. With so many young high income earners nowadays, not surprising why property prices continue to rise. My dream condo will remain a dream.

My HDB flat is now worth $400k with remaining loan of $100k. My CPF savings and other savings in total about $150k. So my net worth is only $450k. I think I cannot retire in Singapore, I may need to sell my HDB flat when I reach 65 (hopefully I can sell it at $800k in 15 years time) and retire in Thailand or Malaysia. I hope our property market will not crash by the property oversupply. Our policies must change to prevent a crash or else I will have to work till I die. My HDB flat is my only precious retirement asset.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

I wish I am earning well and living in a condo. Anyway, thanks for your compliments on my writing. Do you think I can make it big being a writer? I could be the next great writer, like that of the lady who wrote the Harry Porter series. No?

Quote:
Looking at the bad side:

1. At 50, promotional prospects are also almost zero.
2. Hard to change job because almost no market value. I have friends who resigned or got retrenched in their 40s or early 50s and never went back to full time employment.
3. New graduates with high honours joining the civil service are already earning $4k or more. What more for those who join top private sector companies. Within 10 years, earning $150k or more is a given.
4. Starting business will be difficult because of lower energy level, also more to lose if business fails.
5. Old people hard/slow to pick up new skills.

Looking at the bright side:
1. Still got job and earning honest pay. So be thankful.
2. Got your own home (although only 4 rm HDB) very good already
3. Living in Singapore with efficient public transport and safe environment.
4. Relatively cheap food prices here

But from your writing, I suspect you are actually earning well and living in a condo. Anyway this is for expressing and exchanging views. Condo living is great right?

Old 06-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

Ok ok, so you are indeed earning only $5k pm.

A 29 yr old earning a 5 figure monthly is not really common, likewise for a fully employed 50 yr old to earn $5k pm is also not common (should be more).

And one more thing you should be thankful for, that you are not convicted of any crime. Today's paper you see mention of the law professor, the ex SCDF guy, the Glenn Defense Marine guy etc.. If given the chance, I am quite sure they will now want to swap places with you.

About the writing, you do write well, but writing novel and fictions are different no?

Quote:
I wish I am earning well and living in a condo. Anyway, thanks for your compliments on my writing. Do you think I can make it big being a writer? I could be the next great writer, like that of the lady who wrote the Harry Porter series. No?
Old 06-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

A 29 yr old earning a 5 figure monthly is not really common, likewise for a fully employed 50 yr old to earn $5k pm is also not common (should be more).

And one more thing you should be thankful for, that you are not convicted of any crime. Today's paper you see mention of the law professor, the ex SCDF guy, the Glenn Defense Marine guy etc.. If given the chance, I am quite sure they will now want to swap places with you.

About the writing, you do write well, but writing novel and fictions are different no?
After a thorough test, I find that you are talking to yourself. You are replying to your own messages.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Yes, even though I am poor, I am an honest man. You make me feel much better now. Indeed there are many rich people who are corrupted, who cheat and manipulate others. I think I am a better person than these crooks.

About writing novel and fiction, I don't know the difference. Maybe I should just write and send to publishers.

Quote:

Old 06-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Your thorough test is not thorough enough.

We are 2 different posters, just that our writing style is quite similar. We could even be from the same school. But that's the thing with being anonymous, we will never know.

Quote:
After a thorough test, I find that you are talking to yourself. You are replying to your own messages.