Compare civil service salary - Page 1285 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #12841 (permalink)  
Old 16-11-2021, 02:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi, anyone has any idea whether a manager position in AGC is which Mx grade equivalent? I am currently working in another public sector agency drawing a monthly gross pay of mid 6k and wondering if it is worth trying out a job application with AGC for the post of manager. Thanks



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #12842 (permalink)  
Old 17-11-2021, 07:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, anyone has any idea whether a manager position in AGC is which Mx grade equivalent? I am currently working in another public sector agency drawing a monthly gross pay of mid 6k and wondering if it is worth trying out a job application with AGC for the post of manager. Thanks
Cannot do grade equivalent comparison. Eg, a manager in AGC could make more money than someone who is MX12 or MX11. I believe there are 2 grades for the manager post in AGC.

Reply With Quote
  #12843 (permalink)  
Old 17-11-2021, 08:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is civil service too comfortable, that's why they cannot adapt to private sector?
I am guessing they find the pace too fast and heavily tasked as compared to the public sector.

Reply With Quote
  #12844 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2021, 10:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Cannot do grade equivalent comparison. Eg, a manager in AGC could make more money than someone who is MX12 or MX11. I believe there are 2 grades for the manager post in AGC.
Thanks! If there are indeed 2 grades for the mgr role, I suppose would be something like mx11 and mx11a
Reply With Quote
  #12845 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2021, 07:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hard la, HDB's HR is not so forgiving
Ive been with HDB for about 2 years coming to 3. Am thinking about leaving since I am still young and can learn more, but im afraid that salary in private might not be as competitive for progression and work life balance might take a hit. Anybody can share insights?
Reply With Quote
  #12846 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2021, 09:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ive been with HDB for about 2 years coming to 3. Am thinking about leaving since I am still young and can learn more, but im afraid that salary in private might not be as competitive for progression and work life balance might take a hit. Anybody can share insights?
Go private better, every three to four years job hop can get hefty increment that CS canít provide. The skyís the limit in private sector. When you gain many years of experience in private, you want come back to CS take on leadership roles also can.
Reply With Quote

  #12847 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2021, 10:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Go private better, every three to four years job hop can get hefty increment that CS canít provide. The skyís the limit in private sector. When you gain many years of experience in private, you want come back to CS take on leadership roles also can.
Sure a not! Leadership role immediately from the private sector?
Got example? I seldom hear this happen.
Reply With Quote
  #12848 (permalink)  
Old 19-11-2021, 04:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi all. Iíve recently been verbally offered a senior manager/manager job in MOM.
I have about 10 years of work experience in private sector.

Graduated with a private degree, followed by a masters.

What would my salary be like and which MX would I likely land myself in?

Appreciate the enlightenment. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #12849 (permalink)  
Old 19-11-2021, 07:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all. Iíve recently been verbally offered a senior manager/manager job in MOM.
I have about 10 years of work experience in private sector.

Graduated with a private degree, followed by a masters.

What would my salary be like and which MX would I likely land myself in?

Appreciate the enlightenment. Thanks.
If not wrong MOM job titles are a little inflated.. so dont expect for a huge offer or grade that comes along with it.. likely pay will be high end mx12 or entry mx11..
Reply With Quote
  #12850 (permalink)  
Old 19-11-2021, 07:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all. Iíve recently been verbally offered a senior manager/manager job in MOM.
I have about 10 years of work experience in private sector.

Graduated with a private degree, followed by a masters.

What would my salary be like and which MX would I likely land myself in?

Appreciate the enlightenment. Thanks.
Sounds good for Mx11A or 10
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 149 15-06-2021 09:35 AM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,521 Replies, 6,791,120 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,148 Replies, 2,024,865 Views
Banks' Pay and Bonuses ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
529 Replies, 289,147 Views
Starting pay for fresh grad? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 28,534 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
369 Replies, 415,483 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 6,290 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,871 Replies, 3,718,376 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
556 Replies, 213,701 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,680 Replies, 9,318,583 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,035 Replies, 910,346 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,045 Replies, 682,579 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,353 Replies, 5,164,651 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
346 Replies, 242,981 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
539 Replies, 165,240 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,742 Replies, 2,656,586 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,411 Replies, 2,422,842 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,280 Replies, 1,074,436 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,218 Replies, 932,032 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
642 Replies, 173,359 Views
DSTA or CSIT ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 22,997 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,094 Replies, 3,048,024 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,000 Replies, 225,377 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
515 Replies, 267,159 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,276 Replies, 941,417 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
335 Replies, 165,554 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
260 Replies, 270,841 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 84,122 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,469 Replies, 673,506 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
150 Replies, 142,291 Views
ST engineering starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 59,920 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2